Best Deals From Internet Providors

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
25 Jan 2011 12:00 AM by miket Star rating in La Mairena, Elviria. 371 posts Send private message

I have have some friends who've just arrived on the CDS and they are looking out for the best value Internet deals for a 1Year Contract. They need at least 3mb Download Speed. I use Telefonica for my Landline and ADSL that costs arpund €46 a month for 10mb. They don't really need Landline as they use SKYPE for calling around Europe and Spanish Mobiles over in Spain.

Any up to date Info would be Appreciated!

Mike T

Like 0      
25 Jan 2011 9:35 AM by JeffSears Star rating. 36 posts Send private message

As usual it all depends on how your friends use the internet.

For light usage simply go down to your local biblioteca with your wi-fi laptop and browse for free.

Pre-paid mobile also works fine for e-mails and light browsing.

However if your friends want to use SKYPE they really need a landline internet connection, it soon uses up your pre-paid allowance.

All the major suppliers are gradually reducing prices but internet and phone costs are still far higher in Spain than in the UK. Most contracts are for 18 or 24 months so pre-paid may be the answer but again it depends on usage.

Where I live some neighbours share the cost if the wi-fi signal is strong enough to be received in more than one house. With spanish houses this is not normally a problem as the walls are so thin.

Like 0      
25 Jan 2011 11:26 AM by miket Star rating in La Mairena, Elviria. 371 posts Send private message

Thanks for your comments Jeff.

My friends want access from home for their 12 month stay so it may be best to go for a reasonable Prepay deal.

I hear the new Vodafone dongle is now a lot faster and a Company called Telitec have a fast Wireless 12 month deal but I don't have any references for them?

Mike T

Like 0      
25 Jan 2011 1:13 PM by amep75 Star rating. 79 posts Send private message

telitec is the national phone company just go into a movie star phone shop they will do contact while you wait cost fone and internet 40 euro month they install for you and set up computer to use it too better than bt

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Do I need this job?? - 4 posts
New Community - 1 posts
Community Bank Statement - 6 posts
Buying a Lottery Ticket in Spain - 6 posts
Honda Shadow VT750C - 0 posts
Salsa - 3 posts
empty van coming to spain from notts UK to mazzaron area - 0 posts
Changing a Community Constitution - 11 posts
World record attempt for longest job queue in Madrid today - 1 posts
UK Televisions in Spain - 9 posts
Relocating to Malaga area..... but where would suit my needs?? - 4 posts
linda - 0 posts
How are things on the Canary Islands? - 0 posts
Bistro Glass Bar Table & 2 Gas Lift Stools - 0 posts
Sharing Van from Uk to Spain... - 0 posts
iPad help!!!! - 6 posts
Lots of questions... need advice please - 29 posts
It isn't letting me post my thread! :( - 8 posts
photos Casa Playa Balanegra - 0 posts
DJ - 0 posts
Thanks - 1 posts
Spanish Mortgages - 3 posts
Empty removal van space (North East to London) - 0 posts
Cleaning Key Holding - 3 posts
Purchase complete at long last - HELP ! - 7 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x