:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
24 Jun 2012 12:21 PM by barryjw Star rating. 38 posts Send private message

has anyone used this firm, do they do full retrn full tank

are they easy to find in the car park

Like 0      
24 Jun 2012 12:53 PM by andyintorre Star rating in Costa Blanca. 104 posts Send private message

like most firms they will charge you for a full tank, at a price that you could fill up twice for, probably around 110 euro. This is common with spanish rental companies, just another way of ripping off customers. I use Alamo who give you the option of bring the vehicle back full or empty. If you compare end prices including fuel you will find companies that allow you to return full work out cheaper.

Like 0      
24 Jun 2012 1:36 PM by goodwin Star rating. 33 posts Send private message

With regards to car hire why not try the local independent one' like PJ's Rentacar coy's etc where you are not being rip off.

Like 0      
26 Jun 2012 1:35 PM by Foxilady Star rating in surrey. 277 posts Send private message

Foxilady´s avatar

Thanx Goodwin, I jus rang PJ's here in UK and will be booking with them.  Wonderful service on the phone and also I like the fact that they collect you courtesy from airport and take you to where you are staying, where the car will be waiting and the same return, wonderful.  And no hidden extras either.  Seems to be the best I have found so far in Spain.  And, also I don't need to use a credit card either!  So again, thank you soooooooooooo much.

If I shine too brightly, then put your sunglasses on oy vey

Like 0      
27 Jun 2012 10:07 AM by camille Star rating in West Yorkshire & Her.... 121 posts Send private message

camille´s avatar
You won't be disappointed with PJ's. I have used them several times and have always been VERY pleased. Karen took me back to the airport the last time I hired a car with them and she was so warm and friendly, a very pleasant lady. The collection and return to the airport takes all the stress out of the whole car hire business.
Happy holidays :-)

Like 0      
27 Jun 2012 10:47 AM by Foxilady Star rating in surrey. 277 posts Send private message

Foxilady´s avatar

I must admit Camille that was the huge attraction at first for me, being collected and returned to the airport sheer bliss.   And the fact they do automatics so well prices as well, not like the rest of the companies.  And the icing on the cake was the sheer one to one helpfulness and nice friendly attitude on the phone.  This site rocks for this stuff and thanx so much for posting this as it's already made my life a lot easier lol.

Like 0      
27 Jun 2012 11:55 AM by camille Star rating in West Yorkshire & Her.... 121 posts Send private message

camille´s avatar
We have used plenty hire car companies in the last 6 years and been hit with extra insurance costs, over the top petrol charges and one company 'helping themselves' to 300 euros from our credit card ( that took forever to get it back!) We found PJs from this site too and have used them ever since.

Like 0      
27 Jun 2012 12:03 PM by elginger Star rating. 24 posts Send private message

Dont use Goldcar at murcia-they are crooks for petrol,we were an hour over a 3 day rental and charged us 100 euro petrol for 80km.they are slow at the desk too .two weeks ago we hired two vans for the same period drove the same places and returned at the same time one van got refunded the other didnt!! why ? im still trying to get hold of them so if anyone is passing tell them to pick up the phone please

Like 0      
27 Jun 2012 12:09 PM by Foxilady Star rating in surrey. 277 posts Send private message

Foxilady´s avatar

ditto Goldcar.  Used them once and that was enough.  If you don't have a credit card they will take cash as the "extra" insurance that isnt mentioned up front.  I even rang the UK office to make sure that the price online was all inclusive.  I was assured yes it was.  And then we get to the airport and find no it isn'!  I spend over an hour arguing the toss and eventually had to pay up.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

UK Car to spain - 6 posts
Should I transfer my Euros from Spain to Germany - 20 posts
THE SPANISH WAY - 0 posts
bike test - 2 posts
Duquesa & Manilva - 1 posts
Interest on bank guaranteed deposits - 23 posts
hose pipe ban malaga - 3 posts
Thank you Dickmanns for realising we were telling the truth - 0 posts
Mortgages and return to the peseta - 62 posts
Where to go off road with my Quad - 3 posts
Replacement Electricity Meters - 5 posts
healthcare - 2 posts
Importing a car from Switzerland - 0 posts
ADSL Broadband options - Sign up online? - 2 posts
Royal British Legion - 1 posts
Info on Finestrat (nr Benidorm) please! - 7 posts
Will an integrated Freeview TV work with Sky dish in Marbella? - 2 posts
TOURISTS OR EXPATS BEING RIPPED OFF - 33 posts
cameras - 0 posts
Car boots in spain - 3 posts
San Pedro Tunnel - 9 posts
Looking for quality mechanics hand tools. - 3 posts
Help me! Travel to Spain - 0 posts
The best beautiful place in Spain - 5 posts
England v Italy - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x