Lunchtime Surf

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
27 Jan 2011 12:00 AM by rod Star rating in Uk and Spain. 469 posts Send private message

Can you remember when Spain was the only place to go on Holiday and everything was so cheap especially the beer we use to smile when it was 20p for a San Miguel of course i wasnt old enough to drink LEGALLY but when dad went for a swim i would have a cheeky sip

Anyway do you think it will get cheaper again as per ROBERTOS comments on the reduced prices on simple pleasures like his coffee ,beer and menu of the dia we deserve better value now surely CAN ANYONE ELSE SEE PRICES REDUCING ?

Ive just realised ive actually turned into my parents

Rod

www.ournextholiday.co.uk

This message was last edited by rod on 27/01/2011.

Like 0      
27 Jan 2011 2:24 PM by fultond Star rating in Haywards Heath & Tor.... 242 posts Send private message

Not too many years ago the prices were close to what they are now, and we thought it was cheap. But that was when we got 1.5€ to the £1.

Like 0      
27 Jan 2011 2:36 PM by guslopez Star rating in Lorca, Murcia.. 745 posts Send private message

Robertos prices are the prices I've paid for the last 8 years. 1€ coffee or caña, 80c montadito de lomo. Yes  there are some places that charge more but most are still . Plenty of places where the menu del dia is 5,95 €. A chinese I use  when going out is packed with spaniards during lunch hours. For 5,95 € , it's far too much for me to eat but the pensioners love it !

Todos somos Lorca.

Like 0      
27 Jan 2011 10:21 PM by JazII Star rating in Mar Menor and UK. 133 posts Send private message

JazII´s avatar

The problem is not that prices have increased drastically, we too have noticed prices in euros have hardly moved .  It's more a case that the exchange rate is so bad making it expensive for folks converting sterling as fultond mentions below 

You constantly hear about how bad things are in the euro zone (far worse than in the UK), yet the pound remains weak against the euro  That said, eat and shop wisely and you can live on a smaller budget 

This message was last edited by JazII on 27/01/2011.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Navarre Appeal Court says Banks have no rights.... - 4 posts
Qualified Boiler Technician Needed Murcia - 0 posts
property management inland murcia - 1 posts
The Bank cannot execute further than the mortgaged house - 6 posts
EOS in IE8 has gone a bit squiffy! - 13 posts
FOR SALE MOTHERCARE MOSES BASKET and lots of baby clothes, equipment and toys - Javea Costa Blanca - 0 posts
BARGAIN FOR SALE BMW 645CI coupe Right Hand DRive Every extra conceivable ONLY 20,000 Euro - 0 posts
BARGAIN - FOR SALE NISSAN NOTE 1.4 LHD 3500 EUROS IN JAVEA, COSTA BLANCA - 1 posts
Increase of rent due to IPC/CPI - spanish one or not - 3 posts
Ocean View Properties - 3 posts
Community fee help - 9 posts
Cancelling my telephone service - 12 posts
coming to a Town near you!!?? - 0 posts
Holiday bookings - 2 posts
Vote - 1 posts
sky t.v - 2 posts
Selling a property and tax - 6 posts
Long Term Rentals - 1 posts
SMALL DOG CAGE FOR SALE - 0 posts
CHIRRINGUITOS - 26 posts
Wedding Help!!! - 2 posts
Spinning Classes - Los Alcazares - 4 posts
long term debtors - 11 posts
De-seeding Pomegranates - 6 posts
Finding rental demand - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x