New terminal at Alicante airport

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
23 Mar 2011 12:00 AM by suemac Star rating in Jumilla, Murcia. 1001 posts Send private message

Tomorrow the new terminal will open at Alicante airport.  A week tomorrow my youngest daughter Kate will be arriving at the airport, having been given instructions on how to catch the bus from either terminal 1 or terminal 2.  Now the instructions will be redundant! 

If anybody uses the new terminal for arrivals or departures between tomorrow and next Thursday, I would be grateful for any feedback on how easy it is to find out where to go etc.  We are hoping that a friend can drive us there and drop Kate off when she flies back to the UK - and wonder how easy that will be as at the moment you can park nearby and see somebody off without too many problems.

Many thanks!

Sue

Sue Walker

Author of "Retiring the Ole Way", now available on Amazon

See my blog about our life in Spain: www.spainuncovered.com

Like 0      
24 Mar 2011 11:27 AM by delza Star rating. 77 posts Send private message

All the info you need can be found here sue:

http://www.aena.es/csee/Satellite?Language=EN_GB&SiteName=NATAlicante&c=Page&cid=1228220370028&pagename=NATAlicante

Like 0      
24 Mar 2011 5:20 PM by suemac Star rating in Jumilla, Murcia. 1001 posts Send private message

Thanks, delza.  I did have a look and it sounds OK, however I know my daughter will have had to be up very early to catch her flight, so she may not be at her brightest by the time she lands, as she isn't a morning person!

I also thought it might be worthwhile setting up this thread to highlight the new terminal, in case people weren't aware of what is happening!

Sue

Sue Walker

Like 0      
24 Mar 2011 5:48 PM by thekeeve Star rating in Hope, West Wales and.... 277 posts Send private message

Terminal 2 has been operating for at least a year or two I believe (I used it last year and last month).  It's connected to and in series with T1 so you can get dropped off at either.  I think you'll find the budget airlines all use it.  The hire car offices are still located in T1 so it's a lengthy walk to get to your car rental, with the car parks still opposite T1 exit.

Good luck.

keeve

Like 0      
24 Mar 2011 5:48 PM by thekeeve Star rating in Hope, West Wales and.... 277 posts Send private message

Terminal 2 has been operating for at least a year or two I believe (I used it last year and last month).  It's connected to and in series with T1 so you can get dropped off at either.  I think you'll find the budget airlines all use it.  The hire car offices are still located in T1 so it's a lengthy walk to get to your car rental, with the car parks still opposite T1 exit.

Good luck.

keeve

Like 0      
24 Mar 2011 6:39 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Keeve, this is about the THIRD terminal, not T1 or T2!

INFO HERE

This message was last edited by morerosado on 24/03/2011.

Like 0      
24 Mar 2011 6:57 PM by suemac Star rating in Jumilla, Murcia. 1001 posts Send private message

Yes, I told my daughter that if she arrived in terminal 2,  just walk through to terminal 1 and then exit there - not realising that the new terminal would be open.  If you look at flights for today they are all arriving at "N" rather than 1 or 2  i.e. New or Nuevo!

Sue

Sue Walker

Like 0      
24 Mar 2011 7:04 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Just posted (5.32pm) on another forum local to Alicante ..

Have just got back from Alicante airport and it was a bit chaotic!!! There was taffic jams as you came off the roundabout to get into the roundabout cos the drivers were confised where to go. The exits to the car park and car rental were closed off with a man stopping the traffic trying to turn in. You then drive round past Terminal 1 and go straight on and round to Terminal 3 into the car park. Only Taxis and buses can park outside. The actual entrance to the airport is 4 floors up. Once you turn into the car park you have to drive up up to the 4 th floor( all the parking areas up to the 4th floor are closed off) and then park and then you walk into the Terminal building . IN the Terminal you go up to Departures and down to Arrivals We were meeting someone so after we had walked around we finally found where the passengers come out from. There are 2 automatic doors from where the baggage reclaim is and one set was not working properly and it kept trapping people!! My cousin waited 45 minutes for his baggage off a Monarch flight this morning so hopefully it has got better as the day has gone. Terminal 1 and 2 are both closed so ALL flights in and out are going from Terminal 3. It was lucky that my cousins flight was delayed by 1/2 hour cos by the time we had gone round the roundabout twice and done a circuit of the airport, parked and then finally fount the arrivals we arrived just as his plane landed but then had to wait another 45 minutes before he got out. Advise - allow plenty of time if you are going to meet someone or are departing.

Like 0      
24 Mar 2011 9:30 PM by joanniemac Star rating. 241 posts Send private message

Just to add, I have received new instructions from my car hire company. Normally I picked  up my car from level 1 at the car park, now

I have to get a bus to be taken a 5 minute drive to a new collection point.

I have only just got used to finding my way out of the airport, having been lost on numerous occasions. Having read Morerosado`s post I am filled with dread!  I arrive at Alicante on Monday and have to pick my son up from the airport on Tuesday, looks like it could be a stressful 2 days.

Will report back how it went when I get home.

