Best Tariff = Iberdrola

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 Aug 2010 12:00 AM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

Help required please. Someone told me that some tariffs are higher because of a green system, but that it can be changed to a cheaper tariff if the consumer asks = my question is how do I know if I´m on this higher tariff: can I tell from looking at the bill or is it more complacated than that?

Thanks

Like 0      
04 Aug 2010 4:40 PM by gcarton Star rating. 144 posts Send private message

Yes it happened to us. They automatically put us on "green" tarriff initially. This is around 15 cents per kilowatt. We have now moved down to the basic rate at around 11 cents. There is also the option of day/night tarriff, which is around 6 cents for nightime and 15 cents for daytime, however nightime rate does not kick in untill 10pm, just when you don't need aircon.

Like 0      
04 Aug 2010 7:19 PM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

Thanks for the info. How did you go about changing your tariff?

Like 0      
04 Aug 2010 7:19 PM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

Thanks for the info. How did you go about changing your tariff?

Like 0      
04 Aug 2010 7:42 PM by gcarton Star rating. 144 posts Send private message

We went down to the local TV shop who is the Iberdrola agent for our town, Puerto Mazarron. You could also email them, as I think they will reply in English if you don't feel upto doing in it in Spanish.

Guy

Like 0      
04 Aug 2010 10:44 PM by pwilsinspain Star rating. 20 posts Send private message

My brother lives here and in one month he saved 42% by changing to night and day tarrif and using timers on water heaters and pool pumps etc.  Change it at any iberdroa office, just take a recent iberdrola bill and passport or nie card.

Like 0      
05 Aug 2010 2:22 AM by kev2006n Star rating in Sussex and Playa Fla.... 344 posts Send private message

Does the standing charge increase? Do they just come out and change the meter or is there more to it. Our meter is set away from the property in a cupboard so they would not need access to our property? Thanks Kevin

Like 0      
05 Aug 2010 9:42 AM by gcarton Star rating. 144 posts Send private message

No, nothing happens to standing charge or meter. You just get two bills for the period, one upto the date you requested the change, and another for the period after at the new rate. The reading for this is based on usage, divided by days in period, times number of days - if you follow.

Like 0      
05 Aug 2010 9:50 AM by kev2006n Star rating in Sussex and Playa Fla.... 344 posts Send private message

I thought they would have to change the meter to have one with 2 lots of readings, like economy 7 in the UK? Otherwise are they just estimating the amount used on the cheaper and more expensive rate? Thanks Kevin

Like 0      
05 Aug 2010 10:44 AM by gcarton Star rating. 144 posts Send private message

Sorry don't know about economy seven as we switched to basic tarriff. A neighbour did switch but can't remember a meter change being required. Sorry, but best if you ask Iberdrola on this one.

Like 0      
05 Aug 2010 11:02 AM by lindaw164 Star rating in Glasgow and Jardins .... 253 posts Send private message

lindaw164´s avatar

Guy

Could you please tell me where the local TV shop is in P D Mazarron?

Thanks

Like 0      
05 Aug 2010 11:19 AM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 689 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

Hi - I have the dual system and they do have to come out and change the meter.  I think there is a small charge for this but can't remember!  You can do it by phone and once you get an english speaking person it is very easy. 

I only put my aircon on to get to sleep and then during the night if I wake up so it is perfect for me.  I just make sure the washing machine and dishwasher go on in the morning or when I go to bed and am hoping this will save me lots of money!

Like 0      
05 Aug 2010 11:55 AM by gcarton Star rating. 144 posts Send private message

It is what we call the "TV Shop" on the high street. It is facing the square with tourist information office very close to the new pedestrian crossing. WIth your back to the Tourist Office look across thr road slightly to the right just going round the bend. It is a maroon fronted shop with electrical appliances in the window. There is a a small Iberdrola sign.

Guy

This message was last edited by gcarton on 05/08/2010.

Like 0      
05 Aug 2010 11:23 PM by alexa Star rating. 71 posts Send private message

We are on the day/night rate and we had to pay just under 11euros to have a new meter put in. The night rate carries on until lunchtime so you basically get it for 14 hours in a 24hour period and as it is less than half the price per unit than the basic rate we think it probably works out cheaper as you could run things like air-con for twice as long even at the day rate and still pay no more than the basic for the 10 hours you are on the higher rate.  We have only had estimated bills so far since we switched so don't know yet how much we will save.

Hope this helps

Jan

Like 0      
06 Aug 2010 7:52 AM by Sparks in Spain Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Iberdrola do a night and day tariff which is what you are referring to.  You technically get a 14 hour window where your kw/H rate is cheaper than the standard rate.  At the moment the hours for this cheap rate are 10pm until 12noon the following day.

Although this tariff is designed to be used in conjunction with night storage central heating systems, savings can still be made if you use your pool pump, dishwasher, hot water tank, washing machine etc during this window.

The information is available on the Iberdrola Website (which is now in English), but the rates from 1st September 2010 will be ç

0.145260/kwH Peak Times  and off Peak will be 0.060736/kw/h

To go onto this tariff all you have to do is ring Iberdrola on 901 20 20 20 and tell them you want to change over to their night and day tariff.  The process normally takes a week and you will be charged anywhere between 10 to 30 euros depending on your current tariff.

It is that simple.

Regards

Tony Poole

Sparks Electrical Services

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

last two electricity bills have been estimated??!! - 13 posts
Ubiquitous Mortgages - 2 posts
Hotels in Seville - 6 posts
Spanish propertyowned by a UK Company - 1 posts
Murcia region info - 2 posts
cost of a 4,4kw electricity unit with endesa - 1 posts
the uk gov. stealing money off the poorest - 61 posts
Spanish Car HPI check - 1 posts
BANK GUARANTEES PETITION - LEY 57/68 - 85 posts
EHIC for Spanish Nationals - 7 posts
ice cream - 5 posts
BANK GUARANTEES PETITION - LEY 57/68 - 2 posts
spanish lessons - 3 posts
FREE HEALTHCARE? - 8 posts
Internet Savvy Person Wanted - 4 posts
ESCUDERO PROMOTORS - 3 posts
can I ask the elecricity & water company to do a real reading before renters move in my apt? - 1 posts
Car Recovery from Malaga to Orihuela - 2 posts
Nationwide changes - 79 posts
Success claiming under a bank guarantee - 41 posts
driving in alicante city - 2 posts
Registration for Municipal Election - 2 posts
RYANAIR WINTER FLIGHTS TO MURCIA - 23 posts
QUOTES PLEASE FOR CUPBOARD UNDER STAIRS INSIDE JARDINES APARTMENT - 3 posts
hello - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 15

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x