Areas of Spain that have the nicer weather in early October?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 Sep 2012 3:38 PM by emjharts Star rating. 33 posts Send private message

I have been to the costa del sol and costa tropical many times all over the year but have often found that maybe regions higher up have nicer weather?

I also visited the Costa Blanca a few months ago and really loved the scenery and it was alot warmer than holidays I have had in the costa del sol.
Therefore, I was wondering where people would think a decent area would be to visit in early October?
I have options of places in the Alicante area, Murcia area and costa del sol again. Are there areas higher up that often have more pleasant weather?
Also, I do enjoy really dramatic rocky, mountainous areas so any ideas would be great. I know its a large area for people to comment on but any comments would interest me!

Like 0      
04 Sep 2012 4:58 PM by elaineG Star rating in Spain . 409 posts Send private message

'higher up'

Do mean in the mountains  or further north   !!

Like 0      
04 Sep 2012 5:00 PM by emjharts Star rating. 33 posts Send private message

As in further up the country! ne would assume that the further you go up the milder it gets but there are alot of places that have microclimates.

Like 0      
04 Sep 2012 5:05 PM by elaineG Star rating in Spain . 409 posts Send private message

Further up can really only mean higher above sea level

But I think you may mean, as I said, further north from a certain latitude.

North and south are not up nor down,  except maybe on  a map, and that depends on which way around the map is !

Please be more specific

Like 0      
04 Sep 2012 5:08 PM by emjharts Star rating. 33 posts Send private message

Basically, going up the coast from say Nerja in the Costa del Sol, right up to around Valencia. 

Like 0      
04 Sep 2012 5:43 PM by ojosazul88 Star rating. 171 posts Send private message

The area around Almeria city is the sunniest part of Spain therefore has a very dry desert like climate, hence the Cabo de Gata nature park looking like a desert!, Once you get to Northern Costa Blanca and around Valencia they get far more rain which is why the climate around Valencia is perfect for the famous rice they grow which many eat in Paella! So, if you like dry, sunny warm weather, head to Almeria!

Like 0      
04 Sep 2012 5:50 PM by iain4702 Star rating in East Lothian & Lo.... 42 posts Send private message

South Costa Blanca is one of the hottest in Spain throughout the year.Have been all over Spain but having been to Los Montesinos for the last 7 years you could not go wrong

Iain

Like 0      
04 Sep 2012 7:10 PM by emjharts Star rating. 33 posts Send private message

Thank you ojosazul88, is there any particular town or village around Almeria that would suit a 35 year old couple, no kids, looking for nice bars and restaurants but a place that has a real spanish feel to it still? 

Like 0      
05 Sep 2012 1:01 AM by ojosazul88 Star rating. 171 posts Send private message

Emjharts, Yes not being much older than you i can recommend "Aguadulce", spent last August there, very Spanish feel, great beachfront location close to Almeria City, not sure what its like in October but there are bars, restaurants all along the promenade.

The more well known resort of Roquetas del Mar is about 15 mins down the coast and is a more commercial place attracting lots of Brits,Russians etc.

Like 0      
05 Sep 2012 1:36 PM by nigela Star rating. 415 posts Send private message

I would try for Mojacar in the Almeria region.  Mojacar village is a white washed village on a hillside with stunning views and a magical place to visit.  The area is close the Cabo De Gata natural park and the drive to Caboneras is stunning.  Also the drive the other way to Villaricos (a beautiful small spanish harbour) and San Juan is superb.  We stay in a small village called Palomares which is about a 10 minute walk to the beach and less than 5 minutes to the village.  It is a short drive to both Villaricos and Mojacar.

Like 0      
05 Sep 2012 4:06 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

If you what mountainous landscape.....this is the view from my house in Algorfa on the Costa Blanca,7 miles from the coast and fantastic scenery....

Like 0      
07 Sep 2012 2:54 PM by mac75 Star rating in Valencia. 414 posts Send private message

mac75´s avatar

Well I would have to say Valencia, it has wonderful weather in October, my favourite month of the year, as it is not typically a tourist detination as many areas down south are, their is plenty to do and being a larger city a fantastic choice of restaurants, venues, museums, parks,sea, lakes, a bit of everything but the cold! Plenty of entertainment if you have the time. 

A donde el corazón se inclina, el pie camina.

Like 0      
07 Sep 2012 3:54 PM by nigela Star rating. 415 posts Send private message

I still say mojacar would suit you best -  See the photo of the village on the mountainside

Like 0      
07 Sep 2012 3:58 PM by nigela Star rating. 415 posts Send private message

Or this photo of view on the road to Carboneras:

Like 0      
07 Sep 2012 8:50 PM by ojosazul88 Star rating. 171 posts Send private message

Aguadulce, 

This message was last edited by ojosazul88 on 07/09/2012.

This message was last edited by ojosazul88 on 07/09/2012.

Like 0      
10 Sep 2012 7:32 PM by anthonyo Star rating. 20 posts Send private message

anthonyo´s avatar

All the south coast.

Like 0      
12 Sep 2012 12:18 AM by robert.ellis0905 Star rating in Altea. Costa Blanca .... 13 posts Send private message

You should try the Altea area. Wonderful micro climate all year round. Visit: www.   altearentals.  com

Like 0      
12 Sep 2012 10:14 AM by Lifeline Star rating in Murcia. 365 posts Send private message

Lifeline´s avatar

Murcia is lovely in October and warm enough to swim and sit on the beach. It is a great time of year.Even into November we are wearing only t.shirts. Our outside temp. yesterday in the shade was 29 degrees. It takes months to change and cool down.

Daveil

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Hopeing to move to Spain - 8 posts
What causes fire? - 3 posts
Solicitor Advice - In process of buying - 2 posts
Bakery/cake course spain - 0 posts
AUSTRALIAN/SPANISH DUAL CITIZENSHIP RIGHTS - 10 posts
Opel Zafira 7 seater for sale - 0 posts
Fiesta Titanium 5 door - 0 posts
Statement card from Clinic?? - 12 posts
ANYONE HEARD OF THIS GROUP - 1 posts
Responsible rental coordinator, house minder Costa Brava area - 0 posts
What day should wages be paid in. - 2 posts
F.A.O.JUSTIN - 2 posts
informing spain that my car is now on french plates - 4 posts
Ryanair again - 6 posts
Lloyd TSB / Santander etc. UK and Spain current accounts - 43 posts
electro card meter - 0 posts
LIVING FOR 3 MONTHS AT A TIME IN sPAIN - 34 posts
price for free sat dish supplied and fitted - 5 posts
So what is the temperature at night? - 12 posts
still confused with RESIDENCIA rules - 31 posts
banking reform - 2 posts
NIE EX15 or Certificate of Residency EX18 ? - 3 posts
Satellite dishes the law ? - 15 posts
Murcia? - 13 posts
fire raging at the moment - 15 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 20

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x