Gelish nail salon in Benijofar?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
03 Jul 2012 11:09 AM by camille Star rating in West Yorkshire & Her.... 121 posts Send private message

camille´s avatar
Does anyone know if there's a beauty salon in or around Benijofar that does Gelish nails (or similar)? Having my nails done for my hols and will be there in Spain for 5 weeks so will need it taking off and reapplying whilst over there. Any info would be great, thanks

Like 0      
03 Jul 2012 3:58 PM by summer70 Star rating in Granada. 92 posts Send private message

summer70´s avatar

Hi Camille,
Sorry I can't help you with the address of a nail salon.
But I'm bumping this thread for you, as my reply on the other one (wrong title  ) has bumped it to the top of the page (60 views already, lol!).
So this way, maybe someone can give you a non-joking answer.

Like 0      
03 Jul 2012 5:19 PM by steone Star rating in Santiago de la Riber.... 383 posts Send private message

Hi

being a mere male who does not have Gelish or even hellish nails, my other half says that there are lots of salons around that will do what you want. Torrvieja will have some and she knows of one in Los Alcazares ( just passed Murcia Airport) which is about 50 mins. drive away from you

Good luck

Like 0      
03 Jul 2012 7:33 PM by maddiemack Star rating in Grantham, Lincolnshi.... 194 posts Send private message

What is it about Nails?  Where shops are closing down round us...there have been two new nail salons opened up within the past 6 months.  What's it all about?  I keep my nails clean, well-filed and about 4mm long and it costs me the price of a good nail file.  I hate to see really long nails and I find all those different falsies unappealing.  My hubby (and other guys I know) find them a real turn-off.  My sons feel the same.  They like girls with a 'natural' look.  Are we missing something?

I don't mean to say your nails are like this, camllle. I don't even know what a gellish nail is!  I just can't get my head round people paying good money to someone to make their nails look like coloured tallons that get in the way of doing everyday tasks!  Maybe it's me!

Like 0      
03 Jul 2012 9:24 PM by camille Star rating in West Yorkshire & Her.... 121 posts Send private message

camille´s avatar
Gelish is simply a varnish that lasts around 3 weeks without chipping. My nails aren't false, I keep them clean and no longer than the end of my fingers. I am a working Mum, wife and a career to my partially sighted Mum so the hour I take to relax and be 'pampered' once every 3 weeks is my treat. The varnish has to be soaked off so if I can't find a salon that does it will have to just have regular varnish before I come over
There's nothing fake or pretentious about me 😊

Like 0      
03 Jul 2012 9:24 PM by camille Star rating in West Yorkshire & Her.... 121 posts Send private message

camille´s avatar
Gelish is simply a varnish that lasts around 3 weeks without chipping. My nails aren't false, I keep them clean and no longer than the end of my fingers. I am a working Mum, wife and a career to my partially sighted Mum so the hour I take to relax and be 'pampered' once every 3 weeks is my treat. The varnish has to be soaked off so if I can't find a salon that does it will have to just have regular varnish before I come over
There's nothing fake or pretentious about me 😊

Like 0      
04 Jul 2012 10:44 AM by maddiemack Star rating in Grantham, Lincolnshi.... 194 posts Send private message

Aha, so now I know!  I never knew such a varnish existed but it sounds like a great idea. 

You certainly deserve to be pampered, Camille.  It sounds as though you don't have much time to yourself.  I have recently become the main carers of my elderly, very frail mother (my husband helps, too) and I am always being told that I should  spend more time looking after myself.....so I am going to book myself a Gelish nail session. Thanks!

Like 0      
15 Jul 2012 11:27 PM by christinejoyce Star rating. 56 posts Send private message

I have seen a nail salon in Benijofar, on the main road, and am sure there is one up in Quesada. As hellish is really popular, I imagine they do it. Have a lovely time here when you come over.

