spains had its knocks

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
03 Nov 2010 12:00 AM by buildersteve Star rating in alhaurin el grande. 28 posts Send private message

03 Nov 2010 4:54 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

Just cheap advertising and should be removed ASAP.

Like 0      
03 Nov 2010 5:07 PM by buildersteve Star rating in alhaurin el grande. 28 posts Send private message

so you dont think its true then?

Like 0      
03 Nov 2010 5:31 PM by joanmalaga Star rating in Costa del Sol. 419 posts Send private message

As always some will agree and some wont.  For people still working and earning the same as 3 years ago the situation is still good and they have no problems, the situation for the unemployed has obviously changed and so has the situation for pensioners becuase of the exchange rate.

There is always good and bad points, some people love spain and some hate it.

Its a shame that so many programs on British TV ditch the place, i can guarantee you that there are better and worse places, at the end of the day its down to each individual to choose what is good for them.

It is also a shame that so many people are having to go back and that so many companies are abusing this crisis to get rid of people and leave them hanging.

Joan

Like 0      
03 Nov 2010 5:58 PM by buildersteve Star rating in alhaurin el grande. 28 posts Send private message

i agree with your comments joan.

if people have come here thinking that its an easy ride then it doesn't take long to work out that you have to work bloody hard here,we all wish that things could be easier.it is also a shame that people will take advantage of this lean time.but the fact that some people knock this place so easily does amaze me and i guarantee that a large percentage have never actually lived it .

i know for a fact that my kids have spent 8 years of childhood happy and will continue to live every day like an adventure,that for me tells a story in itself.

steve

Like 0      
03 Nov 2010 6:45 PM by David W Star rating. 199 posts Send private message

David W´s avatar

Steve

Much of what you say in your "blog'' hangs easy with me

Shame you didn't just post the content without all the self promotion

Like 0      
04 Nov 2010 1:51 AM by Flybynight Star rating. 60 posts Send private message

Flybynight´s avatar

Steve, EOS has a blog area where you can post your blog as so many do. http://www.eyeonspain.com/blog-create.aspx

Write what you want there & add the URL as your signature.

Like 0      
04 Nov 2010 10:23 AM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

You're too optimistic about Spain in my opinion.  Even the Spanish seem to be abandoning their country judging by the number of Spaniards I've seen (working) in London the past couple of days while I've been here.

Read my blog: Spain Money Saving Tips and Offers 

Use TransferWise to send money abroad. A lot cheaper than the bank and other online currency exchanges!.

Like 0      
04 Nov 2010 4:20 PM by buildersteve Star rating in alhaurin el grande. 28 posts Send private message

the problem is that many people have this magic idea of london ,its a great place to visit but after being born there and living there for 30 + years [parents still living there ] i would put it well down on the list of places to live. yes you can maybe earn more money.money doesnt mean its better and iam sure once the novelty has worn off most will go elsewhere or return.

Like 0      
04 Nov 2010 7:48 PM by normansands Star rating in Kent. 1281 posts Send private message

Dear All,

most of the world has it's problems, so what is new?

Lots of returnees have done so unwillingly but forced by circumstances.

Justin says he almost returned but did not give details - we are to "watch this space".

Some say that they would rather starve than return, they did not mean it of course.

It all depends on ones circumstances but if you want to close Spain's attraction you will have to switch the sun off.

Regards

Norman

Like 0      
04 Nov 2010 8:39 PM by peteha Star rating. 110 posts Send private message

Hi Norman

Great to have you back even though you have destroyed my thread Where Is Norman Sands  ?

You have hit the nail on the head .

Personal circumstances dictate peoples opinion of Spain.

These circumstances can change daily ,weekly or over a longer period of time.

The people who were ripped off even before they could sample the lifestyle

are obviously the most upset and continue to have our support.

Keep posting

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Moving to Spain: Exchange my UK car - Boxter - 6 posts
MOUNTAIN BIKES - 3 posts
School books - a rip off? - 17 posts
Here we go again!!! Another Nigerian scam!! now advertising properties on this forum!! - 3 posts
BAD NEWS!!! Noriega is about to collapse!! - 0 posts
Interesting Article - 1 posts
Looking for good quality 2nd hand furniture. - 1 posts
Hi to EOS. - 5 posts
shutters - 2 posts
LOOKING FOR TORREVIEJO LONG LET - 3 posts
EU: corporate corruption controls - 2 posts
Business 1st Charity Dinner in Aid of F.A.M.A. - 0 posts
rooms to let - 1 posts
Various House Items for Sale - 0 posts
All Saints Day Spain - 0 posts
second hand car - 4 posts
DYS - no cars at Almeria - 0 posts
Question for the legals - 13 posts
long let - 5 posts
Hello - 2 posts
do people prefer shopping online in spain? - 3 posts
car hire - 1 posts
health care for partners that have retired early - 1 posts
Prickly pear Cacti - 9 posts
Car in Murcia or perhaps not - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 11

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x