For those who rent our their properties for holidays

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
05 Nov 2010 12:00 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

I thought this video might be of interest to those who rent our their properties for holidays.

It's a video I recorded today.

How To Beat The Top Rentals Portals To The Top Of Google...For FREE

It would be interesting to know if anyone has some success with this.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
11 Feb 2011 2:31 PM by Parmer Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

Hi Justin

Just  a small query - I'm relatively new to this site .. ( however so.. so..grateful that I've joined what a revelation...)

I've recently completed on a purchase of an apartment in Medina Elvira - Granada as part of  the Fairways Project.

I'm planning to fly over in March - now that it's fully furnished, and thereafer looking to rent the apartment via your "advertise your property option' 

• Once I've joined the scheme - can I add the url link to "google places "  ?

and

• When will the calendar option be made available ?

Like 0      
11 Feb 2011 6:17 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I have tried to put my property in the places directory, but every time I remember I am in the UK. Google won't allow you to place a pin in another country to the one you are connected frm, so I really need to remember to finish my listing next week when i'm back out in Spain.

Mark

Like 0      
11 Feb 2011 8:56 PM by rod Star rating in Uk and Spain. 470 posts Send private message

I managed to register our site this afternoon no problem

Rod

www.ournextholiday.co.uk

Like 0      
12 Feb 2011 2:24 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Would I be right in saying that you are in Spain though? I looked at mine again today and Google won't even allow me to select Spain as a Country, it keeps defaulting back to UK.

Mark

Like 0      
13 Feb 2011 11:35 AM by rod Star rating in Uk and Spain. 470 posts Send private message

Try and use another browser this may cure the problem we are in the UK and it worked no problem 

Rod

Like 0      
13 Feb 2011 2:21 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I use Chrome, so tried it with IE8 and Safari, all times it is refusing me a change of country. Annoying really as when Places first started, we were listed, but since then it has been under review!! There is no comeback to Google as there is no way I can see to contact them. May well just make a new listing and see if that works!!

Mark

Like 0      
13 Feb 2011 4:28 PM by rod Star rating in Uk and Spain. 470 posts Send private message

Yes that is strange GOOGLE can be a bit weird and they have no staff to help if you do get a problem

This message was last edited by rod on 13/02/2011.

Like 0      
13 Feb 2011 4:29 PM by rod Star rating in Uk and Spain. 470 posts Send private message

Yes that is strange GOOGLE can be a bit weird and they have no staff to help if you do get a problem I dont know what to suggest

This message was last edited by rod on 13/02/2011.

Like 0      
13 Feb 2011 4:35 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I registered it again, but had to use my Spanish mobile number as it wouldn't allow me to use a UK one. I also noticed that for verification, they send a postcard. I don't like to advertise the full address of the property (i.e. apartment number) because it is a holiday property that could potentially be empty. If I then remove the apartment number, I have to be verified again, and the postcard would never get to me.

Not really sure about it at the moment.

Mark

Like 0      
13 Feb 2011 5:00 PM by rod Star rating in Uk and Spain. 470 posts Send private message

Why dont you have the envelope sent to your property management company or a friend who lives nearby.

Rod

www.ournextholiday.co.uk

Like 0      
13 Feb 2011 5:03 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

The address you show on Google Places is the place it is sent unfortunately . This is why I would like to contact Google about it for some "proper" intervention. There is a category for holiday accommodation, why would you want to put a fuil address to a property that may be empty a lot of the time?

MArk

Like 0      
14 Feb 2011 2:19 PM by rod Star rating in Uk and Spain. 470 posts Send private message

Justin

We have had three excellent enquirys this weekend from GOOGLE  what a great bit of advice

Rod

Ps still waiting for your call about the EYEON SPAIN advertising

www.ournextholiday.co.uk

This message was last edited by rod on 14/02/2011.

Like 0      
14 Feb 2011 4:17 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I've just been looking into my problem on the Google forums, seems holiday rentals aren't supposed to be permitted:

"Ineligible Business Models: Only businesses that make in-person contact with customers qualify for a Google Places listing..Rental properties, such as vacation homes or vacant apartments, are not eligible for a listing on Google Places. Create a listing for the central office that processes the rentals, rather than the individual rental properties. If you'd like, you can then add your real estate properties to Google Maps so that they are available on our Real Estate layer."

Looks like there is a need to "bypass" this condition somewhere, as it seems others are managing.

Mark

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

BBC4 missing - 1 posts
Bank accounts? - 3 posts
Easyjet - 1 posts
Insurance - Any good ones? - 7 posts
Kelly's Bar - New in Duquesa - 3 posts
Condado - New Purchase - 9 posts
Writer + family seeks 3-month let from December 2011 - 3 posts
lost deposit - 34 posts
Steel pet cages for sale - 0 posts
Various items for sale! - 0 posts
whats the weather like currently? - 6 posts
person oriented retirement village - 2 posts
Desktop PCs for sale - 17 posts
COVERA SUNDAY MARKET - 0 posts
help please on a vpo - 4 posts
exterior paint prices - 8 posts
CAR HIRE GATWICK AIRPORT - 1 posts
Vodafone Address - 2 posts
SKY GOLD AND DISCOVERY CHANNEL - 3 posts
spains had its knocks - 10 posts
Moving to Spain: Exchange my UK car - Boxter - 6 posts
MOUNTAIN BIKES - 3 posts
School books - a rip off? - 17 posts
Here we go again!!! Another Nigerian scam!! now advertising properties on this forum!! - 3 posts
BAD NEWS!!! Noriega is about to collapse!! - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 14

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x