Best freesat postcode.

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
06 Nov 2010 12:00 AM by TheBabyHireCentre Star rating in In between the two a.... 48 posts Send private message

TheBabyHireCentre´s avatar

Earlier in the year ITV HD launched their simulcast channel, so I deleted my 'normal' ITV channel from my listings, simples.

Now that BBC ONE HD simulcast has started I have likewise deleted my old BBC one (101) from my Humax freesat box.

But now I occassionaly get a red BBC screen message telling me that at the moment some programming (I am assuming something regional) cannot be shown for all UK areas and a countdown to resumption of normal programming appears.

In short, what postcode would be best to use now (i.e. since BBC one HD launch) that avoids any breaks in transmission and which provides best signal strength/picture quality (I read somewhere that EX postcodes no longer do)?

Thanks in advance to any Sat guru's on here.

Like 0      
08 Nov 2010 12:44 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Not very techy on this sort of stuff, but when we installed our Bush box in Spain to get the Free to Air programmes, we used a postcode from the Channel Islands

Got a much better reception

Now don't ask me what the postcode is as I am in the UK now!

I am sure a Google search would give you all the postcodes in the Channel Islands

Hope this helps.........

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
08 Nov 2010 9:18 PM by bigdavescotsman Star rating in fife, scotland/ maza.... 15 posts Send private message

bigdavescotsman´s avatar

hi there, 

if your using the humax pvr plus receiver don't use the channel islands post code as it stops you from recording certain channels, plus their frequency has recently been changed. try this post code   PL3 5BD. its the strongest bbc1 just now.

hope this helps

Dave

Like 0      
09 Nov 2010 7:19 AM by TheBabyHireCentre Star rating in In between the two a.... 48 posts Send private message

Thank you.

How/why is that the strongest I wonder?

Like 0      
09 Nov 2010 11:08 AM by saffronbilli Star rating in Dorset and Villamart.... 63 posts Send private message

Sorry if this is a stupid question BUT does this mean that you can buy a freesat box in the UK, take it to Spain and it will work???? We pay Torresat €21 amonth when half the time its not being used!

Like 0      
09 Nov 2010 11:52 AM by bigdavescotsman Star rating in fife, scotland/ maza.... 15 posts Send private message

bigdavescotsman´s avatar

every channel has its own frequency some strong some week, if your dish is a 1.35 offset then the strongest channels to use will be bbc1 south west (sky channel 987) and for bbc2 try the wales and northern island, if they don't come through i would suggest a lower decible reading LNB. try to get a 0.1 type low noise. 

saffronbilli

yes, as long as its FREESAT not FREEVIEW!!!!

if it asks for a postcode enter the one i said earlier in the post. especially if your using a small dish ie 1.35m.

anymore trouble feel free to give me a call 634 341 955

Like 0      
09 Nov 2010 12:16 PM by TheBabyHireCentre Star rating in In between the two a.... 48 posts Send private message

Thnkk you very much for the info.

Like 0      
09 Nov 2010 12:56 PM by ossie1 Star rating. 36 posts Send private message

Hello,

I have a Humax freesat, Foxsat recorder,

I am not getting the BBC1 HD channel which started on the 3rd of November, do I have to retune manually. It is not appearimg automatically on start up. Does anyone know how I do this.

Thankyou

Tom...

Like 0      
09 Nov 2010 3:36 PM by bigdavescotsman Star rating in fife, scotland/ maza.... 15 posts Send private message

bigdavescotsman´s avatar

ossie 1

reset and re-tune, it will be there after search has completed.

Like 0      
09 Nov 2010 10:58 PM by mumashine Star rating in Near La Serena Golf,.... 27 posts Send private message

mumashine´s avatar

Hiya - this guy has no end of info on his site and always keeps it uptodate with the latest info - please take a look - I often read his info purely to educate myself.....................

Oops cant seem to add link as being advised my account has not been approved yet I am assigned to The La Senrena Community.

Maybe drop me a note there and I may be able to give you the link.

