Help! transfer from alicante airport to los montesinos.

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
05 Jul 2010 12:00 AM by fairy Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

I am traveling to los montesinos in july and arrive at alicante airport. There will be 2 adults and 3 children(only 1 child is under 10 and would require car seat if in a car/taxi). However we dont want to drive,as neither adult would feel confident to do so) and am getting online quotes for taxi (poss with no car seat?) at around £90 1 way. I do not want to have to take a car seat on the plane for 2 taxi journeys,or pay £180 in taxi journeys.Is there anyone who could give me any ideas of how to do this transfer on a tight budget(happy to travel by bus /coach,but can't find any busses that do this route.Any help would be very much appreciated.

Like 0      
05 Jul 2010 5:45 PM by hansas Star rating in Heenvliet, Netherlan.... 1 posts Send private message

You may have a look at the website of clydegrovegolf   , where you can get an online quote and here are 2 phone numbers in Spain that have airport service 0934-636401202 and 0934-696132505.

Good luck

Like 0      
05 Jul 2010 5:51 PM by fairy Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Thankyou for your reply,I will take a look (-: thankyou

Like 0      
05 Jul 2010 6:03 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Fairy, welcome. Many of my friends use Chris & have said he's very good.

Chris & Nicola taxis (Almoradi)

Phone/fax 0034 968 17 81 97, mobile 0034
699 428 630 or 629 622 936

Like 0      
05 Jul 2010 6:16 PM by fairy Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Thankyou ,I have emailed them (-:

Like 0      
05 Jul 2010 6:18 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Bit  complicated by bus, I'm afraid.  You need to get a bus into Alicante city and then from there to Torrevieja.  Buses from Torrevieja to Los Montesinos are every 3 hours with the last one being at 3.30 pm.  Not much scope there, I'm afraid.

Alternatively, a bus to Alicante City from the airport (frequent) and then a bus to Guardamar (about every half hour up to 21.30 - same one that goes to Torrevieja).  Then a taxi from Guardamar to Los Montesinos which is the closest town (or from Torrevieja - not much difference in distance, really).

Trouble is, you are then stuck in Los Montesinos.  The buses through there are pretty infrequent (like, 3 a day) and then only to Torrevieja one way and Orihuela the other.  I think it is one early morning, one lunchtime and one 3.30).  This used to be the timetable but not sure if it is up to date

Los Montesinos – Torrevieja                           7:00 h. – 9:30 h. – 20:40 h.

Torrevieja – Los Montesinos                           7:00 h. – 13:00h. – 15:30 h.

Los Montesinos – Orihuela                             7:10 h. – 15:40 h.

Orihuela – Los Montesinos                             13:15 h. – 20:15 h

Like 0      
05 Jul 2010 6:22 PM by fairy Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

That'll be why Ive not had much success finding a bus route then lol.

I can understand why people suggest hiring a car,but I just wouldnt feel confident driving in another country.

Thankyou for your help.

Any further advice would be appreciated.

Like 0      
05 Jul 2010 7:59 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Driving on the other side of the road is quite easy and you will be amazed at how quickly you will get used to it.  Bit of a nuisance getting out of the airport but after that it gets easier.  The good thing is that there isn't as much traffic as UK and the motorways are pretty quiet and straightforward.  Just remember to give way at all times (regardless of who has right of way) and that as soon as the Spanish pass a driving test, they forget everything they have been taught.  The expats soon get into the Spanish way of driving (eyes straight ahead, use any lane you feel like, forget about those annoying little round signs with a number on, only use an indicator if you are non-macho, only use your horn to say hello to friends or when the traffic light goes from red to green - no amber, by the way - and park sideways into a parking space, preferably on a pedestrian crossing).  Easy Peasy.

Seriously, the taxi fares will soon add up and, although Los Montesinos has a lot of good night life, not much to keep you going through a holiday.  The beaches are a fair distance off so a car, even though the prices have gone up significantly, will be a boon to get places. 

Best of luck.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

holidayrentalhomes.com - 3 posts
Land Grab Only In Spain? - 5 posts
Help wanted - 2 posts
Help Wanted - 11 posts
Help wanted - 0 posts
Euro millions lottery - 2 posts
Long term rental Alcaidesa - 0 posts
Media Markt VAT free day - 4th and 5th July 2010 - 1 posts
Transport required - 0 posts
Hi there another newbie thinking about walking the walk - 4 posts
BMIbaby cancellations - 13 posts
Boot Sale - 2 posts
Any similar experiences....? - 0 posts
Proposed changes to Spanish Health system - 1 posts
Ferries to Southern Spain - 2 posts
Warning to iPod/ iPhone users updating to OS4 - 0 posts
TEFL teaching vacancies - 13 posts
Any recomendations on a good solicitor - 10 posts
Do you need to hire a car in the Torrevieja area? - 0 posts
dont like heights - help - 4 posts
Bad news in the U.K. - 78 posts
Good news in the UK :-) - 82 posts
iPhone, iPad problems - 13 posts
N.I.E PLAYA FLAMENCA - 10 posts
Online check in Ryanair - 16 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x