Palmera Properties

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
25 Mar 2011 12:00 AM by klowe Star rating. 26 posts Send private message

Having waited nearly  3 years for our case against Palmera properties to go to court we were delighted in July 2010 to to be advised we had been awarded our full deposit and legal cost etc. Little did we know that a court order can  be just ignored. Our Lawyer then proceeded to obtain an embargo on a piece of land owned by Palmera and we hoped this might cover our losses. We learnt this week that the land is of little value and therefore not worth another long delay and legal costs to try and get anything back. In conclusion the legal syatem in Spain is a joke, what was the point of obtaining the court order if the company can simply hide any assetts and simply ignore it. We are totally bitter about the whole process,  it was our life savings and as I am sure many of you can appreciate to think you have a chance of recovering your money only to find out because of the delays that you will never see a penny again is soul destroying. I wonder how many more cases against Palmera the courts will let proceed knowing that the money will never be repaid, what a waste of everyones time and money . I hope these thieves are one day brought to justice but I wont hold my breath.

lowek 

Like 0      
25 Mar 2011 2:15 PM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

klowe

Very sorry to hear about your situation.

But you are just another victim or statistic of the Spanish legal system and its delays and that club is increasing in size everyday.

Palmera were totally unregulated in how they conducted their business and collected monies.

There are many in your situation and I fear many of those will eventually get the same result you have - absolutely 'nada' having paid out a small fortune in legal fees.

Like 0      
25 Mar 2011 2:41 PM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

Who was your law firm?

Like 0      
25 Mar 2011 2:46 PM by klowe Star rating. 26 posts Send private message

Hi

thank you for your reply . It would be interesting just how many people are in the same situation and how many more waiting to have their cases heard. . I have always loved holidaying in Spain and have 2 and 3 holidays a year there  and did live in Spain last year but now feel so let down that I will not holiday there in the near future  and spend any more money in a corrupt country. I know I am generalising but  it has left us feeling very let down and of course very much poorer.

Like 0      
25 Mar 2011 2:57 PM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

I suggest you take a look at the thread titled Spanish lawyers and try and influence your law firm to support efforts to bring more attention to these abusive delays.

So long as these delays continue indefinitely there will be no end to this abuse of consumer rights.

Like 0      
25 Mar 2011 3:07 PM by klowe Star rating. 26 posts Send private message

I willl look at that. the law firm was Lawbird

Like 0      
25 Mar 2011 3:10 PM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

Other things that you can do (if you haven't already) is to write with your concerns and details to Marta Andreasen's office marta.andreasen-office@europarl.europa.eu, as they have requested details to add to their evidence.

Also support Keith and Suzie's peitions with your evidence and write to your MP and local MEP via www.writetothem.com

I really do sympathise.

Like 0      
25 Mar 2011 3:14 PM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

3 years ago I would have said you were flogging a dead donkey!

Like 0      
25 Mar 2011 3:22 PM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

Perhaps If lawfirms don't start taking notice and highlighting the devastating knock on effects of delays (and injustices) by doing something about this effectively THEMSELVES  then we should start naming and shaming those not prepared to do.

A far more proactive approach is required by good lawfirms.

Like 0      
25 Mar 2011 3:37 PM by klowe Star rating. 26 posts Send private message

thankyou for the information and I will write to the address suggested but wonder if we are not wasting our time and energy.

I had long ago written off any chance of seeing  the money again  but when a court rules that the money must be repaid you get your hopes up only another 9 months down the line to realise that the court order isnt worth a thing . I mainly put this thread on in the hope that  anyone with pending claims against Palmera do not spend any more on legal costs as this is just throwing good money after bad. It may just stop anyone else believing stupidly that  there is any point in taking legal action.  We felt this was the route to go down but it has proved pointless and costly.

Like 0      
25 Mar 2011 3:44 PM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

Isn't that exactly what they want, that we just walk away from this? Wouldn't that be just a little too convenient?

If everyone took that route then the injustices would  remain and Spain would continue to require a loud message BUYER BEWARE. As things stand right now, there is inadequate consumer protection in place in Spain (that's putting it politely), which is exactly why we have to keep hammering home the message.

This does no-one any favours so long as these abuses are allowed to continue.

Like 0      
25 Mar 2011 4:14 PM by Kenny Ackers Star rating. 42 posts Send private message

Kenny Ackers´s avatar

I actually spoke to Gotardo Rodrigues ( Big Cheese ) some time ago, after I loaded up his inbox. He rang me at home.

He was adamant that my deposits had been forwarded to Grupo Mirador and could prove it. ( Grupo Mirador have gone bust I believe ) I mentioned the development I put deposits down on were illegal, he said he was unaware of that. Sure!!

