casares area

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
08 Aug 2010 12:00 AM by noddy Star rating. 150 posts Send private message

Any recommendations on restaurants who are capable of dealing large groups (16)

ps not chinese

Noddy

Like 0      
12 Aug 2010 2:02 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

I'm sure if you book, most restaurants would be able to accommodate that number of people.

There are many great restaurants in the area, what sort of food were you thinking about?

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
12 Aug 2010 6:07 PM by noddy Star rating. 150 posts Send private message

i know most of restaurants and places like roman oasis would be ok but prefer spanish if poss but cannot think of any who could cope service wise with a party of 16

noddy

Like 0      
13 Aug 2010 10:04 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

If you're after seafood then I suggest you go to "La Sal" which is the chiringuito by the Casares roundabout.  It's owned by some Spanish friends of ours and they have plenty of staff, so they could handle 16 easily.  You WILL need to book though.

If you want "venta" style food then "La Choza" is probably your best bet.  It's on road after the Casares roundabout heading towards Sabinillas.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
13 Aug 2010 11:58 AM by buzylizzie Star rating in Gibraltar, Manilva a.... 192 posts Send private message

buzylizzie´s avatar

San Rafael is one of my favourites .... on the main road past Sabbi and Duquesa, on the left hand side if heading towards Gib.

They're very reasonably priced too. They have everything from meats to fish, good service and the drinks are cheap. You would need to book but they could handle 16 easily.

Like 0      
13 Aug 2010 12:03 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

We went to San Rafael a couple of years ago but when they brought out a whole baby pig for the table next to us we never could go back.   We were too traumatised

Justin

Like 0      
13 Aug 2010 2:37 PM by buzylizzie Star rating in Gibraltar, Manilva a.... 192 posts Send private message

buzylizzie´s avatar

Well it's definitely Spanish!

Like 0      
14 Aug 2010 4:46 PM by noddy Star rating. 150 posts Send private message

i thought it was closed

Like 0      
15 Aug 2010 12:32 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Both San Rafael and La Choza are still open.

La Choza is our fav for a nice meal in a lovely atmos, however I must warn you that if you are like me and you like Steak, then unless you like it as if it has just come of the cow, then ordere it how you like it cooked (Eg Medium to Well done) and say "No blood!".

The first time I ordered a Steak Medium to Well done at San Rafeal, I cut into it and all I can say is there was a river! Yuck!

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Looking for Work in Spain - 3 posts
Home need for 3 cats - 1 posts
Spanish Inheritance Tax - Chapter 1 by Jose M.Lopez Avalos - 0 posts
Advice on spanish taxes - 4 posts
bank charge, can anyone help ? - 1 posts
"Hello?'the voice from Northeast - 1 posts
Death Of A Tenant - 1 posts
need to put fire inset in fireplace-winter months to keep warm - 3 posts
SELLING A PROPERTY - 3 posts
7.5 Tonne truck has to go. - 2 posts
MOT in Gibraltar - 4 posts
directions from Ikea back to Condado. - 0 posts
2620 - 0 posts
6 Month Rental Request - Advice Please! - 6 posts
A bit of help needed please - 8 posts
Advertising Information - 2 posts
Hola Everyone :) - 1 posts
Gas Plancha required also Coffee Machine - 3 posts
Delivery to UK - 0 posts
Spain flights 2011 - 3 posts
what does "eres una máquinba" mean - 4 posts
Best Tariff = Iberdrola - 14 posts
last two electricity bills have been estimated??!! - 13 posts
Ubiquitous Mortgages - 2 posts
Hotels in Seville - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x