EasyJet info

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
06 Aug 2007 9:56 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Yes, Tina, you are permitted unlimited liquids in your hold baggage, just not things like bleach &, if you take a gas refill for your heated tongs, it must be actually fitted & not taken as a spare.It doesn't say that below but that's what we've always been told by many airlines. 

The following dangerous articles are not permitted in baggage whether cabin or hold baggage:

• Gas cylinders. Deeply refrigerated flammable, non-flammable, and poisonous gases such as butane, oxygen, propane, and aqualung cylinders. Includes butane gas (eg for use with heated hair appliances) camping gas, and chef's blow torches
  • Flammable liquids and solids such as lighter or heater fuels, paint, and matches (except one box of matches or one refillable cigarette lighter as provided below). Please note that passengers may only carry on their person one box of safety matches or one refillable cigarette lighter. These must be carried on the person and are NOT permitted in cabin baggage or in hold baggage. Disposable lighters are NOT permitted.
  • Poisons such as insecticides, weed killers, arsenic, and cyanide.
  • Radioactive material, oxidising materials, and organic peroxides such as bleaches and fibreglass repair kits.
  • Firearms and explosives. Handguns, automatic weapons, munitions, ammunitions including blank cartridges, pistol caps, fireworks, flares, smoke canisters, and crackers. Note: As an exception, sporting/competition firearms and a maximum of 5kgs of ammunition (UN0012 or UN0014) may be carried in hold luggage with appropriate paperwork, subject to available space, if declared at check-in and securely boxed or packaged. Please note ammunition must be packed as part of passenger hold baggage and separated from firearms. Passengers checking in firearms must check in at least 90 minutes prior to the scheduled time of departure. (see note 1 above).
  • Infectious substances such as bacteria and viruses.
  • Corrosives such as mercury, acids, alkalis, and wet-cell batteries.

Like 0      
06 Aug 2007 1:29 PM by tinasolera Star rating in Murcia. 801 posts Send private message

tinasolera´s avatar

Thanks for that. Just wanted to be extra sure.

.......... me in a week!!!!!

www.galgosdelsol.es

Like 0      
06 Aug 2007 2:47 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

I have had a reply from Easyjet.

The new baggage regulations came into force from 3 August, any flights booked before this date are able to take 1 piece of luggage free of charge even if flying after 1 October.

You can take more than one piece at a charge of £2 per item and as long as you do not exceed the 20kg limit there will be no extra charge.  A slight difference as before it was 1 free and £5 for each individual item.

You also need to pay the baggage fee both ways, whether you can pay just one way remains to be seen.  Personally on some journeys I might be able to just go out with cabin baggage but on the return I would need to check in a bag.

Hopefully they will include this information on their Q&A page as I'm sure we will not be the only one's getting confused.

Like 0      
16 Aug 2007 2:34 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Yes it's on semijubilada

On front page at bottom it says Latest news  Click on that & it says (scroll down)

EasyJet, Europe’s leading low-fares airline, today announced a change to its baggage policy. Click on that & it says

EasyJet simplifies baggage procedures
EasyJet, Europe’s leading low-fares airline, today announced a change to its baggage policy.

The airline is seeking to reduce the number of passengers who travel with checked-in bags by rewarding those who choose to pack smarter and travel lighter.

From today, Friday 3rd August 2007, new reservations for travel from 1st October 2007 onwards will be subject to a fee for each piece of hold baggage of £2* per flight sector, up to the maximum total hold baggage weight per passenger of 20kg, which is unchanged. This replaces the previous policy where the first hold bag was free but subsequent bags were charged at £5 per item.

EasyJet passengers will still be able to take advantage of one of Europe’s most generous hand baggage allowances – with a free carry-on bag policy of up to 55cm x 40cm x 20cm with no weight restriction.

Fewer checked-in bags can help to improve the operational performance of airports and to attribute the appropriate cost to those passengers who require the service of checked-in baggage. Fewer bags will also play a part in reducing the environmental impact of aviation and in the long-term could lead to airports needing simpler and cheaper baggage facilities.

Andy Harrison, easyJet Chief Executive said:

“It’s about getting people to pack smarter, travel lighter and travel cheaper.”

Like 0      
16 Aug 2007 9:34 AM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

That information should have been on the site on the day the change came into operation, still better late than never. 

I wonder what would happen if everyone took the stated cabin baggage, is there enough room in the overhead lockers for everyone's case on a full flight.  I'm often amazed by the size of bags that people think will go inside.  One man was trying to put a full sized holdall in which should have been checked in, the stewardess had to take it off him and she nearly collapsed with the weight of it.

