Increase of rent due to IPC/CPI - spanish one or not

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
26 Jan 2011 12:00 AM by Peejee Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hi,

The fact that the rent in spain increases with the IPC is not new to me. But I live in Barcelona, and my landlady has updated the rent with over 3%, while I read on a European statistics site it was under 2%. But when I looked up the IPC in Catalunya, I got 3%. Is it the IPC of the autonomous community or the Spanish one - anybody knows ?

Thanks !

Like 0      
27 Jan 2011 1:44 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

I always thought that the IPC applied was the one for Spain, which is currently 3%.  I wasn't aware there was a different IPC for each community.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
27 Jan 2011 1:47 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Accordint to provision 18 of the Urban Rental Act, it is the National one which applies.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
27 Jan 2011 7:54 PM by Peejee Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Many thanks ! I now figured it out. It is a very strange system here in spain (not surprisingly !!!).

It looks at the variation in IPC from the month you started your contract until the next 12 months. If I get it correctly, If you sign in a month with a low IPC, you have bad luck, if you start in a month with a high IPC you are lucky.

I would have expected the average increase in IPC during 12 months ! Which is the case in most coutries I know of. But hey. Mine is 3, the average 1.8 - bad luck. I will still try to negotiate now though. In this economical climate it is not the time to increase the rent, and mine is already very high.

Thanks for your help !

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Ocean View Properties - 3 posts
Community fee help - 9 posts
Cancelling my telephone service - 12 posts
coming to a Town near you!!?? - 0 posts
Holiday bookings - 2 posts
Vote - 1 posts
sky t.v - 2 posts
Selling a property and tax - 6 posts
Long Term Rentals - 1 posts
SMALL DOG CAGE FOR SALE - 0 posts
CHIRRINGUITOS - 26 posts
Wedding Help!!! - 2 posts
Spinning Classes - Los Alcazares - 4 posts
long term debtors - 11 posts
De-seeding Pomegranates - 6 posts
Finding rental demand - 0 posts
Best Deals From Internet Providors - 3 posts
Do I need this job?? - 4 posts
New Community - 1 posts
Community Bank Statement - 6 posts
Buying a Lottery Ticket in Spain - 6 posts
Honda Shadow VT750C - 0 posts
Salsa - 3 posts
empty van coming to spain from notts UK to mazzaron area - 0 posts
Changing a Community Constitution - 11 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x