He offered me properies that were built, with just the mortgages outstanding ie the deposit had been paid?

I turned it down as I already have a house in Spain, and stated I wanted my deposit back -  his answer was go after Grupo mirador.

I don't know why I am posting on this again it just upsets me, I suppose that we all hate losing our hard earned.

I joined the CDSAG class action group and that will probably never happen anyway, and most of us will be pushing daisies up any way before that.

One thing that amazes me is that Palmera are still going - Who in the right mind is dealing with them? ater all the previous form.

Like 0      
25 Mar 2011 4:26 PM by klowe Star rating. 26 posts Send private message

When our case went to court the judge did not find against grupo mirdador stating  there was no evidence that the deposits had been sent on to them by Palmera. I know what you mean it is so upsetting to think that they are getting away with it. I wander if I email the big cheese he will make us an offer of a house?  Our solicitor says Palmera are now in administration? dont know if this is correct 

Like 0      
25 Mar 2011 4:31 PM by fultond Star rating in Haywards Heath & Tor.... 242 posts Send private message

We are also acting through CDSAG. Their lawyers IURA have asked if people are prepared to pay more money for a PI to find out where all the money is hidden. So far I think there has been no take-up. I think everyone is universal in their thoughts regarding the chance of finding anything.

Like 0      
25 Mar 2011 4:41 PM by Kenny Ackers Star rating. 42 posts Send private message

Kenny Ackers´s avatar

Hi Fultond - re: the PI - CDSAG should at least have a little resource to do bit of digging? They don't answer my e-mails now anyway.

Hi KLowe - on Palmera website they are offering completed properties minus your deposit?

On Purchasing I am unsure how low things are going to go - but there really are some unbelievable bargains out there.

Like 0      
25 Mar 2011 4:44 PM by klowe Star rating. 26 posts Send private message

Hi yes I noticed that on their website the other day and actually emailed just to see what they were offering but surprise surprise no reply

Like 0      
25 Mar 2011 5:27 PM by fultond Star rating in Haywards Heath & Tor.... 242 posts Send private message

Don't touch them. We had the same offer a couple of years ago. We went to view some. The price they were offering, less our deposit, were still above market value as given to us by independent agents. We did our homework and asked local agents to offer advice. They did only view from the outside, but knew the prices in these areas. If you buy you will just be feathering the Palmera Property nest once again!

Like 0      
25 Mar 2011 5:38 PM by klowe Star rating. 26 posts Send private message

I had no intention I wouldnt touch them with a barge pole or maybe thats what I would touch them with , a deadly bow to the head. No I was just curious about their latest scam .

Like 0      
25 Mar 2011 5:45 PM by klowe Star rating. 26 posts Send private message

sorry that should have read blow to the head

Like 0      
25 Mar 2011 6:12 PM by fultond Star rating in Haywards Heath & Tor.... 242 posts Send private message

Just an example of the tactics used:

The "independent" agent who was assigned to helping us find a property at current value less our deposit turned out to be Gotardo's nephew; really independent!

He showed us a 2-bed property on Arenal Golf with a bank valuation of 256K€, which was shown to us.. So less our deposit it was going to cost us around 210K€ . Spoke to a different agent who sells in this development, and lives himself in Phase 1. He confirmed the properties in the block we had been shown, sold at the time for 180-185K€.

NO DEAL!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

HOW TO STOP CATS DOING THEIR BUSINESS IN YOUR GARDEN - 13 posts
Inland Minimarket for sale - 0 posts
Negative Equity & Repossesion - 0 posts
Endesa Price List - 0 posts
help with the car hire - 2 posts
Court Summons - Cedula de Citacion - 4 posts
Renfe website Trenhotel to Paris - 7 posts
San Roque golf club nr Sotogrande Spain - 0 posts
Francis Loves Spain - 0 posts
Any Vespa/scooter riders in Spain? help - 1 posts
marbella LFO - 9 posts
New terminal at Alicante airport - 15 posts
sky tv -freeview-los alcazares-one off payment? - 1 posts
Jeep cherokee for sale... - 1 posts
Trains from Madrid to London - 3 posts
Serious problem with escritura and land registry - 1 posts
Do we need an architect to get our LFO? - 15 posts
Medical help Spain - 2 posts
Pre paid Mastercard? - 11 posts
Thai China Calahonda - 3 posts
Long Term Airport Car parking - 2 posts
Spanish Taxes - 9 posts
Date Order of posts - 3 posts
Any plans for easter and suggestions? - 3 posts
Schools in Huercal Overa - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 60

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x