I'll always have to pay for baggage, there's always something I want to take out and I also have a full case of things to bring back.  Can't resist the shoes out there and normally find a bargain which I can't resist

Last year I tried to add another piece of luggage near to my flight date and it kept coming up with £10 as a price, this I found confusing so I cancelled but now I realise that EasyJet charge for what is on the booking.  If you have booked a return flight then it automatically adds the extra bag charge to that too.

Like 0      
16 Aug 2007 12:56 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

I must admit the bags we take into the cabin were freebies from a mail order catalogue & are orange, just like EasyJet's colours. We have measured them & they are within stated size & hold loads. If we go for a few days we only travel light, that is unless I have started buying the occasional item then another then another so then we have to take a case.

We've seen, like semi has, people taking the biggest carry on luggage. We saw one young Spanish woman with a huge holdall & she needed help to hoist it up into the overhead locker. In fact the crew were thumping & banging it as it did not want to cooperate, it was so much larger than the allowance !  I recall, & I wish now I'd thought to print it as it was hilarious, when EasyJet put on their site that they'd increased the carry on baggage size & mentioned the weight being unlimited within reason, it actually said if you can, without help, lift your hand baggage up into the overhead locker without giving yourself a hernia, we'll accept it. Anyone else remember seeing that ?

At least, with forums, we get to hear much that we wouldn't otherwise.

Like 0      
16 Aug 2007 1:57 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

Yes, Morerosado, I have seen that message too. I first saw it at Alicante airport on a notice in front of the check in desks.

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
16 Aug 2007 3:49 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

when EasyJet put on their site that they'd increased the carry on baggage size & mentioned the weight being unlimited within reason, it actually said if you can, without help, lift your hand baggage up into the overhead locker without giving yourself a hernia, we'll accept it. Anyone else remember seeing that ?

It was at Murcia airport in July too as I remember commenting to my Wife about it.

Mark.

Like 0      
21 Aug 2007 12:50 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Everyone's a winner with easyJetHolidays

Back by popular demand, we're giving away over £1 million in holiday discounts on our Wheel of Deals.

For 24 hours from the morning of Tuesday 21st August, the wheel will spin every hour to reveal a new discount offer. The discount is limited and is only valid for one hour, so you've got to be quick!

You could save up to £1000, or get a discount from 5% to 20% off the total cost of any holiday.

Like 0      
21 Aug 2007 5:07 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Just in from EasyJet

Latest news

easyJet to launch 46 NEW routes this winter

21 August 2007
easyJet to launch 46 NEW routes this winter
Including two new routes East Midlands to Palma and London Luton to Hamburg easyJet, Europe's leading low-fares airline, today announced it would launch a further two NEW routes this winter, connecting East Midlands with Palma (Mallorca) and London Luton with Hamburg, bringing the total number of new routes to be launched by the airline this winter to 46 and representing a growth of 14% year on year.

Anyone want to read the EasyJet inflight magazine online ?

easyJet inflight magazine

This message was last edited by morerosado on 8/21/2007.

Like 0      
28 Aug 2007 10:36 AM by mumisno1 Star rating in Bury Lancashire and .... 5 posts Send private message

Recently we flew to Alicante and as we have just purchased a property we needed to take additional luggage.  I queried the £5 online charge stated which became £10 when we tried to book.  The easyjet reply was that it was £5 each way.  Having cleared that up we arrived at the airport with an additional bag containing 20Kg of luggage only to be told that the additional bag did not mean we had any additional weight allowance and we were asked to pay an excess baggage charge of £66.  We kept hearing of other people who had been caught out this way.  On returning home I checked the easyjet website and nowhere could I see anything that stated the extra bag was for volume and not weight.  I was so annoyed about this and promptly sent an email to BBC watchdog and visited my local trading standards office to ask for their help (as yet I have heard nothing).  However, I notice that the easyjet website has been updated and it is now clearer with regard to luggage.  I just wonder how many other people have had to pay excess baggage charges through no fault of their own? 

Like 0      
28 Aug 2007 12:08 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

From what I've been reading a lot of people have been caught out so maybe that's why they have amended the website.

As I've been travelling back and forth for 4 years loaded up like a preverbial pack horse so I knew that when they changed the baggage policy to one free bag only and a fee for each individual bag it still mustn't exceed the 20 kg limit.

Previously on flights I've taken over a flatpack bookcase and a small bag containing the remaining 9 kgs.  I became an expert on what I could or couldn't get out to Spain.  My first trip I took my husbands golf bag packed with curtain poles and bedding, made the guys in oversize screening laugh.

Then golf bags were free up to a certain size, I was over in the combined weight with my suitcase but it was worth it to get it all over in one go.

