Our fantastic UK MEP'S??

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
23 Feb 2011 12:00 AM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

Just thought i'd get this down before I explode!!!

This is the reply I got from MEP Bill Newton Dunn, after I replied to a request from him saying ' would I  help leaflet drop the new voting system leaflets in my area.'  My reply requested that he did something to at least try and help all those cheated by the Spanish banks, courts, justice system, before he asks me for help!!  Below was his response.

Thanks, David.

So does that mean that you would like the EU to be able to intervene in every domestic issue inside the UK ?
Not me.
Internal UK probloems or internal Spanish problems should be left to the national governmments and courts to decide.
Luckily for me, all 27 national parliaments agree with me. They do not want interference in internal affairs. And that is why there is no EU directive which covers Houses. And therefore nobody outside Spain can assist you.
All good wishes
Bill

Great eh!.  Good to know we can rely on our MEP's to fight our corner!!

Like 0      
23 Feb 2011 7:55 PM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

goodstich

I think he is at least being honest and not giving false hope.

But as long as Spain is left to deal with this problem nothing will happen

Like 0      
23 Feb 2011 8:22 PM by Abacusdc Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Goodstitch, yet another money grabbing waste of space as far as I see it.

Here is there REQUIREMENT TO REPRESENT as laid down by statute:-

"Representation

The primary role of an MEP is to represent the constituents who have elected them. They do this by spending part of their time on their constituency, which, in the UK, is a fairly large area, and the rest of their time in Brussels. Like a national MP, constituents can go to their MEP to ask them advice and ask for help on issues which are affected by Europe. The MEPs will then take up the cause of these constituents, if they can do anything about the problem and represent them in Brussels."

Might be worth reminding the money grabbing £200,000 civil servant what his role is in life.

Best of luck.

Like 0      
23 Feb 2011 11:42 PM by tez mayne Star rating. 64 posts Send private message

Abacusdc

Well said, I couldn't have put it better!!!! It just proves that there is one rule for the rest of Europe and a different one for the UK.

It makes you so angry when a Spanish bank can use the European Enforcement Order to seize a Uk property from a British couple who defaulted on their mortgage, yet us poor buggers are left in the lurch and we have to fight alone. Keep fighting anyway!

Like 0      
23 Feb 2011 11:50 PM by sandra Star rating in . 812 posts Send private message

sandra´s avatar

Goodstitch,

I wrote to the same EMP when we tried to get them all  to read the 'Spanish Property Scandal 'Petition.

I got what I can only describe as a high handed snotty answer from him. I complained about the tone of his reply and I got an apology.

It seems his 'snotty' reply to me was not just the one-off  he tried to tell me it was. His fantastic salary has let him forget what he is there for and who is paying him. All he has to do is open his mouth in the right place.The whole thing , i.e., 'Luckily for me, all 27 national parliaments agree with me' stinks of an old boys club and we poor serfs are treated with contempt.

It's time there was a real sorting out of the EU parliament in the same way that some of our Westminster MPs have been exposed and punished.

Tell him to, ' Go stick his leaflets where the sun don't shine' or better still stoke the fire with 'em!!

The Arrogant Pig!

Like 0      
24 Feb 2011 4:39 PM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

The bottom line to all of this surely is that Spanish Justice is not being applied as per legal judgements, and so long as this continues they are compromising EU citizens. As an EU member state they are failing in their obligation to provide justice. End of.

It's nothing to do with individual cases, more the fact that an EU member state is not meeting a basic requirement to provide justice to its EU citizens.

Am I being too simplistic here do you think?

This message was last edited by ads on 24/02/2011.

Like 0      
24 Feb 2011 5:05 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

ads

no you are not. Folowing that reply to me, it's very clear  that our elected MEP's, are doing nothing to change the injustice in Spain. They are indeed failing their obligation.

Like 0      
24 Feb 2011 5:52 PM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

Keith/Suzanne

Is it worth pulling together a standard letter that can be copied by all your petitioners to their relevant MEP's (using the website http://www.writetothem.com/ ), stating that their MEP has an obligation to follow through these complaints about the non application of justice by an EU member state (Spain) and how this is specifically compromising EU citizens?

Just a thought......

Like 0      
24 Feb 2011 11:46 PM by peteha Star rating. 110 posts Send private message

I find the reply by Goodstitchs MEP to be unbelievable.

a suggestion

contact UKIP ( United Kingdom National Party) both nationally and locally send them this reply

with relevant background information.This is manna from heaven for them.

also contact the party the your MEP represents and ask them if their policy is not to represent

the people who vote for them.

Every day the British courts are giving judgements quoting the European Human Rights Act

and over-riding the laws of Great Britain.

Like 0      
25 Feb 2011 1:13 AM by thekeeve Star rating in Hope, West Wales and.... 277 posts Send private message

UKIP - United Kingdom Independence Party

Like 0      
25 Feb 2011 11:12 AM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

peteha

yes, I quite agree, I find the hypocrisy incredible.  This really shows just how much we can trust our MEP's to help those they represent. Completely sickening.

I will send the conversation to UKIP. It's still going on though at the moment, and all he keeps saying to me is that I must accept that this is an internal matter for the Spanish courts to deal with.

