buying online

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
30 Jun 2012 3:54 PM by hmaloney Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

hi,

hope someone here can help me with this.....

we live in spain and we saw a TV advertised on a well known spanish site for €149! i think they had left the 9 off the end as it retails for €1499!

anyway we bought it, thinking the worst that can happen is the order gets cancelled and they refund the payment.

this was last friday, we received an email saying that the order was confirmed, the money was taken from the bank and the order was ready for delivery.

on monday we received another email with confirmation of delivery and the delivery tracking number.

tuesday morning (8.30, very early for the spanish!) we got a phone call on a mobile number. the person on the other end said that there had been a mistake with the price and the order was going to be cancelled. the person wasn't very clear about what they were saying and the call didnt last long.

ok, so 2 hours or so the TV arrived!

we have it in the house, the money has been taken and we have had a few missed calls (but no messages or emails) from the mobile number called.

what are our rights? is the TV legally ours?!?!?

thanks so much in advance if anyone can help, not sure what laws apply to online shopping, and online shopping in spain.

Like 0      
30 Jun 2012 4:30 PM by steve and anita Star rating in in San Cayetano. 324 posts Send private message

steve and anita´s avatar

Keep an eye on your bank account they debited the original money for the TV from, they may take the remainder to pay the correct full price.

If its ok, let me know the company involved, I could do with a €1500 tv for €150,lol.

Like 0      
30 Jun 2012 5:02 PM by hmaloney Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

thanks for the reply. i have been checking the account, surely they cannot take more money out as i have not authorised it.

the price has been put back up to normal now, shame!

Like 0      
30 Jun 2012 6:28 PM by leelussier Star rating in Canada. 4 posts Send private message

In Canada, the advertised price is the price. I'm sure consumer law is very close in Europe and by now you realise that you are the receipient of someone's errror.  Hopefully, they didn't loose too much money on it.

Lucky you.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

This photo says it all - 4 posts
7th Heaven - 2 posts
Maria de Castro (costaluz lawyers) wins my case against el patio - 3 posts
Soft Tub Wanted - 1 posts
La Cala de Mijas Nr Malaga - bilingual school? - 0 posts
HELP - 2 posts
Car hire - 0 posts
Satellite Phone advise wanted - 1 posts
Scrapyard - 3 posts
Caravan wanted: Does anyone know of one in the Costa del Sol area? - 3 posts
Spain or Italy? Come on "La Roja"! - 26 posts
Hyundai ACCENT 1.3 for sale,needs attn,good runner,aircon,etc - 0 posts
Passport size photos - 6 posts
jobs needed in & around marbella in october - 0 posts
how to get rid of wasp's nests - 9 posts
Sky and Spanish TV- Football - 1 posts
1/2 - 1/2 isn't all it's cracked up to be!! - 2 posts
Cost of Living and Teaching in Spain. - 16 posts
Selling a car - 2 posts
Legal tip 796. What to do with my illegal house? - 2 posts
- 0 posts
What's happened to cheap flights - 32 posts
billy - 1 posts
driving licence - 32 posts
Buying New Car - Finance - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x