Importing New & Used Cars From Jersey

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 Nov 2010 12:00 AM by Pichiclan Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

I am wanting good advice from anyone that can tell me the legal and financial  implications of importing cars from Jersey.

I have a registered address in Jersey (and I am a resident in Spain) so can buy new or pre reg cars along with used on the Island that are left hand drive, obviously on Jersey plates. I understand the process a little if I brought a LHD car from the UK mainland but with Jersey being a VAT free (or nearly) Island the implications of buying and matriculating on to Spanish plates I don't understand and I am finding it difficult to get a definitive answer.

As an example:

2010 - 2011 Audi A8 4.2TDI pre-registered in Jersey is £65062.69 (75471€) on the road. What is the best most cost effective way of getting the car matriculated onto Spanish plates, the same car in Spain is 135.000€

Like 0      
17 Nov 2010 10:24 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

You don't say where you are in Spain but if you contact Tom Milligan in La Marina, near Alicante he knows everything to do with re-registering cars & should be able to advise you.

http://www.reregcar.info/

Like 0      
17 Nov 2010 1:05 PM by Marysafc Star rating in Harrow and Peñiscola. 113 posts Send private message

I would suspect that you would have to pay the VAT just as you would if you imported from Channel Islands to UK - just guessing though.

Like 0      
17 Nov 2010 11:19 PM by midasgold Star rating in Mijas.. 93 posts Send private message

When putting a car on Spanish plates.  My understanding is it matters NOT the actual (correct ?) valuation of your new/used vehicle.What does matter is the Spanish tax department valuation isof it.They have their own (usually higher) valuation system. This system of valuation MAY be 1000%(yes one thousand ) DIFFERENTon older large engined cars.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

unions in international schools - 1 posts
Over 3,000Euros raised for F.A.M.A. by Business 1st - 0 posts
Anyone feeling the cold yet? - 35 posts
Cashback debit card - 0 posts
Looking for publishers - 2 posts
Hi everyone in EOS - 9 posts
TAX CGT refund.. - 3 posts
Legal or not? - 9 posts
Established magazine for sale in Murcia - 0 posts
Leading Andalucian Building developer Noriega collpases & PRASA to follow suit - 7 posts
Moving to either Benalmadena or Fuengirola - 6 posts
ps3 game for sale - 0 posts
Can Spain ever self correct? - 21 posts
Reel to Reel tape recorder/player wanted - 1 posts
Collections from the UK - 1 posts
Steve & Dave in Turis - 1 posts
FOR SALE RENAULT SCENIC..... - 5 posts
the real camposol? advice from people who live there please! - 20 posts
I'm Coming Back - 2 posts
Neil Diamond night on BBC 2 - 0 posts
Breast cancer - 0 posts
glass curtains costa blanca - 0 posts
Playa Flamenca - 8 posts
Car Rental around the Miraflores/Riviera del Sol area - 0 posts
Is it now time to buy? - 21 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x