last two electricity bills have been estimated??!!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 Aug 2010 12:00 AM by chicadeb Star rating. 32 posts Send private message

Hi,

Has anyone else had their last two electricity bills estimated?  The last one that I've just received should have been a real reading but it said estimated on the bill.  Could it be because the previous estimated was about 50 euros and I was away for the whole month so I still have credit left for this month?

Also, I can see my spanish electricity bills online from the UK (Endesa).  Does anyone know if I can do this with Aquagest (water company) too?

Many thanks

Like 0      
04 Aug 2010 1:30 PM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

Maybe it's because the electricity company's staff are away on holiday?  Businesses pretty much shut down for July and August in Spain.

Read my blog: Spain Money Saving Tips and Offers 

Use TransferWise to send money abroad. A lot cheaper than the bank and other online currency exchanges!.

Like 0      
07 Sep 2010 1:34 PM by Arabiansand Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

I am completely confused with my electric bills.  I have a direct debit and sometimes two different amounts are deducted in one month and  high amounts charged for months the apartment was unoccupied.  There's no consistency whatsoever and I'm pretty sure I'm being overcharged.   I'm guessing these are ALL estimated bills but I have no idea how to sort it.

Does EE in front of the reference number mean Estimated?  All I ever see are the direct debit slips from my bank.  How do you get online access to your bills with Endesa? 

Thanks. 

Like 0      
07 Sep 2010 3:21 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

arabiansand;

quote; Does EE in front of the reference number mean Estimated? unquote..

In a word , no...the EE stands for Endesa Energia and is the new (since Jan1st, 2010) name for Endesa; its probably followed by XXI; this too is a part of the company name.

Do you not get paper bills posted to your Spanish address?

In order to get online access to Endesa you will need among other things a paper copy of your last bill; the number of the bill is just one of the rerquired fields in the online application.

Bills are normally sent out monthly and take the form of an estimated bill one month followed by a true reading bill the next, so the meter is actually read 6 times a year. This sometimes hiccups during July / August when the meter readers ars away on holiday as Sanchez suggests.

fb

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
07 Sep 2010 9:22 PM by irenemontague Star rating in liverpool/carvajal . 794 posts Send private message

Hi on the left top side of the electricity bill under consumo electrico it will say Lectura estimada this is estimated

then it will say Lectura real this is  meter read Irene

Like 0      
09 Sep 2010 8:38 AM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

I had to go into Aguamed on my last trip out to Spain because my bills were exceptionally high.   It's a long story so I won't bore you all with it but they took my contact details in UK and my email.  So I would have thought that you could arrange to view your bill on-line.

Like 0      
09 Sep 2010 10:55 AM by growler Star rating in Birmingham & Benejúz.... 164 posts Send private message

Likewise, I can't make head nor tail or how they make the bills up! (we're with Iberdrola)

We've had our place since Jan08 so we'll say 33 months, apart from 3x 2 week hols and a few weekends here and there, the place has been unoccupied. I've asked president of community but apparently NO-ONE is allowed access to meter room (i.e. if you wish to read your own meter).

Would be interested to hear how our amounts compare with others. In chronological order our bills have been as follows;

Year 1 (bi-monthly) 9.62 + 26.01 + 29.42 + 24.99 + 61.39 + 25.38 = 176.81  (average 14.73pm) 

Year 2 (monthly) 12.48 + 12.92 + 13.04 + 12.32 + 15.09 + 10.28 + 26.30 + 34.71 + 24.02 + 11.58 + 26.52 + 9.99 = 209.25 (avg 17.44pm

Year 3 (monthly), with 8 months so far.. 20.68 + 14.72 + 47.88 + 14.72 + 11.65 + 13.31 + 16.30 = 139.26 (avg 17.41).

So it seems average is now running at around €17.

We have a place in Ireland also unoccupied (we're not very good at this are we!) and the standing charge there is a constant €0.336 per day (about €10pm), so spain is very expensive by comparison. 

Anyone got a comparison?

Like 0      
09 Sep 2010 12:22 PM by Arabiansand Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hi,

If it's any comfort I think you've gotten off lightly.  This year I've been renting my apartment out for holiday rents so electric bills have obviously been higher.  I just had a direct debit for 147.74 for August alone and 90.60 for July which made me gulp.

Last year however, the apartment was occupied at most 3 weeks in the whole year and yet my MONTHLY bills were: 45.58 + 27.34 + 47.10 + 50.53 +84.36 + 13.27 + 13.27 + 13.26 + 25.59 + 60.61 +31.97 + 71.10.