Cheers Joanniemac

Like 0      
25 Mar 2011 9:46 PM by mike_walsh Star rating in Torrevieja. 594 posts Send private message

mike_walsh´s avatar

I have never understood why they don't make airports more user friendly. They really are challenging and of course at a time when you are most distracted. If they were to do what most stores do and have them mystery shopper checked they would certainly see their weaknesses. I won't be volunteering for the job though. I love writing but that woud be a formidable challenge too far.

Russian - English Translations, Copywriting and Ghostwiting. Check my Website or email keyboardcosmetics@gmail.com for details

www.keyboardcosmetics.com

Like 0      
31 Mar 2011 11:23 AM by Hammersfan Star rating in Body in Essex, Heart.... 160 posts Send private message

So are all flights arriving/departing the new terminal?

Have the Cir Hire Companies moved (Both  their offices and the cars themselves)?

Like 0      
31 Mar 2011 12:19 PM by Tumbit Star rating in Costa Blanca. 71 posts Send private message

Tumbit´s avatar
** EDITED - Self promotion **

Like 0      
05 Apr 2011 9:51 AM by Missty Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

I'm dreading the new terminal and imagine it will be like using Stanstead or Birmingham where they charge you to pull up for a few seconds. Make it impossible to even stop by putting bollards and fencing on every street leading up to the pay for 15 minutes.  Not a minute over mind, because of course we are the criminals then and should have read the fine print, and abide by the rules to the letter.

You see everyone is a would be terrorist (not a paying customer) and should be treated as such.  Alicante terminal one and two will be sorely missed.  It was a pleasure using them.  Pulling up right outside, watching your loved ones climbing up the ramp.  Nipping downstairs to help with their bags or using the toilet before you set off on your return journey.  Plane late, not a big deal, sit and chat outside with the other drivers, grab a quick coffee, people watch.  Now it will be, shall I go in short or long term parking?  Have I gone over my allotted time?  Shall I get a mortgage out on this one or next time get your family to make there own way across Spain.

Oh well I think they call it progress!

Like 0      
05 Apr 2011 10:16 AM by suemac Star rating in Jumilla, Murcia. 1001 posts Send private message

Missty, it wasn't like that when a friend drove my daughter and I to Alicante last night.  Mind you, I don't think we were at the offical drop-off point, as there was a tour bus waiting outside the doors and I think the drop-off point was at the next level!  I wanted to go in with Kate to check that her flight was up on the board and wasn't delayed, so I said to him if he saw somebody approaching to drive round the block and I would wait outside the doors for him to return.  I did look at the prices for parking and it would have been reasonable anyway compared to somewhere like Stansted.

Sue

Sue Walker

Like 0      
05 Apr 2011 10:25 AM by joanniemac Star rating. 241 posts Send private message

I was dreading arriving at the new terminal last week, however it was a walk in the park. I had to go down to - 2 level to get a bus to pick up my car. I dont know if all the car hire companies have moved, but there were several companies along the route. We drove past the old terminal 2 and followed the signs for Torrellano on the CV-852. It was about 5 minutes from the airport. It was a bit scary driving back trying to cross the road at the airport to get onto the motorway.

I went back the next day to pick up my son. I drove past the old terminal 1 and followed the signs for the new car park, it was very easy to find. I was parked for about an hour, cost 1 euro 75. it was very easy to get onto the motorway once you leave the car park.

The old car park at terminal 1 is now for long stay parking.

All in all, it went a lot easier than I had imagined.

Cheers Joanniemac

Like 0      
05 Apr 2011 5:29 PM by ian.whitworth Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Picked up from Alicante this morning easiest way I found was to instruct arrivers to use lift to level 1 outside arrivals once outside lift cross to car park using walkway or meet them outside lift there is plenty of space.The walkway takes you to level 4 in the car park where the  parking payment machines are.Once you exit the car park be careful if heading to 332 as you have to cross 3 lanes with traffic coming from your right. GOOD LUCK

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

sky tv -freeview-los alcazares-one off payment? - 1 posts
Jeep cherokee for sale... - 1 posts
Trains from Madrid to London - 3 posts
Serious problem with escritura and land registry - 1 posts
Do we need an architect to get our LFO? - 15 posts
Medical help Spain - 2 posts
Pre paid Mastercard? - 11 posts
Thai China Calahonda - 3 posts
Long Term Airport Car parking - 2 posts
Spanish Taxes - 9 posts
Date Order of posts - 3 posts
Any plans for easter and suggestions? - 3 posts
Schools in Huercal Overa - 2 posts
Ryanair latest scam - beware Dutch nationals - 41 posts
Anyone been to Melilla? - 7 posts
golf society nr playa flamence/la florida - 3 posts
Property to rent in Residencial el Hipodromo - 0 posts
Looking for Rental Property in Residencial el Hipodromo - 0 posts
Something to look foward to! - 23 posts
kadoodey - 2 posts
ALHAMBRA GRANADA SATVAV ENTRY IN TOMTOM - 6 posts
Hello, hola. New to EOS. - 3 posts
Hello. - 8 posts
furniture and lighting suppliers costa blanca - 6 posts
Literally lost the thread ! - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 16

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x