This will warm the cockles of your heart - yum!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
08 Nov 2011 12:00 AM by Victoria Twead Star rating in Andalucia. 89 posts Send private message

Victoria Twead´s avatar

A lovely winter warmer:

Pumpkin and Pancetta Soup

Serves 4

1kg pumpkin, peeled and chopped

1 garlic clove, crushed

1 onion, diced

2 potatoes, cubed

500 mls chicken stock

250ml cream

200g cured pancetta or bacon bits

Cracked black pepper

Olive oil

Method

In a pan, cook the onion and garlic until the onion becomes translucent.

Add the pumpkin and potatoes and cook for 5 minutes.

Add stock and simmer for 15 minutes.

Meanwhile, dice the pancetta or bacon bits, lightly fry in another pan until crispy and golden brown.

Blend the soup in the pan using a hand blender.

Add cream and cracked peppercorns and mix well.

Serve up the soup and sprinkle very generously with the fried pancetta or bacon bits.

Enjoy with fresh crusty bread. 

Serves 4

Joe and I love this recipe - highly recommended!

Victoria :)

Chicken wrangler and NYT bestselling author of 'Chickens, Mules & Two Old Fools' and the Old Fools series. 

Like 0      
09 Nov 2011 3:55 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

09 Nov 2011 6:21 PM by Sten46 Star rating in Hatton, Derbyshire &.... 243 posts Send private message

Or how about agreat Christmas cake receipe:-

Ingredients: 

* 2 cups flour 
* 1 stick butter 
* 1 cup of water 
* 1 tsp baking  soda 
* 1 cup of  sugar 
* 1 tsp  salt 
* 1 cup of  brown sugar 
*  Lemon juice 
* 4  large eggs 

*  Nuts 
* 2  bottle wine 
* 2  cups of dried fruit 

Sample the wine to  check quality. Take a large bowl, check the wine again. To be sure  it is of the highest quality, pour one level cup and drink. Repeat.  Turn on the electric mixer. Beat one cup of butter in a large fluffy  bowl. Add one teaspoon of sugar. Beat again. At this point it's best  to make sure the wine is still OK. Try another cup... Just in case.  Turn off the mixerer thingy. Break 2 eggs and add to the bowl and  chuck in the cup of dried fruit. 

Pick the frigging  fruit up off floor. Mix on the turner.. If the fried druit gets  stuck in the beaterers just pry it loose with a drewscriver. Sample  the wine to check for tonsisticity. Next, sift two cups of salt. Or  something. Check the wine. Now shift the lemon juice and strain your  nuts. Add one table. Add a spoon of sugar, or some fink. Whatever  you can find. Greash the oven. Turn the cake tin 360 degrees and try  not to fall over. Don't forget to beat off the turner. Finally,  throw the bowl through the window. Finish the wine and wipe counter  with the cat.
Go to  Tesco and buy cake. 

Bingle  Jells!

Shteeve - Hic!

Steve.

Like 0      
09 Nov 2011 8:23 PM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

I´m going to be making this tomorrow!!!!

Like 0      
10 Nov 2011 12:19 PM by Victoria Twead Star rating in Andalucia. 89 posts Send private message

Victoria Twead´s avatar

Haha, Shteeve! Rove the lecipe. 

Victoria 

Chicken wrangler and NYT bestselling author of 'Chickens, Mules & Two Old Fools' and the Old Fools series. 

Like 0      
10 Nov 2011 6:15 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

He he...will be trying that one soon too Steve

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
12 Nov 2011 7:13 PM by freddie06 Star rating in Ireland. 21 posts Send private message

Can you make this soup with something other than pumkin, can't find any pumkin on sale here in Ireland.

Like 0      
12 Nov 2011 8:19 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

Would think butternut squash will replace the pumpkin quite well - give it a try!

Like 0      
13 Nov 2011 2:59 PM by Victoria Twead Star rating in Andalucia. 89 posts Send private message

Victoria Twead´s avatar

@Freddie06  I agree with Pitby - I think butternut squash would be a good substitute. Let us know if you try it.

Victoria  

Like 0      
13 Nov 2011 7:21 PM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

I have a huge butternut squash in the fridge, will try this tomorrow and let you know what it was like.

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      
14 Nov 2011 10:57 AM by Victoria Twead Star rating in Andalucia. 89 posts Send private message

Victoria Twead´s avatar

Thanks Maureen - I'll be interested to hear how you got on.

Victoria

Like 0      
14 Nov 2011 3:26 PM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

Just made it and it's fab, only changes I made was I dried fried the onion and garlic as I am on a diet, didn't put the pancetta in as would have had to go out and get some but will next time. Also no bread with it as I don't eat wheat when dieting.

Dennis loves it.

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      
23 Nov 2011 4:01 PM by freddie06 Star rating in Ireland. 21 posts Send private message

Just delicious,

Like 0      
23 Nov 2011 4:47 PM by Victoria Twead Star rating in Andalucia. 89 posts Send private message

Victoria Twead´s avatar

Oh good! Glad it turned out well! I'm knee-deep in recipes for my next book at the moment, so any requests? Chicken? Meat? Fish? Veg? Drinks? (Ooops, all seem to be alcoholic...) We'll ignore the barbecue recipes for the moment, bit too chilly.

Victoria  :)

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

--CAR WANTED-- - 0 posts
Jet 2 - 3 posts
AutoCaravans - 5 posts
Wanted reliable cleaner and key holder needed for 4 privately owned apartments in Guardamar Del Segura - 5 posts
TechnoApe - 10 posts
Taking the builder to court. - 4 posts
English speaking dentists Malaga or Granada area. - 8 posts
Hello, Advice needed please on purchasing a coastal apartment in the Murcia area - 28 posts
Driving lessons in english - 0 posts
Outstanding Loan on Vehicle - 0 posts
Murcia Appeal Courts for Bank liability for deposits refund - 3 posts
community pool rules - 3 posts
La Marmitas Fuengirola - 0 posts
English speaking lawyer - 0 posts
registered online with aquagest - now how do I get my facturas - 0 posts
Christmas e greeting ... - 4 posts
cannot register online with aquagest levante - 1 posts
Towing a mini digger from UK to Spain - 7 posts
tax iva - 2 posts
cost saving tip when booking flights with the budget airlines - 0 posts
Aer Lingus - 0 posts
How do I find my old posts? and why do I not get email notifications? - 5 posts
Aquagest Estepona - 0 posts
Only have Spanish TV ...But... - 5 posts
Legality for Community AGM's/EGM's - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 14

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x