Changing car documents

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
14 Aug 2012 11:51 AM by josellers Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Hi, we have just bought a second hand car and have been quoted €300 to change the name. Would it be a lot cheaper doing it myself in Trafico or shall I let the Gestoria do it ? I'm fluent in Spanish so there's not a problem with the language

Like 0      
14 Aug 2012 1:54 PM by El alamillo Star rating in Nottingham & El Alam.... 221 posts Send private message

I would say do it yourself.

I needed to change my district for payment of road tax. I went to trafico in Cartagina.

I do not speak fluent Spanish but I got bye.

I waited a year after paying Cartagina district and sure enough when I went to my local town hall this year all my details were on there system. I paid them this year.

So I did it clever me.

A name change can't be any harder.

Remember to take all your documents with you. Passport, Driving licence, Escritura, Padron, Matriculation, Road Tax and anything else you can think of.

Then spend the €300 on a treat.

Good luck

Like 0      
14 Aug 2012 1:56 PM by El alamillo Star rating in Nottingham & El Alam.... 221 posts Send private message

If it is a change of ownership there will be costs involved before change of ownership can take place

If I am right the Hasienda will assess the value and a tax is paid on this value.

Then go to trafico

take photocopies of everything with you it will save time and cost.

I went  to Hasienda / Trafico with the previous owner of the vehicle I purchased

This message was last edited by El alamillo on 14/08/2012.

Like 0      
14 Aug 2012 4:00 PM by josellers Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Thank you for your replies, Do they value the car on the book price or the amount you have paid for the car ? just trying to asses if its worth me going myself or paying the Gestoria. I have recently moved to Malaga after living in mallorca for 20 years, the last one I bought there was new so I suppose it was different ?

Like 0      
14 Aug 2012 4:21 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Hi, we have just bought a second hand car and have been quoted €300 to change the name. Would it be a lot cheaper doing it myself in Trafico or shall I let the Gestoria do it ? I'm fluent in Spanish so there's not a problem with the language

Sorry Josellers,    but as you are fluent in Spanish I really cannot understand why you are posting the question here.

Call Traffico, speak to a gestor, or several, and get the info you need from the horse's mouth..

Like 0      
14 Aug 2012 5:15 PM by josellers Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Spoken to a Getoria and I phoned Traffico this morning, Traffico has a taped message of its opening hours and the Gestoria quoted me €300, hence the question here plus its a national holiday tomorrow and everything is shut ! I didn't realise posting questions was limited to those who didn't speak Spanish

Like 0      
14 Aug 2012 5:42 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

I didn't realise posting questions was limited to those who didn't speak Spanish

Most people ask here because they cannot ‘speak to the Spanish system’   

The answers which are often posted are often by those who have successfully negotiated the system.  But of course, sometimes that may not be as full an answer as those asking may need, because of their special circumstances.  Thus as I said, better to ‘get it from the horse’s mouth’ if, like you, one is able to do so.

But on reflection 300€ sounds reasonable and it will save you having problems with the system, as you seem to be experiencing.

This message was last edited by johnzx on 14/08/2012.

Like 0      
14 Aug 2012 7:35 PM by josellers Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

I have been in touch with someone who does transfers in Malaga and she recons it will be half if I go myself.

Seems about right, the Gestoria are hardly going to say to me

"knock yourself out sunshine, it'll be half price if you go and do it yourself"

Thank you for your replies, looks like Im going to Malaga then

Like 0      
14 Aug 2012 10:00 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

15 Aug 2012 9:26 AM by josellers Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Thank you Foxbat , much appreciated,  I'm going to Malaga on Thursday

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Changing name of car documents - 2 posts
Iwant to swap my 3 bed semi in Bridgend S Wales for an apartment near Estepona - 0 posts
Beware when selling your car in Spain. - 0 posts
Bobbie - 1 posts
Movifresh - 1 posts
Yet another thread hijacked by the "hard done by" generation!!! - 6 posts
What does Europe need to sort out this mess? - 27 posts
Credit card PINs - 19 posts
Everything I should know, when buying a car in Spain. - 6 posts
air source heat pumps and alternative energy sources - 1 posts
Health advise - do you need health advise - 0 posts
LOOKING FOR 5 MONTHS RENTAL IN MOJACAR PLAYA - 0 posts
SLINGBOX TV CONTROLLER. - 1 posts
I'm looking for spanish car left hand drive - 8 posts
LOOKING FOR A 2-WEEK RENTAL from 22nd September - 0 posts
fort collins property management companies - 0 posts
6 TO 10% VAT HOUSE PURCHASE HIKE IN NEW YEAR. - 2 posts
Another Nail in the Spanish Property Coffin - 63 posts
momac61 - 6 posts
Beware of defaulting on a mortgage - 4 posts
I am so confused - 1 posts
Nueva Ribera Beach Club - 2 posts
Brittany Ferry Spanish Voyage Club - 1 posts
Brittany Ferries Spain Voyage Club - 0 posts
Moving flats and tax address - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x