Need Some honest advice

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
10 Jul 2010 12:00 AM by ambetious Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi Guys,
                I am a 23 years old male from Pakistan and I am planning to move to Spain for higher studies and work. My English is OK but I don't know much of Spanish (I can learn some basic Spanish from some institute before making the move). The question that I want to ask is that what kind of jobs are available for people who can speak English and some Basic Spanish?(Obviously I am not expecting any high profile jobs in the beginning,  any kind of work that can pay would be good) moreover, is it allowed for the students to work full time in Spain?

Any help in this regard will be greatly appreciated because I would really like to get some feedback from you guys before making such a big decision (considering the fact that I would be moving away from my family for the first time in life for better future)

Like 0      
10 Jul 2010 9:59 AM by Goldie Star rating. 154 posts Send private message

Hi, where abouts in Spain do you have in mind? it may pay to go for a long holiday first as Spain does have high unemployment areas, and jobs are hard to find.

Like 0      
10 Jul 2010 11:06 AM by redsam79 Star rating in Los Pacos, Costa del.... 192 posts Send private message

Hi I agree with goldie, a long 'holiday' if you can afford it. There is not alot of work about, and without Spanish your chances would be limited, perhaps only low paid part time work.......if you can find it. But as with anything in life, if you have something different to offer, a different angle, attitude and a bit of luck along the way you might get a break. If it is something you want badly enough you will find a way. Give it a try and good luck.

SUCCESS IS SIMPLY A MATTER OF LUCK....ASK ANY FAILURE!!

Like 0      
22 Dec 2010 11:31 AM by Murisha Star rating. 12 posts Send private message

Why not settle in your place first and finish your studies before moving to Spain? It may pay-off better rather than moving in this early. Give some real time to study Spanish first. What you might be expecting in the country might be a dream after all. There is too much high unemployment in a lot of areas. Your qualifications wont help.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

HPA Loop hole? - 0 posts
Christmas Lunch in Playa Flamenca - Cabo Roig - La Zenia - 0 posts
ENDESA - How do I change to a lower potencia? - 20 posts
Car park attendants - 15 posts
Estate agent in rellue - 0 posts
Looking to rent in the village of Sucina - 0 posts
What is happening to thread titles?? - 6 posts
Reliable Administrators in Duquesa/Sotogrande Area - 1 posts
Christmas in Playa Flamenca - 5 posts
Help please re urbanisation rule liability - 8 posts
Live and work in Spain for free, and gain experience for your CV! - 0 posts
ADANA Upcoming Event Sunday 18 July 2010 - 0 posts
reforma ley de trafico - 3 posts
Bad experience with long term rental - 21 posts
Very Fresh - 2 posts
FS - Freesat HD box - boxed like new - 3 posts
a hi and advice needed - 13 posts
Herrado del Tollo - 1 posts
Rio Seco walk - Pinar de Camopoverde - 2 posts
Watching the Grand Prix on Sunday at Duquesa or Sebanillas - 5 posts
UK Military pension and moving to Spain?? - 21 posts
Looking for galvanised steel fencing panels in concrete posts - 1 posts
Andreason V Zapatero Round 2 - 4 posts
Who is supporting Spain today? - 54 posts
Laws about taking dogs back to the UK - 18 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x