healthcare

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
23 Jun 2012 9:02 AM by Hz Star rating in lincolnshire. 32 posts Send private message

Can anyone help I am confused what kind of state healthcare am I entitled to when living in spain when not retirement age and not working. also my relative who is retirement age is coming she can get a S1 form  I believe, and i read something that if you live with them or they with you you can claim alongside them, or should i say as part of their card am I correct

Like 0      
26 Jun 2012 4:34 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

Hz-does this mean you have decided to bring your mother to Spain? Yes, you can "piggy back" on her entitlement(unless rules have changed) but if your mother dies, you are left without free care. if you are working, in Spain then you would have to pay a large chunk of your earnings to Social Security-this would ensure your health care, but if you stop working then you have a problem. I remember that you used to be able to get free care for two years if you are nearing retirement age. I cannot understand why you don't just telephone the DWP and get information from the "horses mouth". That way, you won't be confused by the varying opinions and conflicting information of others. Surely it is wiser to get all your information together first, before even contemplationg such a huge step?

Like 0      
26 Jun 2012 4:43 PM by Hz Star rating in lincolnshire. 32 posts Send private message

yes have done quite a bit of research contacted British embassy, DWP international  and age concern in Chiclana have had some vey helpful and suseful messages from people on the forum thanks to you all also my estate agent in spain has been very helful too, also have been told of an English speaking woman in Cadiz who can help with getting mum her medication. and also help with respite etc from age concern. and also a funeral plan for repatriation. so collating info at the moment.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Importing a car from Switzerland - 0 posts
ADSL Broadband options - Sign up online? - 2 posts
Royal British Legion - 1 posts
Info on Finestrat (nr Benidorm) please! - 7 posts
Will an integrated Freeview TV work with Sky dish in Marbella? - 2 posts
TOURISTS OR EXPATS BEING RIPPED OFF - 33 posts
cameras - 0 posts
Car boots in spain - 3 posts
San Pedro Tunnel - 9 posts
Looking for quality mechanics hand tools. - 3 posts
Help me! Travel to Spain - 0 posts
The best beautiful place in Spain - 5 posts
England v Italy - 0 posts
Car hire no petrol charge - 6 posts
“Don’t let a lost passport ruin your holiday!” New video clip for use on news and community websites launched by British Consulates - 3 posts
Corvera Airport - 10 posts
CAR HIRE COMPANY bSAFECARHIRE ANYONE ?? - 4 posts
- 0 posts
- 0 posts
builders supply water and electric - 8 posts
TRAIN BENIDORM TO CARTAGENA ? - 0 posts
Sportal - 0 posts
Paying off an existing mortgage - 54 posts
Mobile broadband - 1 posts
If any interest for cheap barcelona restaurants.. - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x