Moving to either Benalmadena or Fuengirola

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
15 Nov 2010 12:00 AM by el_capitano Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hi,

I am a 25 year old moving to either Benalmadena or Fuengirola later this month. Any advice on which of the 2 places is best to live? I'll be working in Marbella for a several months untill I open a bar in the Benalmadena area.

Also can anyone advice of any good websites for property rental in the area?

Kind Regards

Like 0      
16 Nov 2010 10:17 AM by meggie Star rating in England. 114 posts Send private message

Hi...

Fuengirola and Benalmadena are next to each other with Torremolinos right next to Benalmadena.  This whole strip of coastline is geared for the holiday trade, so it won't matter to where you live...just that Fuenjirola is closer to Marbella.  Personally, we prefer Benalmadena as the old town itself is lovely and still retains that 'Spanish' feel about.

I've always found the best sites for rentals (besides eyeonspain) are www.holidaylettings.co.uk because you can arrange properties by price (which you STILL can't do on ownersdirect.co.uk even though it is, otherwise, a good site).  Also, www.kyero.com is a good one.  Now is a great time to get a long-term let as there's so much out there...you can get yourself a good deal.  We've had some great deals on both long term and short term lets. Don't just take the price on offer on the site. Haggle.

Have you found a bar yet or will you be looking for one?  Do let us know how you get on in your new venture. I hope it all goes well for you!

Megi

Mag

Like 0      
16 Nov 2010 11:00 AM by Crispy Cod Star rating in Fuengirola. 28 posts Send private message

Crispy Cod´s avatar

Hi el capitano,

I also live in Benalmadena as i enjoy the pueblo and arroyo de miel. I work in Fuengirola though and it is also a very nice town and much more flatter than Benalmadena. This suits me fine but i am almost double your age so probably looking for different things to you in  the place i live.

If you are looking for more of a social scene then i would choose Fuengirola as everywhere is within walking distance and there are an abundance of apartments to rent around the town and on the sea front all at reasonable rents.

Plenty to chose from in the way of bars for sale at the moment. I dont know what your budget is but just remember location,location,location. Do not rush and buy the first thing you see as most owners are struggling to sell at the moment so take your time. When you find one you like make visits at different times of the day to see how busy it is. It has been known for sellers to "rent a crowd" when they know they have someone coming to view their bar.

If you need any help or further information please get in touch.

Like 0      
16 Nov 2010 2:05 PM by el_capitano Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Thanks for your kind advice,

Both Benalmadena & Fuengirola sound good places to live for the first 6 months.

To start with I won't have a car, is there a bus/train that goes from Benalmadena/Fuengirola to Marbella? I want to be somewhere within easy reach of transport & shops etc? Which of the 2 places is better?

Also do you know of any local Spanish tutors? As I want to learn Spanish & also I was wondering if anyone could tell me if they know of any gym/lesiure centres in the area?

Thank you

Like 0      
16 Nov 2010 4:44 PM by joanmalaga Star rating in Costa del Sol. 419 posts Send private message

Fuengirola is probably better, there is a bus to Marbella every half an hour, you also have the tran station that will take you all the way to Malaga in the other direction.

Property rental sites for example:

www.malagapisos.com

http://casas.trovit.es/

Good luck!

Joan

Like 0      
16 Nov 2010 5:21 PM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

el capitano - from the questions you are asking I'm wondering if you know what you are getting into?

also if you are going to work initially in Marbella then why not rent there for a while?

Like 0      
14 Jan 2011 4:59 PM by amep75 Star rating. 79 posts Send private message

not sure if you already moved but if you go to benalmadena make sure it is benalmadena costa not the town which is on top of an horrendous hill!!

i live in fuengirola but as a young bloke u wud probably prefern benalmadens

lods of property for rent ant sale took us 2 afternoons to find our  flat

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

ps3 game for sale - 0 posts
Can Spain ever self correct? - 21 posts
Reel to Reel tape recorder/player wanted - 1 posts
Collections from the UK - 1 posts
Steve & Dave in Turis - 1 posts
FOR SALE RENAULT SCENIC..... - 5 posts
the real camposol? advice from people who live there please! - 20 posts
I'm Coming Back - 2 posts
Neil Diamond night on BBC 2 - 0 posts
Breast cancer - 0 posts
glass curtains costa blanca - 0 posts
Playa Flamenca - 8 posts
Car Rental around the Miraflores/Riviera del Sol area - 0 posts
Is it now time to buy? - 21 posts
msb-morenilla abogados -la manga club-murcia-are they still trading? - 2 posts
morenilla abogados -la manga-are they still trading? - 0 posts
A Beautiful Day - 6 posts
Only in America...(Nothing to do with Spain...!) - 3 posts
Community responsibilities & constitution - 3 posts
New Gym at Casares Golf - 1 posts
Electric Cooker & Cooking - 9 posts
SONY BRAVIA 32INCH LCD TV - 1 posts
CITREON C3 FOR SALE - 1 posts
Vistas del Guardiana, Costa Esuri - 0 posts
TRAVELLING BY CAR AND MOTORBIKE FROM SANTANDER TO VERA - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x