Regards,

S

Like 0      
15 Mar 2011 3:54 PM by satandpcguy Star rating in Gandia, Valencia. 399 posts Send private message

satandpcguy´s avatar

In answer tot he OPs question:

But now I occassionaly get a red BBC screen message telling me that at the moment some programming (I am assuming something regional) cannot be shown for all UK areas and a countdown to resumption of normal programming appears. In short, what postcode would be best to use now (i.e. since BBC one HD launch) that avoids any breaks in transmission and which provides best signal strength/picture quality (I read somewhere that EX postcodes no longer do)?

There will always be a break, and the BBC1 logo and a countdown, in BBC1HDs service when the local news is on. This is purely down to the fact that they cannot provide all regional BBC1 variations in HD, ther is just not the capacity on the satellites. Until ALL BBC regions are available in HD then this will continue to be the case. ITV1HD does not have all ITV1 regions on there, only a handful, and sometimes shows "go to 103 for your local news" messages on the ITV1HD screen during lcoal news times. And C4 has 5 or 6 regions for adverts, but uses London advertising for C4HD.

www.satandpcguy.com Satellite TV & Sky TV in Spain installers. Costa Blanca, Azahar and Valencia areas.

"Like" us on Facebook

Like 0      
15 Mar 2011 6:51 PM by nigela Star rating. 415 posts Send private message

What is the cheaprst way to record programmes on Freesat in Spain.  In the UK you can buy recordable dvd players with hard disc (quite cheaply on e bay) can you get this sort of thing in Spain?

Like 0      
15 Mar 2011 11:36 PM by mumashine Star rating in Near La Serena Golf,.... 27 posts Send private message

mumashine´s avatar

I am sure John-satandpcguy or bigDavescotsman will be able to advise...................

I was re-reading some of the older stuff on this thread and wondered if I could have your opinions/advice.

I am not yet in Spain full time but have a dish and receive FTV UK TV and was using a real old pace box for a couple of years.  TV was fine for what I wanted but when I originally had it tuned in it must have been set up with a CI postcode as that was what the 'local' TV was.  Again no problem to be honest and I would ocassionally loose BB2 late in the evenings and sometimes some of the other channels would go if the weather was bad etc etc.  But on the whole I was happy.

Back in the summer I took over a Bush freesat box - as I knew it was literally a plug and play box - which it is and only needed me to input a postcode.  In my ignorance and without thinking I used my own which is one for the Dartford Kent area - as given a choice I would like to watch the 'local' TV from an area I am familiar with as opposed to the CI.  Anyway all worked fine, I was receiving my local TV and again I was happy for the amount of TV I watch in Spain.

I know there have been some changes since the new year but I am now receiving the best reception and more channels than I have ever had - which is just great - I get my local ITV TV on 103 - I have all the BBC/HD channels - and even get BB2 most times late at night.

So John and Dave do you think I have just been lucky of late...........or does the freesat box come pre- tuned despite inputting a postcode that doesn't mean too much to anyone else.  I would like some sort of explanation if you can please if only to pass on the info to someone else.

I am also going to bring over a sky box shortly should I be looking to use a CI postcode to tune that in - or do you think I could chance using my own one again.

Thanks guys in advance for your help.

Regards.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Spanish among British - 1 posts
changing from UK Tv back to spanish freeview - 4 posts
Community Satellite / TV Service requirements - 1 posts
For those who rent our their properties for holidays - 13 posts
BBC4 missing - 1 posts
Bank accounts? - 3 posts
Easyjet - 1 posts
Insurance - Any good ones? - 7 posts
Kelly's Bar - New in Duquesa - 3 posts
Condado - New Purchase - 9 posts
Writer + family seeks 3-month let from December 2011 - 3 posts
lost deposit - 34 posts
Steel pet cages for sale - 0 posts
Various items for sale! - 0 posts
whats the weather like currently? - 6 posts
person oriented retirement village - 2 posts
Desktop PCs for sale - 17 posts
COVERA SUNDAY MARKET - 0 posts
help please on a vpo - 4 posts
exterior paint prices - 8 posts
CAR HIRE GATWICK AIRPORT - 1 posts
Vodafone Address - 2 posts
SKY GOLD AND DISCOVERY CHANNEL - 3 posts
spains had its knocks - 10 posts
Moving to Spain: Exchange my UK car - Boxter - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 13

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x