Like 0      
25 Feb 2011 11:52 AM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

Goodstich,

So long as the administration of justice is being hampered in Spain we should be pushing for a compensation fund to be honest.We need to keep hammering home the message that a member EU state is not administering justice to its EU citizens and should be made accountable. Whether I am hitting my head against a brick wall or not, I don't know, but we should be standardising our approach and get everyone (all petitioners) to write and educate their MEP's as to the realities. I wish that Keith and Suzanne could come together on this as we need to act as one voice.

We need to reinforce the message that successful judgements are not being applied in a timely manner, that there appear to be protectionist, abusive tactics being employed to delay the administration of justice (if Faro is right in his observations to date), which in turn are impacting on the rights of  innocent EU citizens. The Spanish government should be made responsible for their lack of regulation and commitment to ensuring that justice is administered in a timely and independent manner.

Like 0      
25 Feb 2011 1:06 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

ads

yes, so much work has been done by Suzie and Keith, the evidence couldn't be clearer. I think we need to know just who amongst MEP's is prepared to accept the truth and the facts and fight for compensation and commitment from the Spanish government that the abuse clearly stated in the petitions will be dealt with starting now!

Anything else is worthless drivel and excuses for doing nothing and that's not acceptable.

Like 0      
25 Feb 2011 3:04 PM by Suzie Star rating in England. 121 posts Send private message

Goodstich - An ill-mannered letter from the MEP indeed!  But his comment...They do not want interference in internal affairs...explains a lot & is true.

Last year a comment to me from Brussels inferred that MEPs are reluctant to rock the boat any more as regards to our Spanish issues for fear of what may be uncovered in their own respective country.  It was reported in the FT about a week ago:

'Doubts over the way Britain administers European Union structural funds prompted Brussels to suspend all payments to English projects at the end of 2010.  EuropeanCommission documents show.Regional payments totalling E184m (£155m)were withheld from mid-October to mid-December while the Commission investigated significant shortcomings in the way England spent its share of the EU 50bn a year structural funds.'  A link won't work here as you need to be registered with them to read it.

Like 0      
25 Feb 2011 3:33 PM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

Suzie,

Doesn't that speak reams as each nation state fears the repercussions of transparency !

Where the heck does that leave us as EU citizens?

Like 0      
25 Feb 2011 3:39 PM by Suzie Star rating in England. 121 posts Send private message

You're right ads.  When I heard this from Brussels I found it astonishing.  

We're stuffed.  Without a solid foundation to work on anything built upon it will just come tumbling down. 

Like 0      
25 Feb 2011 3:40 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

Suzie

so our MEP's won't rock the boat because of the dodgy things they know about here, and in the meantims UK citizens continue to face the injustice of the Spanish system,........... but of course  UK citizens are expected to abide by the EU rules? 

Is there anyone we can trust with integrity?, it certainly doesn't look like it?. Once again lies and deception rule!

Like 0      
25 Feb 2011 3:46 PM by belucky358 Star rating in North Yorkshire. 197 posts Send private message

Hi Suzie,

I am just a retired working man and I don't really understand the "ins and outs" of E.U. Policy, Regional Funds, etc. etc. but what you say is disgraceful.

What is the point of electing an M.E.P. if he/she is not able to represent you at Brussels, because he/she is in fear of what may be uncovered about his/her own country ?

Do you think this is why we haven't heard from Marta Andreason lately ?   UKIP ?

This message was last edited by belucky358 on 25/02/2011.

Like 0      
25 Feb 2011 4:18 PM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

Then it's up to us to rock the boat, whistleblow where applicable, and bring this to the attention of the population. We aren't just talking about individual cases here, we're talking about the wider issue of application of justice and consumer protection.

So long as we focus on individual cases they will say it's not part of their remit so it's essential we concentrate on the aspect of our rights to a workable and effective independent justice system, within any member state for that matter. Spain's system of justice is failing to provide those basic rights by their lack of regulation and independence from political influence, isn't it? Faro, are we way off the mark here do you think?

Like 0      
25 Feb 2011 4:31 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

ads

whistleblow?, yes that crossed my mind. Why hasn't this been a bigger news story already?.  As long as this 'corruption behind closed doors' is allowed to continue, then those elected MEP's are probably a complete waste of time for anyone in the UK, not just us! 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Hello from Madrid - 0 posts
Estate Agent Jokes !! - 1 posts
LORDS REMOVALS/TRANSPORT ON CAMPASOL - 2 posts
Do you think sterling is deliberately being kept low against the Euro - 7 posts
Unpaid Community Fees - 19 posts
mobile disco usage & wedding dresses - 0 posts
FS xbox 360 - 0 posts
Denuncia for speeding - 15 posts
Legal Spanish Ice cream business for sale - 0 posts
can't phone endesa from uk - please help! - 11 posts
Looking for a second hand clothes shop that buys clothes or comission - 0 posts
could anybody help please with the whereabouts of Wayne Stoneman. Many Thanks - 1 posts
BMW 645 ci reduced by 5k, NOW 15K, bag yourself a bargain, it must go!!!!! - 0 posts
Terrace furniture - 15 posts
Rental in caniles with cats - 2 posts
Hi all - 5 posts
Directions to Ardales - 1 posts
Pet Insurance? - 11 posts
Overseas Keys San Javier - 16 posts
Internet Providers - 0 posts
Air con units - 1 posts
Daily Mail Scaremongering? - 49 posts
Cementfor sale €1.50 per bag - 0 posts
Honest solicitor - 0 posts
moving - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 42

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x