Cancelling my telephone service

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
26 Jan 2011 12:00 AM by bernardrose Star rating in Telford England / Mi.... 16 posts Send private message

I have phoned Telephonica on many occasions to cancel my phone rental. They ask for my address to send a form that as to be faxed back, but it never arrives. They put me on hold then the phone goes dead after ten minutes. I am at my wits end. Should I just cancel my direct debit and wait to be cut off.

Like 0      
26 Jan 2011 3:01 PM by joanmalaga Star rating in Costa del Sol. 419 posts Send private message

Do you mean cancelling your line completely?

If so you need to ask them for a fax number, send them a letter telling them to cancel it from whatever date and then make sure to tell the bank not to allow any more payments.

Its a lot easier to do it in a shop.  What area are you in???

Joan

Like 0      
26 Jan 2011 4:17 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I am trying to re- negotiate my rental as the 12 months is up next month. They won't play ball by email, so I asked them for cancellation details and received this:

we send you information if you prefer to manage by fax or by mail, we inform you about can request removal via fax to902 104 132 stating your personal details, a copy of which had contracted with the line and the phone number or by mail by sending the same documentation to the post 1000.08080 Barcelona."

Not sure where anything would actually go if you posted to that address though? They also gave me 00 34 917 073 921 to ring for English speaking from outside UK (1p per minute if using 18185)

Mark

Like 0      
26 Jan 2011 4:33 PM by bernardrose Star rating in Telford England / Mi.... 16 posts Send private message

Joan

I did ask them for the fax number. They said they would post a form that I had to fill in then fax that back to them. But they did not send it to me. They said they would not accept a fax from me unless it was that form.

My house is in the Mijas area.

Like 0      
26 Jan 2011 4:38 PM by bernardrose Star rating in Telford England / Mi.... 16 posts Send private message

Markfish,

Thanks for your info. I think I will try that English phone number.

Like 0      
26 Jan 2011 4:54 PM by joanmalaga Star rating in Costa del Sol. 419 posts Send private message

bernardrose, there is a shop in el zoco in Calahonda called Movil office and they do everything from there, they are telefonica agents, their telephone number is 952939302, ask to speak to Paco, i think they are only open in the morning.

Joan

Like 0      
26 Jan 2011 5:00 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

If you do, I would be interested to know how long it takes for yo to speak to someone s I may go down that route instead of writing to them.

Mark

Like 0      
26 Jan 2011 5:14 PM by bernardrose Star rating in Telford England / Mi.... 16 posts Send private message

Joan,

Thanks Joan, but I am in the UK till Easter. So I will try the English phone number. Incidentley there was a Movil shop in Fuengirola, I went there last year and they really did not want to know.

Bernard

Like 0      
26 Jan 2011 5:22 PM by joanmalaga Star rating in Costa del Sol. 419 posts Send private message

bernardrose, you can call Paco from the UK and he may well be able to give you a solution.  Around the Mijas Costa area he is well known for being the only one who can sort this kind of things out.,

Joan

Like 0      
26 Jan 2011 5:25 PM by bernardrose Star rating in Telford England / Mi.... 16 posts Send private message

Joan,

Thank you Joan, I will give it a try.

Bernard

Like 0      
26 Jan 2011 5:59 PM by CDA services Star rating in Condado de Alhama. 22 posts Send private message

Telefonica are probably the worst unscrupulous company in Spain!

Whatever they tell you is a lie, it is what the operators are trained to do to never let you cancel.

The only sure fire way to cancel is to send a beurofax to the address on your bill.
State that you do not want to continue and that you will stop your payment from the day after your next bill due. Just stopping the payment without a beurofax notification will just mean that you incur more fees as you have ‘never notified them of the cancellation’.
Look up beurofax in the internet and you will get full details of how to send one, it is a legal document that Telefonica cannot ignore!
It is terrible that the consumer organization do not reel Telefonica/Movistar into account. One feels that money is being paid somewhere to keep things sweet for them (oops, did I almost mention corruption! In Spain! What was I thinking!!!)

Andy.

www.condadoservices.com

Like 0      
27 Jan 2011 9:13 AM by bernardrose Star rating in Telford England / Mi.... 16 posts Send private message

Andy,

Everything you say does ring true from my past experiences of trying to cancel. I will check out beurofax. Thanks.

Bernard

Like 0      
27 Jan 2011 10:05 AM by guslopez Star rating in Lorca, Murcia.. 745 posts Send private message

They've always sent me the form to fax back when I've wanted to cancel. having said that theyare prbably the worst company in spain to deal with & 73% of all OMIC complaints each year area about Telefonica !

Todos somos Lorca.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

coming to a Town near you!!?? - 0 posts
Holiday bookings - 2 posts
Vote - 1 posts
sky t.v - 2 posts
Selling a property and tax - 6 posts
Long Term Rentals - 1 posts
SMALL DOG CAGE FOR SALE - 0 posts
CHIRRINGUITOS - 26 posts
Wedding Help!!! - 2 posts
Spinning Classes - Los Alcazares - 4 posts
long term debtors - 11 posts
De-seeding Pomegranates - 6 posts
Finding rental demand - 0 posts
Best Deals From Internet Providors - 3 posts
Do I need this job?? - 4 posts
New Community - 1 posts
Community Bank Statement - 6 posts
Buying a Lottery Ticket in Spain - 6 posts
Honda Shadow VT750C - 0 posts
Salsa - 3 posts
empty van coming to spain from notts UK to mazzaron area - 0 posts
Changing a Community Constitution - 11 posts
World record attempt for longest job queue in Madrid today - 1 posts
UK Televisions in Spain - 9 posts
Relocating to Malaga area..... but where would suit my needs?? - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 13

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x