Renfe website Trenhotel to Paris

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
24 Mar 2011 12:00 AM by kathym Star rating in Oliva, Valencia. 22 posts Send private message

Hi, has anyone tried booking the Trenhotel overnight trains to France, on the Renfe website or elsewhere?  I have been trying for over a week, as I want to go to France for a few days in May.  It appears to be impossible to book.  I even tried a travel agent a few days ago, and she couldn't manage it either!  I thought I was getting there last night, I even got to the point where I put in my card number and all my details to buy the tickets - then the site hung with a message that the process was 'continuing'..  I left the PC on overnght.  this morning, the page was still in the same state.  Then I had to restart my computer, and when I went back I got the usual message - the process cannot continue!  Today, I can't get anywhere again.  Don't they want customers?  I've tried French websites (SNCF and TGV) as well, with the same result.  There are places available according to the Renfe stie, so that's not the problem.  Any help would be appreciated!

Kath

Like 0      
24 Mar 2011 3:29 PM by Febe Star rating in Flix, on river Ebro,.... 240 posts Send private message

Hi,

Maybe you'd have more luck at a trian station.

Very frustrating.

Good luck, take care.

Febe

No matter where you go, there you are.

Like 0      
24 Mar 2011 4:28 PM by GANDE Star rating in Carvajal. 3 posts Send private message

Hi

i have managed to book the trenhotel, but you can only book 6 weeks in advance, no further. When we did it last time I only managed to book one way on the website, and ended up going to Malaga to book the return trip, very helpful. Hope this helps.

Like 0      
24 Mar 2011 8:35 PM by kathym Star rating in Oliva, Valencia. 22 posts Send private message

Thank you for your replies.

Febe, I have thought about going to a station, but it will only be as a last resort.  My nearest station, Murcia, is about 60km away and I would probably have to make two trips - one to book the tickets, and another to collect them.

Gande, it's well under 60 days - I want to go at the beginning of May - not the Fiesta time, but a few days afterwards.  I have travelled by Trenhotel before, from Barcelona to Paris, and I booked through a travel agent then.  Unfortunately, I'm now living in a different place, so can't use the same travel agent!  Just keep trying, I guess.

Kathy

Like 0      
24 Mar 2011 9:50 PM by kathym Star rating in Oliva, Valencia. 22 posts Send private message

A result!  About two hours ago, I found a way of sending them an email of complaint, so I did!

No reply, but just tried to buy the tickets again, and succeeded!

Kathy

Like 0      
25 Mar 2011 8:42 AM by Febe Star rating in Flix, on river Ebro,.... 240 posts Send private message

Well done you.

Have a great trip.

No matter where you go, there you are.

Like 0      
25 Mar 2011 1:35 PM by bernardrose Star rating in Telford England / Mi.... 16 posts Send private message

Hi Kathy,

I have followed your posts on this subject with great interest. I want to travel back to the UK by train some time in the future. I would be very grateful if you could share your experience of Trenhotel when you get back. I am glad you eventualy managed to book online and I wish you a safe and pleasent journey.

Bernard

Like 0      
25 Mar 2011 6:18 PM by kathym Star rating in Oliva, Valencia. 22 posts Send private message

HI Bernard

I have travelled on the Trenhotel before, which is why I wanted to book with them again.  I travelled from Barcelona to Paris, and found it very comfortable, but I do always sleep well on trains and ferries, so long as I have a bed to sleep in - not a reclining seat!  The 4- berth couchettes on Trenhotel are only 10€ per journey dearer than reclining seats, so I reckon they're good value.  I was very happy with my previous journeys (there and back).  I'll let you know what they're like in May!

Febe, thank you - I intend to enjoy myself!

Kathy

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

San Roque golf club nr Sotogrande Spain - 0 posts
Francis Loves Spain - 0 posts
Any Vespa/scooter riders in Spain? help - 1 posts
marbella LFO - 9 posts
New terminal at Alicante airport - 15 posts
sky tv -freeview-los alcazares-one off payment? - 1 posts
Jeep cherokee for sale... - 1 posts
Trains from Madrid to London - 3 posts
Serious problem with escritura and land registry - 1 posts
Do we need an architect to get our LFO? - 15 posts
Medical help Spain - 2 posts
Pre paid Mastercard? - 11 posts
Thai China Calahonda - 3 posts
Long Term Airport Car parking - 2 posts
Spanish Taxes - 9 posts
Date Order of posts - 3 posts
Any plans for easter and suggestions? - 3 posts
Schools in Huercal Overa - 2 posts
Ryanair latest scam - beware Dutch nationals - 41 posts
Anyone been to Melilla? - 7 posts
golf society nr playa flamence/la florida - 3 posts
Property to rent in Residencial el Hipodromo - 0 posts
Looking for Rental Property in Residencial el Hipodromo - 0 posts
Something to look foward to! - 23 posts
kadoodey - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x