Alicante Airport Rip Off and Price Fixing

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 Nov 2010 12:00 AM by bilboles Star rating in Somerset & Valencia .... 6 posts Send private message

bilboles´s avatar

Hi Folks,

Don't know if I am the only one who has noticed this, but I am getting fed up at being ripped off at Alicante airport for a bottle of water, 750ml priced at €3.45, bl**dy awful, considering you can get the same bottle at Bristol airport for £0.99p which I think is steep compared to supermarket prices. On top of the over pricing you will find if you try to purchase the same bottle of water in any of the food areas in Alicante, it is the same price, is this not price fixing?

I have complained about this to my local euro MP, a waste of time, and also the EU commision for Air Travellers, again a waste of time, I wish I had the brains to set up and on-line pettion thing, I bet there are a lot of folks that are not happy with this situation, especially those with kids trying to travel through this God awful airport.

Like 0      
17 Nov 2010 7:57 PM by Marysafc Star rating in Harrow and Peñiscola. 113 posts Send private message

I have taken an empty plastic water bottle through security and filled it up air side. As I am not a bottled water drinker I am not bothered about tap water and I am still here and no upset stomach

No I'm not a skinflint,  just like value for money! 

Like 0      
18 Nov 2010 8:59 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

It's not just Alilcante airport either.  I was complaining recently about the prices at Malaga airport.

In fact, we found that food a drink was actually cheaper on the plane (Ryanair) than it was at the airport.  Suffice to say we no longer buy anything at the airport.  They are a total rip off I agree.

I'm not a skin flint either but I just don't like being ripped off.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
18 Nov 2010 10:46 AM by tech Star rating in Maidstone/Turre when.... 83 posts Send private message

Hi all,

Easyjet boast that their in flight food and drink prices are cheaper than the airports.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Reform of the Spanish legal system - 48 posts
Importing New & Used Cars From Jersey - 3 posts
unions in international schools - 1 posts
Over 3,000Euros raised for F.A.M.A. by Business 1st - 0 posts
Anyone feeling the cold yet? - 35 posts
Cashback debit card - 0 posts
Looking for publishers - 2 posts
Hi everyone in EOS - 9 posts
TAX CGT refund.. - 3 posts
Legal or not? - 9 posts
Established magazine for sale in Murcia - 0 posts
Leading Andalucian Building developer Noriega collpases & PRASA to follow suit - 7 posts
Moving to either Benalmadena or Fuengirola - 6 posts
ps3 game for sale - 0 posts
Can Spain ever self correct? - 21 posts
Reel to Reel tape recorder/player wanted - 1 posts
Collections from the UK - 1 posts
Steve & Dave in Turis - 1 posts
FOR SALE RENAULT SCENIC..... - 5 posts
the real camposol? advice from people who live there please! - 20 posts
I'm Coming Back - 2 posts
Neil Diamond night on BBC 2 - 0 posts
Breast cancer - 0 posts
glass curtains costa blanca - 0 posts
Playa Flamenca - 8 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x