No furniture and no refund

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
31 Aug 2011 12:00 AM by jackt Star rating. 41 posts Send private message

I live in La Cala de Mijas on the costa del sol. Near to us is a furniture shop called "Snr Nicks". I recently paid cash for a bed base and have a receipt. To date I have no bed nor a refund despite many phone calls. The shop is now empty of stock and no indication if they

have moved or gone out of business. I have been told that apparently there is another branch on the costa del sol but I can`t locate them. Does anyone know if there is a branch near you. Thank Jack.

Like 0      
01 Sep 2011 10:21 PM by gwm Star rating in Pizarra. 139 posts Send private message

There is or was a Snr Nick. on the road between San Pedro and Estepona, nearer to San Pedro few minutes past the Benahavis turning.

Like 0      
01 Sep 2011 10:57 PM by jackt Star rating. 41 posts Send private message

Hi Gwm, thanks for that I shall go and have a look. ...Regards Jack

Like 0      
01 Sep 2011 11:33 PM by gwm Star rating in Pizarra. 139 posts Send private message

Just had another look... type  snr nicks estepona  into Google and it comes up with an article from Manilvalife.com mentions all shops closed except the one I mentioned, think the article was dated June.

Like 0      
02 Sep 2011 10:38 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Yes, there was definitely one near the Benahavis turn off.  But not sure if it's still there.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
02 Sep 2011 11:31 AM by DMS Star rating in Spain. 27 posts Send private message

DMS´s avatar

I know it's a bit late for this purchase, but I have learnt over the years that if you buy something in a shop and have to have it delivered, it's always wise to pay in cash when it arrives. That way you can make sure it's in good condition and it usually means that they are keener to deliver it as they want the dosh! I hope you find them and either get your bed base or the money back, good luck.

Like 0      
02 Sep 2011 1:18 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

You might try making a Denuncia (crime report) alleging fraud. 

You can make the report on 902 102 112 ask for English when you get through (its a 24/7 service). 

They will probably tell you if it is a crime or a civil debt.

If they take the details, you will need to tell them which National Police Station you wish to sign it at, then do so within 48.

Don't forget to take your Original Residencia, if it is still valid, if not then you Original passport.

Like 0      
02 Sep 2011 2:27 PM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

If you have to pay a deposit becuase they have to order it in then I would suggest using a VISA card and then making a claim off VISA if goods don't arrive.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Sales Consultants required for immediate start - 0 posts
Child friendly - 1 posts
aledo murcia - 1 posts
Phone Cards - 4 posts
going through the euro tunnel - 8 posts
Iglesias Associates - Lawyers in Fuengirola/Alhaurin el Grande - 0 posts
injury in spain - 3 posts
Take your Solicitor (Abogado) to court. - 69 posts
who wants a top sat nav? - 2 posts
Furniture Pack - 0 posts
A BIG THANK YOU! - 4 posts
Buy or rent? - 10 posts
Broken aircon controller - 0 posts
Residence in Spain - 20 posts
Spanish Wills - 0 posts
Another horror story - 0 posts
seapea - 3 posts
Cristina - 0 posts
Empty Orange Gas Bottles - 8 posts
Going to University - 10 posts
Burglar/Intruder alarm Systems. - 1 posts
Presentation program of autumn activities- Last Resort Manilva - 0 posts
AT LAST I CAN FLY FROM SOUTHEND AIRPORT - 5 posts
Setting up Sunday League Football Club in Granada, interested? - 0 posts
NIE numbers - 14 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x