Hi all

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
21 Feb 2011 12:00 AM by eric77 Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Newbie here thinking of moving to spain butfinding it hard to submit a new thread.

Hope this one works and if it does hi to all.

Like 0      
21 Feb 2011 7:31 PM by suemac Star rating in Jumilla, Murcia. 1001 posts Send private message

Hola!

Welcome to EOS! 

As you can see, you have successfully posted your thread. Whereabouts in Spain are you thinking of moving to?  There are members here from all over Spain, who should be able to answer any questions you may have.

Sue

Sue Walker

Author of "Retiring the Ole Way", now available on Amazon

See my blog about our life in Spain: www.spainuncovered.com

Like 0      
21 Feb 2011 10:57 PM by ohlson Star rating in La Marina. 8 posts Send private message

Hi Eric

If I can help at all we are based in La Marina nr Alicante on the Costa Blanca. We send out a Free regular newsletter on properties every other week  Just send us an email address and we will add you to our list.

One of our web site addresses is at the bottom of this reply. You need to copy and paste it into your toolbar

Regards

Ian

Like 0      
22 Feb 2011 2:59 PM by eric77 Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hi Both and thank you Sue for the kind welcome. ohlson we're thinking of moving to the Caniles area. Would like to buy a small farmhouse with some land ideally.

I'll certainly go and have a look at your website, thank you for suggesting it  a six month rental whilst we search would be ideal but we do have 5 cats in tow so perhaps unfurnished and an understanding lanlord would be needed?

Like 0      
22 Feb 2011 3:38 PM by suemac Star rating in Jumilla, Murcia. 1001 posts Send private message

Hi Eric

I assume that you know the Caniles area and have visited it before?  I didn't know where it was, so had to look at google maps to find it!  I see that you will be even further inland than we are, though further south, so I guess the climate will be quite extreme.

Are you going to be retiring to Spain?  If so, at least you are doing so at a time when the exchange rate isn't great, unlike people who retired 5 or more years ago and are finding that their pension doesn't stretch so far. 

Hopefully ohlson will be able to find you somewhere suitable to rent until you find somewhere to buy.

Good luck!

Sue

Sue Walker

Author of "Retiring the Ole Way", now available on Amazon

See my blog about our life in Spain: www.spainuncovered.com

Like 0      
23 Feb 2011 10:12 AM by delza Star rating. 77 posts Send private message

Hi Eric and welcome to the site you will find all the info you need here and if not just ask and someone friendly will be able to help!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Directions to Ardales - 1 posts
Pet Insurance? - 11 posts
Overseas Keys San Javier - 16 posts
Internet Providers - 0 posts
Air con units - 1 posts
Daily Mail Scaremongering? - 49 posts
Cementfor sale €1.50 per bag - 0 posts
Honest solicitor - 0 posts
moving - 0 posts
Community: BANK ACCOUNT - 6 posts
Not having the best holiday - 27 posts
WANTED - Long Term Let - La Nucia / Polop / Alfaz del Pi - 2 posts
Hotel/Motel outside Madrid - 2 posts
We want to buy a satellite dish - 0 posts
Healthcare Experience - 4 posts
Am I liable to pay taxes - 0 posts
Legal taxi transfers based at Villa Martin - 4 posts
Zero excess on car rentals - 0 posts
Breach Of Contract-Asking For A Discount? - 10 posts
taxman trying it on... - 5 posts
Making A Compliant Against Court/Judge - 5 posts
VISA Electron - 17 posts
N & P Woes - 20 posts
CAR HIRE RIP OFF BY CARTRAWLER - 8 posts
Who owns and who can use unfenced land. Where can shepherds graze their flocks? - 7 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x