The bills in addition to community fees which are high in the Miraflores area, not to mention the cost of advertising and cleaning charges for holiday rents, has made me think seriously about selling.  At the moment I'm not even sure I cover my costs.

Good luck.

Like 0      
09 Sep 2010 12:55 PM by mnj Star rating in L.A. Murcia . 37 posts Send private message

we're with Iberdrola and the last 2 years we spend about 3 days a week in spain

and are bills have been about 150€ a month still up and down to office trying to sort it

might be time to take a lump hammer to it then it will have to be replaced

Like 0      
09 Sep 2010 12:59 PM by growler Star rating in Birmingham & Benejúz.... 164 posts Send private message

Wow.. thats averaging over €40pm with minimal use. I'd expect CDS to be more exp than us paupers up in CB but not to that degree!

Anyone else got a comparison? 

Like 0      
09 Sep 2010 1:03 PM by growler Star rating in Birmingham & Benejúz.... 164 posts Send private message

...."bills have been about 150€ a month"

strewth!!!!!! you've GOT to get your own meter read... thats scandalous 

Like 0      
09 Sep 2010 10:04 PM by mnj Star rating in L.A. Murcia . 37 posts Send private message

i have had meter read and had them out to it will sort it next week went i am out one way or another

Like 0      
10 Sep 2010 8:17 AM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

I'm going to try and list my Iberdola bills here for past 2 years.  I mainly go out October, November, Easter, May and June.  Don't do Summer as it's too hot for me.  Normally go out for 3 weeks each time but this year have increased to 4 as we bought a car in Novermber.  Normally in the spring months when I've been over I haven't had to use my aircon so only using lighting, TV, cooking most days and water heater.  Only thing left on when I leave is the fridge and last trip I bought a plug in bug repellant.

IBERDROLA  
39.94 Nov-09
  Dec-08
25.76 Jan-09
29.53 Feb-09
19.57 Mar-09
9.50 Apr-09
22.18 May-09
21.59 Jun-09
25.47 Jul-09
10.65 Aug-09
14.53 Sep-09
12.27 Oct-09

24.71 Nov-09
13.68 Dec-09
29.39 Jan-10
19.12 Feb-10
18.28 Mar-10
20.75 Apr-10
26.00 May-10
32.12 Jun-10
19.94 Jul-10
15.84 Aug-10
7.23 Sep-10
  Oct-10

I'm in Torrevieja and the bills are normally estimated every other month.  Cant tell you which are estimated but you can see from the first excel list that they changed over from 2 month system Jan 09.

Hope that helps.

This message was last edited by semijubilada on 10/09/2010.

Like 0      
12 Nov 2010 2:50 PM by mnj Star rating in L.A. Murcia . 37 posts Send private message

it could only happen in Spain

electricity still not sorted been down to office in town many times they have sent me to the town hall who have sent me back to the office who sent me back to the town hall 2 months ago the town hall did give a form to fill in and take back which was sent to head office in Madrid and i was told it would be actioned on within 2 weeks but still i have not heard anything so last week e-mailed Iberdola head office and was told my bills are correct  ( last 2 months house locked up and everything switched of but for the alarm just had bill for 170 € ) so told Iberdola again the meter is faulty so was told to contact the meter suppliers who they sub let to when i asked for the phone number was told we don't know it ( if i don't paid the bill how will they contact meter company to take the meter away i wonder !!! )

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Ubiquitous Mortgages - 2 posts
Hotels in Seville - 6 posts
Spanish propertyowned by a UK Company - 1 posts
Murcia region info - 2 posts
cost of a 4,4kw electricity unit with endesa - 1 posts
the uk gov. stealing money off the poorest - 61 posts
Spanish Car HPI check - 1 posts
BANK GUARANTEES PETITION - LEY 57/68 - 85 posts
EHIC for Spanish Nationals - 7 posts
ice cream - 5 posts
BANK GUARANTEES PETITION - LEY 57/68 - 2 posts
spanish lessons - 3 posts
FREE HEALTHCARE? - 8 posts
Internet Savvy Person Wanted - 4 posts
ESCUDERO PROMOTORS - 3 posts
can I ask the elecricity & water company to do a real reading before renters move in my apt? - 1 posts
Car Recovery from Malaga to Orihuela - 2 posts
Nationwide changes - 79 posts
Success claiming under a bank guarantee - 41 posts
driving in alicante city - 2 posts
Registration for Municipal Election - 2 posts
RYANAIR WINTER FLIGHTS TO MURCIA - 23 posts
QUOTES PLEASE FOR CUPBOARD UNDER STAIRS INSIDE JARDINES APARTMENT - 3 posts
hello - 1 posts
Non-Payers on Community - What are the Options - 8 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 14

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x