How Are Things in Your Area?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 Jun 2012 12:29 AM by DonLochnagar Star rating in Mazarron. 161 posts Send private message

If you can't eat here for €150 per week, you've got a problem or are shopping in the wrong places!

Like 0      
12 Jun 2012 9:35 AM by D_B_S Star rating. 178 posts Send private message

What the hell does the price of a Supermarket trolley have with "How are things in Your area?"

David

Like 0      
12 Jun 2012 11:50 AM by normansands Star rating in Kent. 1281 posts Send private message

now now, some of us have to eat at home you know!!!

Like 0      
12 Jun 2012 1:19 PM by Julianx Star rating in Spain. 61 posts Send private message

Just saw a bar in a busy tourist area of CDS offering a coffee and a bsicuit for 0.90€   Beat that in UK !

Like 0      
12 Jun 2012 4:04 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

Where did the figure of 150 euros come from? we spend 70-100 euros a week, for a normal shop for two of us. My daughter spends about 100 per week in Tescos for four people, does not get lots of ready meals, buys plenty of fresh fruit, veg etc.

Like 0      
12 Jun 2012 4:33 PM by DonLochnagar Star rating in Mazarron. 161 posts Send private message

I was including 'menu del dias' and drinks!

Like 0      
12 Jun 2012 5:02 PM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 803 posts Send private message

quote camposol " we spend 70-100 euros a week, for a normal shop for two of us".

Wow !! That much !!. I need spend only 180 euros a MONTH for 2  to eat well on fresh salmon fillets and steak plus many other such foods.  However we don´t drink alcohol or buy ready packaged meals which undoubtably can boost the supermarket bill considerably.

Like 0      
12 Jun 2012 11:47 PM by DonLochnagar Star rating in Mazarron. 161 posts Send private message

There are some Moroccans here who raid the bins and never spend any more than €15 PER MONTH!

Like 0      
13 Jun 2012 11:37 AM by REIDPJ Star rating. 239 posts Send private message

'15€ a month!!!!!!!!!!!!!' 

Spendthrifts!!!!!!!!!!  I've always said that you lot down the port have more money than sense..............................

Like 0      
13 Jun 2012 7:42 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

I think this thread is in danger of turning into the Monty Python "hole in the road" sketch! it's not a competition. Most of us shop in supermarkets used by many nationalities.There's not much point comparing shopping bills-not all items are food, and in between shopping expeditions we all top up.There seems to be a sort of snobbery about only shopping in Spanish supermarkets, and buying every thing fresh.Well, i'm surprised at some of the prices, not always lower than Brit shops, and certainly not as much choice, and if we want to cheat and buy something easy,( and many of us do) especially in this weather, when we'd rather flop than cook, then why not? why should anyone feel superior cooking everything from scratch?

Like 0      
13 Jun 2012 9:38 PM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 803 posts Send private message

Camposol the Spanish supermarkets in Lorca have as many of products we are used to in UK. Difference being they are not always packaged the same consequently we can miss them.

Apart from the fact that ready meals are, pro rata, very expensive , what is snobbish about not buying them !!    I never bought them in UK  because I didn´t like them but each to their own and I certainly wouldn´t  call a cheat anyone who does. 

I  don´t spend  loads of time, even in winter, cooking and when the weather this hot then we have salads.....obviously the ingedients  have to be fresh....with forementioned salmon ( cookable in microwave in a few mins)  or similar quick and easy to cook meats.  Preparing a meal in  the same time as to microwave a ready made product, hardly makes one a superior cook !!

But to get back to the question from OP . It seems living in a holiday hotspot or where there are many holiday homes then crime appears more noticable. 

Like 0      
30 Aug 2012 2:00 PM by Star rating. 0 posts

In most areas in Australia you will be delivered a physical directory that lists everything local such as businesses and government services. This local directory is really handy when you want to find a local tradesman or service.

Local directories can also be found online that will assist you in finding many of your local amenities, along with contact details listed. Some websites are easier to navigate than others.

Often if you just punch in your new postcode you will come up with a personalised local directory of all the local businesses that are online.

Like 0      
30 Aug 2012 2:08 PM by Abyss_Rover Star rating in Mallorca. 72 posts Send private message

Very useful

www.finditfme.com The new, advanced way to find what you are looking for.

Like 0      
06 Mar 2014 1:34 PM by Susanspain Star rating in Mijas, Malaga. 145 posts Send private message

Susanspain´s avatar

Maybe this thread is a bit old, but here we go. 

I moved to Spain permanantly in 2000. I mostly lived/worked in/near the Costa del Sol. (In the holiday trade.)

There was always robberies and thefts especially in the summer time. (They would target holiday rentals and cars.)

This has not changed.

I then moved a little inland, and preferred it - at first. But of late we have been talking about a (n official!) Neighbour Hood Watch Scheme - as the robberies have increased, the police seem to have little 

Like 0      
06 Mar 2014 5:43 PM by kernaghan Star rating. 20 posts Send private message

I can't believe that in 2012 people found difficulties in Spain, we travel twice a year in the off season to Spain for 3 months and have been doing this for the last 5 years. We have never experienced any trouble, our dollar has decreased in the last 6 months though it doesn't make a lot of difference as the airfares are good and compared to Sydney we are miles better off, we rent our apartment for $2000 per month and pay 300euros in Spain, we hire a car for 9euros a day and are way in front.

Like 0      
26 Jan 2020 8:31 PM by HATARASI Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

the airfares are good and compared to Sydney we are miles better off, we rent our apartment for $2000 per month and pay 300euros in Spain, we hire a car for 9euros a day and are way in front.

Like 0      
27 Jan 2020 8:51 AM by Jarvi Star rating in Halifax UK and Sucin.... 757 posts Send private message

Reported to Admin - Advertising

Like 0      
21 Apr 2024 12:39 PM by lawleitl22 Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

currently living in the Capital. but the last area was a real mess cuz of the traffic

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Interior decorating costs? - 6 posts
- 0 posts
COSTA LUZ LAWYERS DID IT AGAIN! - 3 posts
Unlocked Mobile Phones - 2 posts
internet help - 4 posts
Hello from barcelona - 2 posts
How to find out which company has brought the unsold apartments at auction. - 12 posts
New "kid on the block" - 4 posts
moving my mother to spain - 39 posts
transferring money - 30 posts
3% Tax? - 27 posts
WANTED: 4 Bed Long Term Property to Rent (1-3 years) Maybe Rent To Buy - 1 posts
Summer again!! - 0 posts
LOOKING FOR A RELIABLE 4 X 4 MECHANIC - 2 posts
Europocar hidden extras? - 6 posts
London Olympics good for Spain - 1 posts
Stray dog problems - 2 posts
Applications for mortgages in Spain. - 0 posts
UK Prescriptions - 1 posts
Is there a statute of limitations for the seller registering the sale of property? - 0 posts
Aquagest will not connect us as new owners - 6 posts
Driving with a UK driving licence in Spain? - 6 posts
Disabled Badge - 4 posts
WHALE WATCHING in Tarifa - 0 posts
LOOKING FOR A RELIABLE FOUR WHEEL DRIVE MECHANIC? - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 59

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x