Help Wanted

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
05 Jul 2010 12:00 AM by Baggies10 Star rating in Oxford then Castil D.... 7 posts Send private message

Hi Everyone,

My wife and i have recently purchased a house in Castil De Campos near Preigo De Cordoba.

We are both still quite young me in my late 30's and my wife in her early 40's.

I am in the process of looking for work the areas that are close to us are Jean, Al Cala La Real, Cordoba all these are around 30 minute drive away then we have Malaga and Granada about 1 hour away.

I am currently in sales and would like to stay within this field but i will turn my hand to anything to be honest just to bring in a wage.

If anyone knows of anywhere that is taking on at the moment i would be very greatful for your help or even if you are in the same position as my self please get in touch and we can have a chat.

Simon

Like 0      
05 Jul 2010 12:36 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Simon, welcome to our forum.

Just a point, it's not necessary to post three identical posts. If we all did that the forum would be in quite a state as now you may find members posting in all three & no one can keep track..

Regarding finding work, there just isn't any around. People who need to work are moving back to the UK, we hear it all the time.Even if they had work to move to they've lost it, very worrying.

HOWEVER, I do wish you luck.

Like 0      
05 Jul 2010 9:21 PM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

Hi Simon,

I know Jaen province well and I don't think you'll find any sales work there.  The Jaen economy is based on olive farming and there's not much else there to be honest.  Beautiful part of Spain though.  I think Cordoba is also quite rural as well so not sure how much luck you'll have there.  You might have more luck in Malaga, but unemployment is very high (over 30%) in Malaga province.

Have a look on infojobs.net.  It's the best Spanish jobs site.

Read my blog: Spain Money Saving Tips and Offers 

Use TransferWise to send money abroad. A lot cheaper than the bank and other online currency exchanges!.

Like 0      
06 Jul 2010 12:49 AM by 1962 Star rating in Iznalloz. 181 posts Send private message

Hi Baggies10,

I have property in a village near Granada and the work there is scant to say the least.  The young yorkshire estate agent with whom we dealt and bought our property from 2 years ago has lost her job, her car and her house has been repossesed. She lives in the next village to us and her husband is Spanish (she speaks reads and writes fluent spanish)  Luckily they have accomodation now at her father in law's house so she is not out on the street.  If you have bought here without having jobs, it is very precarious at the moment to do so. However I hope things work out for you and you enjoy your life here in Spain.

** EDITED - Please respect terms of posting **

This message was last edited by EOS Team on 06/07/2010.

Kathy

Like 0      
06 Jul 2010 9:31 AM by suemac Star rating in Jumilla, Murcia. 1001 posts Send private message

Hi Kathy

I think More was just trying to point out quite helpfully that if there are different threads on the same subject, you might miss some useful replies.  Not so long ago, I posted on a thread and then noticed that there was another thread on the same topic!  Very confusing!!!  TechNoApe realised what had happened so did a cut and paste to put my reply on the thread that most people were using, so my comments weren't missed.

Simon, do you speak Spanish?  If you are fluent, that will at least increase your prospects of finding work.  Best of luck!  Do let us know how you get on.

Sue

Sue Walker

Author of "Retiring the Ole Way", now available on Amazon

See my blog about our life in Spain: www.spainuncovered.com

Like 0      
06 Jul 2010 11:59 AM by normansands Star rating in Kent. 1281 posts Send private message

Dear All,

are you being a little kind and gentle here.

aren't the prospects quite dire???

it is rumoured that even the mighty Techno is in trouble and not making things work.

shouldn't things be more realistic when giving advice???

Regards

Norman

Like 0      
06 Jul 2010 12:25 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Sue, EXACTLY as now Maria has posted in one of the three identical posts here It  just becomes impossible to keep track if more than one thread is started. However, we all have our own opinions on the matter. As or 'dictating' to Simon, that is not the case  but Kathy, I'm not on the forum to bicker. I leave that to others! You have a good day, ok? You too Sue.

Oh, Maria said 'I would certainly go for plain, simple, transparent relocating services. Maybe combines with good services and info on culture, history, gastronomy, idiosycrasy...

Best wishes,

Maria'

Like 0      
06 Jul 2010 12:43 PM by Hammersfan Star rating in Body in Essex, Heart.... 160 posts Send private message

** EDITED - Unhelpful **

Like 0      
06 Jul 2010 12:45 PM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

** EDITED - Unhelpful **

Read my blog: Spain Money Saving Tips and Offers 

Use TransferWise to send money abroad. A lot cheaper than the bank and other online currency exchanges!.

Like 0      
06 Jul 2010 2:18 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

EOS!

Like 0      
10 Jul 2010 6:19 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Norman,

"aren't the prospects quite dire???"

Not if your skilled and those skills are in short supply!

"it is rumoured that even the mighty Techno is in trouble and not making things work."

The only rumours about people started on EOS come from you, and where do you get off from spreading rumours?

FYI, I am doing fine, so fine in fact I have taken a holiday for 3 weeks whilst my family is out here! Reason being is that I have the right skill set!

"shouldn't things be more realistic when giving advice???"

At least we try and give advice on all things Spain, as we that live here are able to do so.

You do not live in Spain and are very unhappy with anyone who does and is happy!

Simon,

Back to your question, and I apologise for some of the previous behaviour, especially as you are new to the forum:

There is work to be found, if as I say you have a skill that is in short supply here in Spain.

My advice is to save up enough money to last at least one year, then come out for six months. If you haven't found a job in Spain by then, at least you can go back to the UK with enough money to last you another six months and find work.

Hope this helps.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
18 Jul 2010 1:04 PM by JazII Star rating in Mar Menor and UK. 133 posts Send private message

JazII´s avatar

Hi Folks

So just curious, in your view what type of work is thriving right now in Spain?

TechNoApe

I see you are referred to as being a serious techie......are you on the Linux/Unix/Pearl PPM side or are you a tech in another speciality?

Talk to you all soon ;-)0

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Help wanted - 0 posts
Euro millions lottery - 2 posts
Long term rental Alcaidesa - 0 posts
Media Markt VAT free day - 4th and 5th July 2010 - 1 posts
Transport required - 0 posts
Hi there another newbie thinking about walking the walk - 4 posts
BMIbaby cancellations - 13 posts
Boot Sale - 2 posts
Any similar experiences....? - 0 posts
Proposed changes to Spanish Health system - 1 posts
Ferries to Southern Spain - 2 posts
Warning to iPod/ iPhone users updating to OS4 - 0 posts
TEFL teaching vacancies - 13 posts
Any recomendations on a good solicitor - 10 posts
Do you need to hire a car in the Torrevieja area? - 0 posts
dont like heights - help - 4 posts
Bad news in the U.K. - 78 posts
Good news in the UK :-) - 82 posts
iPhone, iPad problems - 13 posts
N.I.E PLAYA FLAMENCA - 10 posts
Online check in Ryanair - 16 posts
jet ski hire - 0 posts
90% mortgage required - 5 posts
Cox apartment ref. SP1176 - 0 posts
Administrator at meeting - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 12

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x