Christmas in Playa Flamenca

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
08 Jul 2010 12:00 AM by wanttobeinspain Star rating. 12 posts Send private message

Hi all,

My user name says it all "IwanttobeinSpain"  but I am looking for some help, well in advance.

We are hoping to come out for Xmas - arriving xmas eve early well 10.30am ish.  Can you point in in the direction of what will still be open - shops wise.  Can I get a turkey? etc.

Am bringing some pressies out for the kiddywinkles but would love to surprise them on Xmas day with a tree etc.

Thanks in advance for your help

Emma

Like 0      
08 Jul 2010 7:15 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

All the shops will be open so don't worry and we have loads of them round here.

Turkey may be more of a problem, we usually order ours from the butcher near Lidl some

time before Xmas. Fresh turkey is the thing here and there are not the glut of frozen ones as in Uk.

Tree, well you may get one from a garden centre and definately from Ikea ( but that's miles away). They don't go big on Xmas trees as the big Spanish celebration is january 6th Three kings day.

This message was last edited by Karensun on 08/07/2010.

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
08 Jul 2010 8:30 PM by wanttobeinspain Star rating. 12 posts Send private message

thanks for your reply, if at all possible could you get me the phone number / email address of the butchers should have done it when we were out last week.  Ikea is an idea might get one here and put it in the suit case. 

Alternatively, do many restuarants open on Xmas day?  Thanks

Like 0      
09 Jul 2010 3:09 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

Will get you the butcher's phone number tomorrow when I am down that way.

I thought you meant a REAL tree...............don't worry if you want an artificial one you will get one from one of the MANY Chineese bazaars round here!!!

From a restaurant point of view, there will be lots, at a price of course, but I think you would need to book.

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
09 Jul 2010 3:26 PM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 688 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

There is a local tradition with the expat community where we all go to La Zenia beach on Xmas morning and drink buck's fizz in the sunshine with santa hats on - quite surreal but great fun.  There is a brass band and some people bring their BBQ and cook Xmas dinner on the beach.

We also have an Iceland store in Torrevieja and they do turkey and all the trimmings but you would need to take the risk of them being sold out.  Last year they had lots of Xmas stock left and were selling it off cheap afterwards.

The two years I have been here we have had lovely weather on the day and were able to have out dinner outside on the terrace.  I hope the next one is just as nice!

Like 0      
09 Jul 2010 3:54 PM by wanttobeinspain Star rating. 12 posts Send private message

Thanks for all your replies, can't wait to be back out.  I was designed to live somewhere warm - not like the rain we came back to in Northern Ireland last wednesday. 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Help please re urbanisation rule liability - 8 posts
Live and work in Spain for free, and gain experience for your CV! - 0 posts
ADANA Upcoming Event Sunday 18 July 2010 - 0 posts
reforma ley de trafico - 3 posts
Bad experience with long term rental - 21 posts
Very Fresh - 2 posts
FS - Freesat HD box - boxed like new - 3 posts
a hi and advice needed - 13 posts
Herrado del Tollo - 1 posts
Rio Seco walk - Pinar de Camopoverde - 2 posts
Watching the Grand Prix on Sunday at Duquesa or Sebanillas - 5 posts
UK Military pension and moving to Spain?? - 21 posts
Looking for galvanised steel fencing panels in concrete posts - 1 posts
Andreason V Zapatero Round 2 - 4 posts
Who is supporting Spain today? - 54 posts
Laws about taking dogs back to the UK - 18 posts
Website Fixer Needed - 3 posts
Specsavers - 4 posts
Fostering in Spain - 5 posts
MAPS? - 0 posts
TRUST & FAITH ? - 0 posts
Mobile Home Sites & living in Southern Spain - 25 posts
looking for work in architecture/ design - 1 posts
Moving to Spain - 1 posts
Well done to the Passion Studio in Fuengirola - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x