Like 0      
16 Jul 2012 2:12 AM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

There is a hairdresser's that has opened in Formentera near super market. super value Sam does  nails on a Wednsday and Saturday.

I had mine done when I was over in May.

Like 0      
16 Jul 2012 3:11 AM by christinejoyce Star rating. 56 posts Send private message

Oooh is that where the Liffey bar and the estate agent is? Which premises have they taken over? I
Have my place in that area. Was last there in April so wasn't open then. Great if there is going to be a hairdressers.

Like 0      
16 Jul 2012 3:21 AM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Hi Christine.

Yes just before you get to the Liffy bar, it is before you get to the shops and bars she normally puts a chair outside.

Patricia

Like 0      
16 Jul 2012 8:58 AM by camille Star rating in West Yorkshire & Her.... 121 posts Send private message

camille´s avatar
Oh that's sounds ideal Pat, we have an apartment in Las Heredades so often pop into Liffey when we are over. I was over in May and didn't notice a salon but that's nothing unusual as I am extremely unobservant!
Christinejoyce, is that the one near the tobacconist ? My Hubby said there is one there but after 5 years of having an apartment in the area I haven't noticed it lol.
Thanks ladies I will check them both out.

Like 0      
16 Jul 2012 10:28 AM by christinejoyce Star rating. 56 posts Send private message

Hi Camile, and Pat, yes near the tobac shop but as I am down in Formentera I will check out the hairdressers, I will be looking in the Liffey to see if any of you are sitting there with new hellish nails! Lol! Don't expect Roy will have them thou!

Like 0      
08 Jul 2016 7:56 PM by KimberleyR24 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi Camille, 

I had my nails done in Love Nails in Quesada - if you want gel'ish (or Shellac) nails DO NOT use this salon!  The nail artist is Spanish and doesn't speak English, but the lady that helps her out with translation doesn't know anything about nails (so she says).  I booked for Shellac nails, was asked to pay a 10 Euros deposit for a 15 Euros service, as published on their tariff.  After my nails were done, I was charged 25 Euros - when I queried it, the woman who speaks English told me it was because I'd also had a manicure!!!  Today I went to Butterflies salon in Algorfa and would thoroughly recommend them - Sandy did my nails and followed exactly the procedure that I expected and have been having in the UK for years, so imagine our surprise when my Shellac didn't soak off?  That was when she advised me that, despite booking for Shellac with Love Nails, they had actually given me acrylics.  My recommendation would be not to touch Love Nails in Quesada and instead book an appointment with Sandy at Butterflies in Algorfa - 15 Euros for Shellac colour, 18 Euros for Shellac French - the salon is located at 28 Avenida Maria Mar Rodriguez, 03169 Algorfa, tel: 966 729 671.  Algorfa is about a 5 minute drive from Benijofar.

Kind regards,

Kim

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Hellish nail salon in Benijofar? - 3 posts
Spanish Airport Tax Increases from 1st July - 22 posts
The need for more effective monitoring systems and enforceable regulatory controls - 21 posts
car swap or px - 0 posts
car swap or px - 0 posts
sky costa blanca - 1 posts
Telefonica murcia region - 1 posts
UK driving licence in France & Spain - 2 posts
Wall Insulating in Spain - 36 posts
presedent - 31 posts
Mercedes C180 English headlights - 1 posts
Double Posts Appearing On Blogs - 3 posts
Latest mortgage rates? - 5 posts
buying online - 3 posts
This photo says it all - 4 posts
7th Heaven - 2 posts
Maria de Castro (costaluz lawyers) wins my case against el patio - 3 posts
Soft Tub Wanted - 1 posts
La Cala de Mijas Nr Malaga - bilingual school? - 0 posts
HELP - 2 posts
Car hire - 0 posts
Satellite Phone advise wanted - 1 posts
Scrapyard - 3 posts
Caravan wanted: Does anyone know of one in the Costa del Sol area? - 3 posts
Spain or Italy? Come on "La Roja"! - 26 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 14

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x