Will an integrated Freeview TV work with Sky dish in Marbella?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
22 Jun 2012 11:22 AM by arambol Star rating. 16 posts Send private message

I have a Smasung TV with built in Freesat connected to my Sky dish, so I don't need a digi box. It's a very neat solution. 

However there aren't many integrated Freesat TV's on the market. They are mainly built in Freeview.

I now need a smaller TV for the bedroom and would like to avoid having a sky box but the smaller TV's are all Freeview.

If I plugged my sky dish cable directly into an integrated Freeview TV would it pick up the Freeview (or Freesat channels)?

Many thanks

Like 0      
22 Jun 2012 11:46 AM by inspectahomespain Star rating in Orihuela Costa, Spai.... 2417 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

Freeview and Freesat are 2 totally different systems as Freeview uses a standard type TV aerial for it's signal and not a satelitte dish.

Freeview is really not more than a TDT receiver so in Spain if you plugged it into a standard aerial you would received the Spanish free to air TDT channels, including LA1, LA2 etc,

In order to connect the TV to Freesat or free to air sat channels you would need a seperate box 

Like 0      
22 Jun 2012 11:53 AM by arambol Star rating. 16 posts Send private message

Ok, thank you.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

TOURISTS OR EXPATS BEING RIPPED OFF - 33 posts
cameras - 0 posts
Car boots in spain - 3 posts
San Pedro Tunnel - 9 posts
Looking for quality mechanics hand tools. - 3 posts
Help me! Travel to Spain - 0 posts
The best beautiful place in Spain - 5 posts
England v Italy - 0 posts
Car hire no petrol charge - 6 posts
“Don’t let a lost passport ruin your holiday!” New video clip for use on news and community websites launched by British Consulates - 3 posts
Corvera Airport - 10 posts
CAR HIRE COMPANY bSAFECARHIRE ANYONE ?? - 4 posts
- 0 posts
- 0 posts
builders supply water and electric - 8 posts
TRAIN BENIDORM TO CARTAGENA ? - 0 posts
Sportal - 0 posts
Paying off an existing mortgage - 54 posts
Mobile broadband - 1 posts
If any interest for cheap barcelona restaurants.. - 1 posts
VAT on consumables? - 3 posts
POUNDLAND / 99P SHOP - 10 posts
Newbie to the Forum - 0 posts
MODERN AND TRANSPARENT JUSTICE IN SPAIN - 0 posts
Ideas for nice towns within an hour of Alicante Airport? - 21 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x