Mortgage company Suing us in England

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
24 May 2011 12:00 AM by Alan and Mary Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hi, can anyone help...we have tried to keep up with our mortgage payments with UCI , they have been very patient , we have had an agreement for the past 2-3 years, however we now find ourselves in a position where we cannot make anymore regular payments as our apparmtents isnt rented all the time and the rent we achieve doesn't cover half of the mortgage .  The mortgage company has offered us 2 paths 

!) To start the process of Dation in Payment..which I believe is when they purchase your propery for 90% of the value and then we take out a personal loan for the balance , in our case this will be in excess of 100000euros...impossible.

2) They will hand the case over to their english lawyers and sue us which means they will come after our home....Helllllp!!!

We only purchased our apartment because there was a guaranteed rental income of 5% of the purchase price  however the company has reneiged on the agreement and are irecievership, they owe us 14,000 euros .

Like 0      
24 May 2011 12:33 PM by gavinhealy Star rating. 10 posts Send private message

Alan,

I would suggest you contact Mariea De Castro for her advice on how to stop them pursuing in the UK.

Gavin.

Like 0      
24 May 2011 2:44 PM by gillmurcia Star rating. 26 posts Send private message

Hi,

You can also speak to the lawyer we have used, and so did many or the people who bought in our Resort (Roda Golf). Her name is Adriana Perez, and I am sure her and her team (specially her colleague Eve) will be able to help you. The phone number we have is (0034)968334178.

I am sure they will be able to help you .

I hope they'll help you sort this situation out.

All the best for the future,

Gill

Like 0      
24 May 2011 3:14 PM by manorpark Star rating. 165 posts Send private message

manorpark´s avatar

Hi,

I can sympathise with your situation. Being offered a dation in payment is a positive thing though, at least then the majority of what you owe would be paid. Very few lenders are offering dacion en pago and reposession seems to be the only option for the borrower. Our bank will not even consider a dation and like you I fear being pursued in the UK. As others have suggeste, contact Maria de Castro at Costa Luz Lawyers  who may be able to offer some advice.Good luck !

Like 0      
24 May 2011 4:48 PM by Alan and Mary Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Thank you all, I would like Maria de Castro's address or contact details please , and thank you for the other name to contact.  Sorry for any errors in postings as this is the first time Ive posted anything.

Thank you all its really appreciated.

Like 0      
24 May 2011 5:27 PM by Goldie Star rating. 154 posts Send private message

HI, click on the banner at top of EOS page with the hand in it.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Golden Retrievers - 6 posts
Golden Retrievers - 0 posts
902 numbers - 3 posts
office table - 0 posts
Is a Carpark space counted as a second property from la renta tax perspective? - 1 posts
SMART CURRENCY - 12 posts
PSOE OUCH! - 3 posts
British v Irish Consulates - 6 posts
Online Translations - 73 posts
British GP Doctor - 1 posts
Am I on this planet? - 1 posts
Report on the Welfare State in Spain - 3 posts
fan about to be hit - 0 posts
does anyone ever get a reply from do you spain? - 14 posts
NEW BUS SERVICE FROM ALICANTE TO TORREVIEJA - 10 posts
administrators and community accounts - 1 posts
New Alicante airport - 2 posts
advice needed - 4 posts
bus sevice - 0 posts
Talking of Internet Connections - 1 posts
Most Popular Radio Station? - 0 posts
Want an old non functioning small satellite dish CDS - 1 posts
Andalucia, dangerous dogs. - 2 posts
Conjugation practice - 2 posts
Link - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x