SELLING A PROPERTY

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
07 Aug 2010 12:00 AM by Gypsy Star rating in south shields/formen.... 206 posts Send private message

Gypsy´s avatar

i AM THINKING OF USING A FIRM CALLED SELL PROPERTY IN SPAIN TO SELL MY APARTMENT.

THEIR WEBSITE IS www.propertyinspain.com  HAS ANYONE EVER DEALT WITH THIS COMPANY ??

THEY STATE ON THEIR WEBSITE THAT ONE OF THEIR PACKAGES IS PAY 700 EUROS UP

FRONT OR 500 EUROS NOW AND 500 EUROS WHEN THE PROPERTY IS SOLD.

ANY REPLIES WOULD BE APPRECIATED OR A PRIVATE MESSAGE IF POSSIBLE

GYPSY

Like 0      
08 Aug 2010 12:53 AM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Never heard of them, but followed your link to look at the website. I can't immediately see anything about listing your property for sale with them, let alone the fees you mentioned. Can you post a link to that specific page?

It seems to me that they are acting as a buyer's agent - "WE DON'T SELL SPANISH PROPERTY, WE HELP YOU BUY IT!", which implies to me that they will try to source a property for a buyer, then either claim a portion of the selling agent's fee, or charge the buyer a fee directly - but it's not clear to me at all from their website what they really do. Perhaps it is just a property for sale listing?

Either way, personally I would think you would be better off listing your property with some local agents, who at most will ask you to pay for a nota simple from the land registry (about €15) up front. OK, they will want 3-5% commission if they sell it, but you can allow for that in the advertised sale price, and there's probably a better chance that they will actually find a buyer. With a UK address, and only a Spanish mobile number on their site, I can't help feeling that you won't get very much for your 500-700€. But that's just my hunch......

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
08 Aug 2010 10:08 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

I can't find the info on their site either.

It's not normal to pay the agent something when selling, they tend to take a commission when they sell and it's the buyer who pays this.

I know many agents are being more fussy over the properties they put on their books but I agree with Roberto, you're better off finding a local agent who won't charge you anything.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
08 Aug 2010 10:29 AM by Gypsy Star rating in south shields/formen.... 206 posts Send private message

Gypsy´s avatar

thanks Justin and Roberto for the replies.

I will take the advice of both of you and list

it with a local agent when I am back in spain

next week.

THANKS AGAIN.

GYPSY

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

7.5 Tonne truck has to go. - 2 posts
MOT in Gibraltar - 4 posts
directions from Ikea back to Condado. - 0 posts
2620 - 0 posts
6 Month Rental Request - Advice Please! - 6 posts
A bit of help needed please - 8 posts
Advertising Information - 2 posts
Hola Everyone :) - 1 posts
Gas Plancha required also Coffee Machine - 3 posts
Delivery to UK - 0 posts
Spain flights 2011 - 3 posts
what does "eres una máquinba" mean - 4 posts
Best Tariff = Iberdrola - 14 posts
last two electricity bills have been estimated??!! - 13 posts
Ubiquitous Mortgages - 2 posts
Hotels in Seville - 6 posts
Spanish propertyowned by a UK Company - 1 posts
Murcia region info - 2 posts
cost of a 4,4kw electricity unit with endesa - 1 posts
the uk gov. stealing money off the poorest - 61 posts
Spanish Car HPI check - 1 posts
BANK GUARANTEES PETITION - LEY 57/68 - 85 posts
EHIC for Spanish Nationals - 7 posts
ice cream - 5 posts
BANK GUARANTEES PETITION - LEY 57/68 - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x