What is happening to thread titles??

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
08 Jul 2010 12:00 AM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

Justin, don't know if it's just me, but why is this thread title now in the Valle Romano development board??  "WHY do we have SO many car hire, bull fighting, World Cup, smoking v non smoking etc threads? :-)"  If I recall correctly, More started this thread a little while ago, but all the posts are about the Valle Romano development and aren't those that were posted on her thread (if you get my drift!!)!!  

It seems that quite a few threads, started over a couple of years ago, seem to be adopting different thread titles but retaining their original posts - I've noticed a few others too, although don't have the time now to pinpoint them.

Is it just me???

Like 0      
09 Jul 2010 1:01 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

It's definitely not just you Jan!

We've had this problem before but I thought we'd fixed it.  The problem is I can't remember what the issue was at the time!

This is going to do my head in over the weekend but I will get to the bottom of it....just as soon as I've watched Hamilton win the British Grand Prix and Spain win the World Cup

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
14 Jul 2010 9:42 AM by suemac Star rating in Jumilla, Murcia. 1001 posts Send private message

Jan, it definitely isn't just you, as it has happened in the Residencial Santa Ana del Monte forum, with two strange thread titles!  Justin, hope that you have recovered from Sunday's celebrations (which are still dominating the TV schedules!) and can sort this out.

Thanks.

Sue

Sue Walker

Author of "Retiring the Ole Way", now available on Amazon

See my blog about our life in Spain: www.spainuncovered.com

Like 0      
14 Jul 2010 9:54 AM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

It's very strange!  I initially discovered it when I was trawling through some old threads on our development forum - it seems that most threads started before September 2008 have adopted new titles, alot of them very recent ones (World Cup 2010!!?).

Maybe you could delete threads that haven't had a post in, say, over a year Justin, anyway?  Not that that may have any effect, but would tidy up the site a bit!!

Like 0      
14 Jul 2010 2:31 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

This is really doing my head in.  I just can't work out where this bug is in the system.

AHHHHHHHH

Sue, i have corrected the titles in the Santa Ana forum and will correct some others that I know of.

The hunt continues.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
14 Jul 2010 3:38 PM by suemac Star rating in Jumilla, Murcia. 1001 posts Send private message

Justin

Many thanks for doing that.  You have my sympathy - at times I think my PC has a mind of its own because of the strange things that can happen!  it must be a nightmare being responsible for a huge website like EOS.

Hope that you and Susan celebrated her birthday and EOS' birthday in style!

Sue

Sue Walker

Author of "Retiring the Ole Way", now available on Amazon

See my blog about our life in Spain: www.spainuncovered.com

Like 0      
14 Jul 2010 7:00 PM by dennismundy Star rating in Las Kalendas - Fortu.... 263 posts Send private message

Hi Justin

Do not bust a gut sorting this one out but Las Kalendas, Fortuna, has a similar problem. I put it down to one of your server rebuilds last year? Most of the corruption are in threads that are over a year old and we could live without them!!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Reliable Administrators in Duquesa/Sotogrande Area - 1 posts
Christmas in Playa Flamenca - 5 posts
Help please re urbanisation rule liability - 8 posts
Live and work in Spain for free, and gain experience for your CV! - 0 posts
ADANA Upcoming Event Sunday 18 July 2010 - 0 posts
reforma ley de trafico - 3 posts
Bad experience with long term rental - 21 posts
Very Fresh - 2 posts
FS - Freesat HD box - boxed like new - 3 posts
a hi and advice needed - 13 posts
Herrado del Tollo - 1 posts
Rio Seco walk - Pinar de Camopoverde - 2 posts
Watching the Grand Prix on Sunday at Duquesa or Sebanillas - 5 posts
UK Military pension and moving to Spain?? - 21 posts
Looking for galvanised steel fencing panels in concrete posts - 1 posts
Andreason V Zapatero Round 2 - 4 posts
Who is supporting Spain today? - 54 posts
Laws about taking dogs back to the UK - 18 posts
Website Fixer Needed - 3 posts
Specsavers - 4 posts
Fostering in Spain - 5 posts
MAPS? - 0 posts
TRUST & FAITH ? - 0 posts
Mobile Home Sites & living in Southern Spain - 25 posts
looking for work in architecture/ design - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x