EHIC for Spanish Nationals

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
02 Aug 2010 12:00 AM by Rob in Madrid Star rating in Madrid. 274 posts Send private message

Rob in Madrid´s avatar

here's a question I haven't seen covered yet. How does one get a EHIC card for use in other EU countries?

Seen lots of info on getting one from the UK but what if you live in Spain and return to the UK (or another other country for that matter)?

Thanks

Decided after all I don't like Spanish TV, that is having compared both.

Like 0      
02 Aug 2010 11:52 PM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 689 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

Hi Rob - I asked in my health centre and they said I had to go apply for a new EHIC as my UK one is no longer valid as I am now a Spanish resident.  Your local health centre should be able to tell you which office you need to apply to (cos I can't remember the name at the moment!!)

Like 0      
03 Aug 2010 1:38 AM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

You need to apply to your local Centro de Atención e Información de la Seg. Social (CAISS). You can find your nearest one by calling (free) 900 16 65 65, or online at seg-social.es. There's a search facility, here's a link to centres in Madrid but not knowing whereabouts you are based, I only looked at central Madrid so you may need to use the "buscar centros" facility to find one nearer to you.

Hope this helps?

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
03 Aug 2010 9:17 AM by tfr Star rating. 12 posts Send private message

Hi, you have to be contributing to the Social Security system to be eligible for Spanish issued EHIC so as the previous poster suggested try the local office of the TGSS. 

Like 0      
03 Aug 2010 6:58 PM by Rob in Madrid Star rating in Madrid. 274 posts Send private message

Rob in Madrid´s avatar

Thanks, it's good to know that, I realized that I'm out of the country often enough that I really should have that. When I get back home (currently I'm in rainy and cold Munich) I'll ask and post what I find out.

Decided after all I don't like Spanish TV, that is having compared both.

Like 0      
16 Feb 2011 5:07 PM by comadreja Star rating in the Sierra de Cadiz. 51 posts Send private message

comadreja´s avatar

You can now do this online.  Here´s how:

If are registered in the Spanish social security/healthcare system, your British EHIC card has expired and you are not yet in receipt of a state pension, you can get the Spanish equivalent, Tarjeta Sanitaria Europa, This enables you to receive free emergency health care while visiting any EU country (including the UK).

NB If you are in receipt of a UK State Pension you need to apply to the UK Pensions department for an EHIC card, not this site.

You will need your NIE number and your 12 digit social security number.

Google "solicitud tarjeta sanitaria europa sede electronica" (the system won't let me post the link but  the URL begins  SEDE SEG SOCIAL GOB ES)

Click Solicitar/Renovar Tarjeta Sanitaria, bottom right

Enter your name and address details. You can apply for other members of your family too. Make sure you put your address in the first section, Residentes en España,, not in Residentes fuera España. Enter your SS number in No. affiliación SS, with the first two digits in the first box before the dash, then the remaining 10 digits in the second box.

Select NIE where it says Tipo de Identificación. When entering the NIE, put a zero instead of the first hyphen and leave out the second one, e.g. if your NIE is X-123456-X, put X0123456X

Click Aceptar, and Roberto es tu tio.

Like 0      
16 Feb 2011 6:14 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

No, I'm not your tio, but good post

Here's the link:

https://sede.seg-social.gob.es/Sede_1/Lanzadera/index.htm?URL=98

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
16 Feb 2011 8:36 PM by guslopez Star rating in Lorca, Murcia.. 745 posts Send private message

comadreja .

Todos somos Lorca.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

ice cream - 5 posts
BANK GUARANTEES PETITION - LEY 57/68 - 2 posts
spanish lessons - 3 posts
FREE HEALTHCARE? - 8 posts
Internet Savvy Person Wanted - 4 posts
ESCUDERO PROMOTORS - 3 posts
can I ask the elecricity & water company to do a real reading before renters move in my apt? - 1 posts
Car Recovery from Malaga to Orihuela - 2 posts
Nationwide changes - 79 posts
Success claiming under a bank guarantee - 41 posts
driving in alicante city - 2 posts
Registration for Municipal Election - 2 posts
RYANAIR WINTER FLIGHTS TO MURCIA - 23 posts
QUOTES PLEASE FOR CUPBOARD UNDER STAIRS INSIDE JARDINES APARTMENT - 3 posts
hello - 1 posts
Non-Payers on Community - What are the Options - 8 posts
Ryan Air Rip-Off - 54 posts
punta prima - 4 posts
cam bank charge pentioners 13,000euro intrest for morgage late payment - 3 posts
Are Lilos Illegal In Spain - 21 posts
looking to buy - 2 posts
FREE tour in Spain - 0 posts
Lost the use of remote on sky digi box - 2 posts
the cam bank - 6 posts
Thread Title not displayed - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x