Talking of Internet Connections

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
21 May 2011 12:00 AM by mike_walsh Star rating in Torrevieja. 594 posts Send private message

mike_walsh´s avatar

I have often wondered about the 18-month contracts when signing up to an internet service. With modems and set up being cheap and easy these days is it reasonable to say this period is necessary to offset these costs?

I suspect it borders on the illegal; a ruse to keep the competition out. There certainly seems to be plenty of that these days. Furthermore, most fall short on delivering their promises but once you’re hooked up you have to live with it.

I suspect the relevant bodies in the EU will be taking a closer look at 12 and 18-months contracts. It affects me because I pay for a service I am not using when away from the office for months at a time.

Russian - English Translations, Copywriting and Ghostwiting. Check my Website or email keyboardcosmetics@gmail.com for details

www.keyboardcosmetics.com

Like 0      
23 May 2011 9:05 PM by prosky Star rating in Costa del Sol. 13 posts Send private message

prosky´s avatar

Hi Mike

I agree with your comments, we as a company were only able to receive internet via 3G modems/Dongle etc, And were given the unit free.

Obviously for a tied 18 month contract, how ludircous!

And having lived in Spain for the last 10 years have managed to live with these unfortunate policies.

They in my opinion are the worst in Europe for costings and service with regards to internet. Hence why i started my own localised service. And they get away with it, Not for long!

I do hope you have better service when you move to mijas costa, And as luck would have it we are based not to far from there.

kindest regards, Carl.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Most Popular Radio Station? - 0 posts
Want an old non functioning small satellite dish CDS - 1 posts
Andalucia, dangerous dogs. - 2 posts
Conjugation practice - 2 posts
Link - 1 posts
How to put a photo on a blog?? Help!! - 4 posts
Anyone know of a good car painter in or around Fuengirola - 4 posts
Anyone returning to the uk from costa del sol - 2 posts
Gas appliances and flues? - 1 posts
car swap - 4 posts
living and working in spain - 15 posts
Damage From Earthquake - 5 posts
working from home - 0 posts
Kindle in Spain - 12 posts
will I get healthcare? - 2 posts
south of Spain Help - 11 posts
LFO - 1 posts
Valencia airport to Murcia airport - 9 posts
playpen - 0 posts
UTILITY CONNECTION FEES - 2 posts
cheap guest house / hotel in manilva area. - 3 posts
Mattress 190 x 135, brand new - 0 posts
properties in monda with no habitation licence - 5 posts
Spanish youth rally in Madrid echoes Egypt protests - 11 posts
Honda Goldwing Trike for sale - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x