They charge now but it might be worth paying the charge and using the allowance to get items out.  You'd have to do your sums to see what excess baggage would cost compared to the sports allowance charge.  Also you'd need to use either a bag or if you go into a golf shop they may have a empty box which could be used like a golf trolley box.

Like 0      
28 Aug 2007 12:09 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi mumisno1

"I just wonder how many other people have had to pay excess baggage charges through no fault of their own? "

We have travelled regularly to both Alicante & Murcia from Bristol on EasyJet for three years now & I'm forever checking their website &, of course, reading of any problems on forums. 

I can honestly say that all I have ever read was that each adult has a FREE allowance of UP TO 20kg. The extra charge basically, from what I understand, is just for their "inconvenience" of having another bag to look after.

I'm surprized they only charged you £66 as it is £5/kg charge for each kg over the 20kg so it should've been 20 x £5 = £100 Maybe they weighed two bags together & the other was under your 20kg allowance, I don't know. I find it amazing you seriously believed though that you could take a further 20kg per person just by paying £5 per flight. If you could I've seriously missed out !

The EasyJet website has recently been updated to show the charge of £2 per checked in bag for travel on or after 1st October IF you booked on or after 3rd August. Maybe they made the other info clearer but I always understood previous info.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 8/28/2007.

Like 0      
28 Aug 2007 12:11 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
 Semi

Like 0      
28 Aug 2007 1:01 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

I should add that I did look into sending stuff over by carrier but found the charges confusing.  Couldn't get my head around the cubic capacity to work out how much it was going to cost.  So as I no longer work I booked loads of cheap flights and became the Queen of baggage allowances.

Just remembered that there is a service where you can send a 28kg suitcase by courier service for around £30, someone on that other site used it and it worked out ok.  May not be suitable for people who are just moving into their homes as the courier may have difficulty finding it but will do a search and post details later.

Like 0      
28 Aug 2007 1:18 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

http://www.parcel2go.com/ it is Semi, I spoke of it on here somewhere.

European Delivery Services

Euro Parcel Delivery Up to 10kg £19.99 + vat - DHL
Euro Parcel Delivery Up to 25kg £26.99 + vat - DHL

Click on blue links to take you to the relevant page of website.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 8/28/2007.

Like 0      
28 Aug 2007 1:45 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

Well done Mor, just given up searching on other site and then found you had given information here.  I think it's the first one listed I was thinking about, definately not DHL they seem to have a bad reputation in Spain.  This is not a personal experience just what I've read on forums.

Like 0      
28 Aug 2007 1:51 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
All taken from the http://www.parcel2go.com/  site, Semi. I know that John & Trish who post here (under JPD) sent a tool chest over & it was damaged but they didn't say anything, they were just happy to get John's tools to Spain.

Like 0      
28 Aug 2007 3:58 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

Shame it arrived damaged but at least it got there.  I've kept a newspaper cutting about getting luggage over to Spain for whenever we make a final decision about where we want to live when DH finally makes a decision about quitting work.

We would still like to go on our annual trip to Florida and when I saw this articule in paper I thought it would be the ideal solution for bringing all the bargains out to Spain if we don't keep a base in UK.

Like 0      
28 Aug 2007 4:34 PM by mumisno1 Star rating in Bury Lancashire and .... 5 posts Send private message

Thanks to all for the helpful advice.  The golf bag idea is quite a novel way of packing things.  I'm sure I'll be able to find a spare one in our house somewhere as my son seems to be always replacing this sort of stuff. 

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Aifos developers - 16 posts
Marina Dor - Serving a DENOUCE - Help please - 1 posts
Buying off plan - 13 posts
eyeonground? - 2 posts
Are they deaf - 1 posts
Occupied Homes to be Demolished - 6 posts
Direct pension payment - 7 posts
Merry Xmas - 4 posts
Sylvia (The Forge) - 0 posts
Gill - 2 posts
Finally a Urban Plan is submited for aproval by Marbella Town Hall - 2 posts
New Legislationfrom the EU - 26 posts
Townhouse in Mijas near the racecourse - 2 posts
LAWYER COMPLAINTS - 6 posts
Advertise your Tamaragua Villa for free - 4 posts
Buying Furniture in Spain - 16 posts
Euro Select Estates - 0 posts
photos - 2 posts
renaults for sale - 2 posts
Need long term rental in Los Gazules or near International school.Help anyone! - 0 posts
Statutory charges - 3 posts
lookin for chris and denise dockerty - 4 posts
Kliney - 2 posts
Recaliming 5% property tax - 4 posts
new grills compulsory on new builds? - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 70

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x