Leeds Bradford airport introduces £2 drop off fee.

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
24 May 2011 12:00 AM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

According to the Yorkshire Evening Post, Leeds Bradford airport is to introduce a £2 fee to every vehcile entering the drop off area at the airport. The first 10 minutes used to be free, I may be looking to fly from elsewhere in future.

Mark

Like 0      
24 May 2011 5:56 PM by Comanche Star rating in Islas Canarias. 13 posts Send private message

According to my info

Bristol are charging 1.00 Pound

Bournemouth are charging 3.00 pounds.

Got to make money of the punters somehow

C

Like 0      
24 May 2011 9:48 PM by conrad Star rating in Milton Keynes and Dr.... 298 posts Send private message

conrad´s avatar

Bristol is first 10 minutes free if you use the drop off/pick up point

Like 0      
24 May 2011 10:11 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Conrad, we were taken to Bristol airport on May 10th by taxi & the driver told us that Bristol are going to make everyone pay to use the dropoff in future.

Like 0      
24 May 2011 10:17 PM by conrad Star rating in Milton Keynes and Dr.... 298 posts Send private message

conrad´s avatar

Ah right thought they would be getting enough from there £2 fee for the trolleys. Oh well better use my contacts in the catering company that runs the outlets to use the delivery area.

I see that they have made a free 10 minute one over by long stay past the hire car drop off/pick up

This message was last edited by conrad on 24/05/2011.

Like 0      
24 May 2011 10:29 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Only £1 for a trolley when we last looked but we have hard suitcases on four wheels making it so easy to just push along without dragging one on two wheels plus our carry on cases have two wheels so we never use a trolley. They may have doubled it without us knowing though I'm surprized I've not heard about that. Often at Bristol, as there's no incentive to return trolleys, we often see them waiting for someone to use them free.

Like 0      
25 May 2011 11:57 AM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

So I complained to LBIA and got the following:

Up to 60 minutes is now available free of charge to all users. This free parking facility is located in Long Stay Car Parks 1 and 2 and allows ample time to pick up and drop off passengers at no charge. The launch of the new scheme follows the introduction of similar initiatives at other UK airports.

For those wishing to park closer to the terminal, the new Terminal Front Car Park has a minimum charge of £2.00 for up to 30 minutes. Under the previous scheme this was priced at £4 for 30 minutes.

The Terminal Front car park will offer the most convenient and closest car park to the terminal for picking up or dropping off travellers, located just 60 metres from the terminal entrance.

To speed up the parking process we have introduced a ticketless system using car number plate recognition which will calculate charges based on the length of stay. Passengers simply pay at the exit barrier by coins or credit/debit card. No additional charges are incurred for using credit or debit cards in this Car Park.

We will continue to review signage and website information to ensure that all users are aware of the most cost-effective Car Park for their intended length of stay.

Well, it isn't a "new" terminal front car park, just the existing drop off/ pick up area for starers. You nw have to take a bus ride from the terminal to the new pick up point at the long stay car park. Still think i'll try Doncaster. Cuttin off my nose to spite my face? Maybe, but I detest all these back door charges that you can't avoid (even with a prepaid Mastercard ).

Mark

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Lightweight wheelchair for sale almost new. - 1 posts
Schools in Almeria-Almerimar HELP! - 0 posts
Where is tax office in Almeria region? - 3 posts
Is this legal? - 7 posts
Mortgage company Suing us in England - 5 posts
Golden Retrievers - 6 posts
Golden Retrievers - 0 posts
902 numbers - 3 posts
office table - 0 posts
Is a Carpark space counted as a second property from la renta tax perspective? - 1 posts
SMART CURRENCY - 12 posts
PSOE OUCH! - 3 posts
British v Irish Consulates - 6 posts
Online Translations - 73 posts
British GP Doctor - 1 posts
Am I on this planet? - 1 posts
Report on the Welfare State in Spain - 3 posts
fan about to be hit - 0 posts
does anyone ever get a reply from do you spain? - 14 posts
NEW BUS SERVICE FROM ALICANTE TO TORREVIEJA - 10 posts
administrators and community accounts - 1 posts
New Alicante airport - 2 posts
advice needed - 4 posts
bus sevice - 0 posts
Talking of Internet Connections - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x