Help needed with Blog editing

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
16 Aug 2012 8:44 PM by tamaraessex Star rating in Colmenar, Malaga. 508 posts Send private message

tamaraessex´s avatar

Can any bloggers here (or Justin if he sees this) help me?

I don't know how to go back and edit blog posts.  I'd like to insert pictures into past posts but can't find a way of editing them (I also spotted a small typo which I'd like to correct!).

Also, is it possible for me as the blog "owner" to delete an offensive comment someone has made?

Any advice gratefully received.  It's the one called "A Foot in Two Campos", and post number 7 about "going home" has provoked a really interesting list of comments.

Cheers,

Tamara

Blog about settling into a village house in the Axarquía. http://www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/tamara.aspx

Like 0      
16 Aug 2012 9:21 PM by gerrryuk Star rating in Mezquitilla, near To.... 179 posts Send private message

gerrryuk´s avatar

Hi Tamara,

I had trouble with this but here is the answer.

Go into my blogs as usual, then you will see blog options, click that & you will see edit/read blog.

This is the difficult bit.... don't do the obvious or click on deletions, click on the your headline words.

Let me know if you get into trouble.

I'll investigate deletions as I don't know that one

Gerald

This message was last edited by gerrryuk on 16/08/2012.

Like 0      
16 Aug 2012 10:11 PM by gerrryuk Star rating in Mezquitilla, near To.... 179 posts Send private message

gerrryuk´s avatar

Tamara I don't think you can delete a post. I have spent time looking for several things without success.

Quite rightly you have directed your query to Justin but I wonder if he has time to read everything!

I have also looked to see if we contact him or the "EOS team" directly but they appears rather insular & unless I am missing something they cannot be contacted.

My only other suggestion is to go to Blogs & you will see EOS Blog & send him a message under Maintenance even though it was written last April. At the very least it should register that he has received a message.

In my opinion there should be somewhere to register a message as unappropriate spam, then hidden but not deleted, so that the reasons for the later replies deriding his post are known. Perhaps the EOS team could look at that.

Incidentally EOS have a means of reporting spam on forum replies why not on Blogs?

Like 0      
17 Aug 2012 12:58 AM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Tamara Hi...

Editing or Deleting blog posts is easy,

Go to 'My Blogs' / then 'Blog Options' then 'Edit / View Blog Posts'

Select the post you wish to Edit and as gerry says click on the post title.

To delete the post instead of editing it just hit the delete button at the end of the line.

Edit  / View Blog Posts also gives you the option to delete comments from a particular post select but do not click on the post whose comments you wish to delete and click on the comments button for that post. The comment(s) will then be displayed with the option at the end of the line to delete that relevant comment.

Pictures to be inserted into blogposts must be hosted at somewhere like photobucket... for pics hosted there select the 'Direct Link ' option for the url coding. When pasting pics into your blog click on the position you wish to insert the picture, then click the third button from the right in the top row of buttons in the edit window. Clicking on this button will open a new small window into which you can paste the photobucket url code for the selected picture. then click OK. Disregard anything else in the smaller window. Keep the pictures to a reasonable size 640 x480 is ideal although you can go out to about 750 wide before nasty things start to happen to the appearance of the blog.

Finally you do not have the option to preview the edited blog entry to see what it looks like before finally posting it so if it all goes pearshaped merely go back and start editing again!...

Think that about covers it'

fb

This message was last edited by foxbat on 17/08/2012.

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
17 Aug 2012 1:11 AM by gerrryuk Star rating in Mezquitilla, near To.... 179 posts Send private message

gerrryuk´s avatar

Yea Tamara,

that does work just tried it myself

Gerald

Like 0      
17 Aug 2012 4:30 PM by tamaraessex Star rating in Colmenar, Malaga. 508 posts Send private message

tamaraessex´s avatar

Thanks Gerry and Foxbat.  Will give it a go.  Useful to know that the pics have to be somewhere else rather than just on my PC.

Am about ti try to insert a pic now ...... OK that's ENORMOUS!  Need to learn how to make them smaller :-)

Blog about settling into a village house in the Axarquía. http://www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/tamara.aspx

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Copy of E mail from Flybe about UK Aviation Taxes... - 2 posts
Change of statute - 6 posts
Will they take the gamble - 2 posts
Sunglasses and driving. - 35 posts
Where should tax be paid UK or Spain ? - 14 posts
Wanted Long term rental in Turre - 0 posts
child seating on coaches - 1 posts
Upholster for foam - 2 posts
Secure storage space wanted - 1 posts
Hi from manilva - 0 posts
Please help the Bees - 0 posts
Community fee penalties - 3 posts
Changing car documents - 9 posts
Changing name of car documents - 2 posts
Iwant to swap my 3 bed semi in Bridgend S Wales for an apartment near Estepona - 0 posts
Beware when selling your car in Spain. - 0 posts
Bobbie - 1 posts
Movifresh - 1 posts
Yet another thread hijacked by the "hard done by" generation!!! - 6 posts
What does Europe need to sort out this mess? - 27 posts
Credit card PINs - 19 posts
Everything I should know, when buying a car in Spain. - 6 posts
air source heat pumps and alternative energy sources - 1 posts
Health advise - do you need health advise - 0 posts
LOOKING FOR 5 MONTHS RENTAL IN MOJACAR PLAYA - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x