Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
08 Nov 2010 12:00 AM by jojo Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hi All,

Hope someone can help.

I need to change my aircon units in 2 holiday apartments I have.  Whilst doing this Im considering puting one of these meters that I have heard about so the tenants can pay for it themselves....meaning they may not leave them on all day as Im sure many of you experience.

I phoned the main company - they didnt even answer the phone in the Company Name...I didnt feel very confident.  They have numerous agents that sell and fit these along the coast.

Has anyone had these fitted?  Do they Work?

Also if any could recommend an airconditioning company, reliable, efficiant and reasonably priced...I would be most grateful.

Thank you

Joanne

Like 0      
08 Nov 2010 7:49 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Personally, I wouldn't want to rent a property where you had to put coins in a meter on top of what you had already paid. On that decision, I made the decision to purchase a Ecosensor a couple of years ago (see thread here). It works like an IR sensor for an alarm system. You can set it to switch off your units after 15/ 30/ 45 minutes of inactivity and there is also a night mode so it doesn't keep you awake at night. Using this in conjunction with fans dropped my electricity bill from around 100€ per month in the summer season to around 45- 50€ per month, off setting the £50 per unit cost. We only have a 1 bed apartment, so previously the electricity consumption was a drain on the rental we were getting.

I renewed the batteries this year and it has been a godsend. 

Mar

Like 0      
08 Nov 2010 9:33 PM by rod Star rating in Uk and Spain. 469 posts Send private message

Marksfish

Does this unit work on full blown systems where the unit may be positioned outside of the property and if so can you let me know the website/retailers details and could i install two sensors to one external unit

Regards Rod

www.ournextholiday.co.uk

This message was last edited by rod on 08/11/2010.

Like 0      
08 Nov 2010 9:45 PM by rod Star rating in Uk and Spain. 469 posts Send private message

Marksfish i have found the site and it doesent seem compatible with our type of preinstalled central unit system

Thanks Rod

www.ournextholiday.co.uk

Like 0      
08 Nov 2010 9:47 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

That's a shame, was worth trying though.

Mark

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

anyone book car trawler through fromnt page on EOS website - 6 posts
Seat Alhambra for sale - 2 posts
Family Book Refusal - 5 posts
moving abroad - 7 posts
birds nesting behind air con unit - 1 posts
hi everyone on EOS - 4 posts
Watch BBC iPlayer in Spain without VPN - 24 posts
Best freesat postcode. - 12 posts
Spanish among British - 1 posts
changing from UK Tv back to spanish freeview - 4 posts
Community Satellite / TV Service requirements - 1 posts
For those who rent our their properties for holidays - 13 posts
BBC4 missing - 1 posts
Bank accounts? - 3 posts
Easyjet - 1 posts
Insurance - Any good ones? - 7 posts
Kelly's Bar - New in Duquesa - 3 posts
Condado - New Purchase - 9 posts
Writer + family seeks 3-month let from December 2011 - 3 posts
lost deposit - 34 posts
Steel pet cages for sale - 0 posts
Various items for sale! - 0 posts
whats the weather like currently? - 6 posts
person oriented retirement village - 2 posts
Desktop PCs for sale - 17 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x