Positive Breath Test

Schools and Education in Spain Guide
Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
10 Jul 2010 12:00 AM by MallorcaMum Star rating in South East Mallorca. 5 posts Send private message

Hi 

Does anyone have any experience of blowing a positive breath test in Spain. My husband collected me last night from a friend´s house and drank 4 small cans of beer whilst he waited for me. On the way home the Guardia Civil had set up a mobile testing unit at the roundabout near our house. My husband provided a sample of breath which tested positive for excessive alcohol. We then waited for one hour and he was given another test but the reading only showed a minimal reduction (both readings were only just over the legal limit). Everything else was in order with the car, documents etc. and he was not arrested but we have been given a notice for a court appearance on Monday morning. I just wondered if anyone knows what will happen on Monday and what the punishment might be?

Thanks

Like 0      
10 Jul 2010 8:17 PM by rowlandsbb Star rating in Gloucestershire &Hue.... 779 posts Send private message

rowlandsbb´s avatar

I'm afraid that in Spain it is getting to zero tolerance and also they seem to be having a go at holiday makers - helps them meet their budget costs- same applies to speeding

Best  advice in Spain is 'no drink before driving'- often in Costa locations all they have to do now is ' speeding and drink driving'  - they have finished most of theri investigations into Towm Hall building fraud!!!

So never drink and drive on the Costas,,,,,spoils the fun but just reality !

Like 0      
10 Jul 2010 8:20 PM by MallorcaMum Star rating in South East Mallorca. 5 posts Send private message

Sorry! I have just realised this thread is in totally the wrong place and I don't know how to move it.

Like 0      
10 Jul 2010 8:23 PM by MallorcaMum Star rating in South East Mallorca. 5 posts Send private message

Yeah we know it was silly for the sake of a couple of cans of beer. Especially seeing as he was coming to collect me as I had a few vinos and decided to leave my car at my mates!!! I just wondered if anybody knew what the consequences might be because as usual with this sort of thing the info on the net is conflicting to say the least.

Like 0      
11 Jul 2010 9:59 AM by guslopez Star rating in Lorca, Murcia.. 745 posts Send private message

There's 2 limits; If he was over the 0.50mg/l it's 6 points off his licence & if he was over the 0,25 mg/l it's 4 points off . Plus a large fine  which I'm not sure off but memory seems to tell me it's up to 1500€'s. this assumes that he 's not classed as a professional driver otherwise the limit for the 1st is half & for the 2nd is 0,15mg/l. 

If he doesn't have a Spanish licence but an english one then they will create a 'virtual' licence ,linked to his nie number / passport , that any time he is stopped in future will tell the police via their computer that he has had points deducted. You can get more info. here. www.dgt.es

Todos somos Lorca.

Like 0      
11 Jul 2010 6:11 PM by MallorcaMum Star rating in South East Mallorca. 5 posts Send private message

Thanks for that reply. It seems to make sense. We were more worried about a ban but it seems both of the readings were between the two limits that you mention so maybe that might not happen.

rowlandsbb! Our name is Rowlands as well, if that is your name?

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

European Advisory Service - 32 posts
Alternatives to using 901 and 902 telephone numbers? - 2 posts
Help needed - hearing aid - 3 posts
Need Some honest advice - 3 posts
HPA Loop hole? - 0 posts
Christmas Lunch in Playa Flamenca - Cabo Roig - La Zenia - 0 posts
ENDESA - How do I change to a lower potencia? - 20 posts
Car park attendants - 15 posts
Estate agent in rellue - 0 posts
Looking to rent in the village of Sucina - 0 posts
What is happening to thread titles?? - 6 posts
Reliable Administrators in Duquesa/Sotogrande Area - 1 posts
Christmas in Playa Flamenca - 5 posts
Help please re urbanisation rule liability - 8 posts
Live and work in Spain for free, and gain experience for your CV! - 0 posts
ADANA Upcoming Event Sunday 18 July 2010 - 0 posts
reforma ley de trafico - 3 posts
Bad experience with long term rental - 21 posts
Very Fresh - 2 posts
FS - Freesat HD box - boxed like new - 3 posts
a hi and advice needed - 13 posts
Herrado del Tollo - 1 posts
Rio Seco walk - Pinar de Camopoverde - 2 posts
Watching the Grand Prix on Sunday at Duquesa or Sebanillas - 5 posts
UK Military pension and moving to Spain?? - 21 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x