4,900 Euros of bookings for our villa in 1 day!!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
18 Nov 2010 12:00 AM by mikelord Star rating in Roda. 148 posts Send private message

Hi all,

We hadn't had any enquiries for our rental villa for several weeks, but yesterday all that changed. Not only did we received several enquiries, but also almost 5,000 Euros of confirmed (deposit paid) bookings in ONE day. One of these enquiries was for a pre-paid 12 month let which we had to decline due to our previous rental commitments.

All the above were generated from one site from which we receive 98% of all our bookings, not sure if forum rules allow me to post details here, so if your interested PM me.

Good luck to all you renters!

Mike

Michael Lord

www.HealthandBeautyAbroad.com

Like 0      
18 Nov 2010 11:50 AM by jdmrhs Star rating in Alternate between En.... 53 posts Send private message

Hi Mike,

Great to hear you have found a good source for advertising your villa.  I have sent you an e mail to ask for the site.

Thanks

Joan

Like 0      
18 Nov 2010 3:02 PM by summer1010 Star rating. 62 posts Send private message

summer1010´s avatar

Please do share the site with all of us!!  Good to hear of your great news.

Like 0      
18 Nov 2010 4:54 PM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

I hope it's not nigerian scammers

Like 0      
18 Nov 2010 9:50 PM by mikelord Star rating in Roda. 148 posts Send private message

Hi Faro,

No, not Nigerian scammers. The site I use handles all payments & FULL payment is made 2 months BEFORE the booking starts.

Talking of scammers, we almost sold this rental property 18 months ago for the full asking price, a couple loved it so much they wanted our bank account details to send 30K deposit to. We refused & insisted on a contract of sale, they even returned to sign it and give us their passport copies, but they nor the money were seen again. Needless to say we informed our bank that we had given out our details, but for them NOT to make any new payments, just in case! They even had an eldely couple with them when viewing who were in their 80's - very strange! We closed that bank account soon afterwards.

We've also had another scammer pretending to buy (without viewing) & wanted our bank details to send a deposit, funnily enough we refused.

Cheers,

Mike

Michael Lord

Like 0      
19 Nov 2010 2:20 PM by summer1010 Star rating. 62 posts Send private message

summer1010´s avatar

so who is this wonderful company?  Sounds too good to be true and you know what that means!

www.golfapartment.co.uk

Like 0      
19 Nov 2010 2:32 PM by TP1 Star rating in Milton Keynes and Ca.... 161 posts Send private message

Way to mysterious and too good to be true .... so i am with summer1010 on this!

Like 0      
19 Nov 2010 2:42 PM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

We are all skeptics here.

If you are talking about any business then you should name them as this is a discussion forum.

Like 0      
19 Nov 2010 2:44 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

If you pm Mike, he'll send you a reply. I did   As it is classed as advertising and not allowed on general forum.

This message was last edited by Candyfloss on 19/11/2010.

Like 0      
19 Nov 2010 2:46 PM by TP1 Star rating in Milton Keynes and Ca.... 161 posts Send private message

It's getting more like pyramid selling with every post  

Like 0      
19 Nov 2010 2:54 PM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

I thought it was OK to mention a business.

I know I have recommended lots based on personal experience trying to help others out etc

Like 0      
19 Nov 2010 3:01 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Ah, true Faro,

Guess it's the same as recommending a restaurant really. I think Mike wasn't sure if it was allowed, I wasn't either truth be told.

Like 0      
19 Nov 2010 3:35 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

OK, Mike, a couple of members have contacted me concerned about your PMs.  They have forwarded me a copy of the messages you are sending to people here and I need to address this now.

The company you are talking about is VillaRenters.  They are just a rentals portal like HolidayLettings, Holiday-Rentals, etc.  From our own tests, they ALL can work very well.  Have you tried them all?

You are including your affiliate link in the message you are sending to people, so trying to make money from those who click your link and then sign up for the service therefore making you a commission. 

The fact that you have used the forum to generate those "leads" is strictly against the terms of use of this website.  It is practically advertising.

You seem to have offered no evidence of your bookings therefore how can anyone believe what you are saying, apart from the fact that you are trying to make some money out of them?

This is an open forum and you should at least be open and honest with people.

I won't delete this thread or block your PM facility but it's important for people to know what you are doing and I ask that you you do not repeat this again on this website.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
19 Nov 2010 6:48 PM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

what is it about Spain that makes people want to earn a commission from a recommendation?

that's why I don't trust people out here!

Like 0      
19 Nov 2010 7:04 PM by mikelord Star rating in Roda. 148 posts Send private message

Ouch!!!

Sorry, thought I was doing people a favour. Yes the company is Villarenters, if people want to use them without using my link, no problem go directly to their website. I have used them for 18 months & have obtained over 30,000 Euros of bookings from my single listing. If you don't want to believe me thats fine.

Obviously I won't be answering any more PM's about this, which I thought were PRIVATE messages, my mistake!

Good luck to everyone wanting / trying to rent in Spain.

Michael Lord

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Spanish mortgages and life cover - 0 posts
Shopping on a Sunday? - 8 posts
Alicante Airport Rip Off and Price Fixing - 3 posts
Reform of the Spanish legal system - 48 posts
Importing New & Used Cars From Jersey - 3 posts
unions in international schools - 1 posts
Over 3,000Euros raised for F.A.M.A. by Business 1st - 0 posts
Anyone feeling the cold yet? - 35 posts
Cashback debit card - 0 posts
Looking for publishers - 2 posts
Hi everyone in EOS - 9 posts
TAX CGT refund.. - 3 posts
Legal or not? - 9 posts
Established magazine for sale in Murcia - 0 posts
Leading Andalucian Building developer Noriega collpases & PRASA to follow suit - 7 posts
Moving to either Benalmadena or Fuengirola - 6 posts
ps3 game for sale - 0 posts
Can Spain ever self correct? - 21 posts
Reel to Reel tape recorder/player wanted - 1 posts
Collections from the UK - 1 posts
Steve & Dave in Turis - 1 posts
FOR SALE RENAULT SCENIC..... - 5 posts
the real camposol? advice from people who live there please! - 20 posts
I'm Coming Back - 2 posts
Neil Diamond night on BBC 2 - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 15

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x