Any recomendations on a good solicitor

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
03 Jul 2010 12:00 AM by thereeces Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hi

We are considering buying at La Torre/Polaris world and would like advice on any good solicitors in that area also the bad one's to stay away from, This is a big step for us so we are trying to do the right thing by doing our research and seeking information so we might ask some silly questions!

Thanks

Like 0      
03 Jul 2010 2:26 PM by redsam79 Star rating in Los Pacos, Costa del.... 192 posts Send private message

hi thereeces, the only silly question is the one you forget to ask! Not my coast but you will get plenty of help and advice, and maybe even some silly answers!

SUCCESS IS SIMPLY A MATTER OF LUCK....ASK ANY FAILURE!!

Like 0      
04 Jul 2010 12:28 PM by ******** Star rating in UK & Murcia. 574 posts Send private message

hi thereeses, welcome to the forum.  I'm sure many people will have good advice for you on this question.

I have posted before about my experience with solicitors.  I'm on my third company.  The first was a personal recommendation through a british 'friend of a friend'.  These were useless and we didn't have a clue what was or what was not happening, we parted company after 6 months ...and yes, nothing had happened in our purchase.  The second never responds to any communication, even though the work gets done. 

The first two are Spanish.  The third one is a company set up by Irish owners, but the staff are Spanish and fluent in English.  They are on the ball and understand how we tick.  I've realised it's partly a cultural thing.  We expect swift customer response and good customer service.  That way we know and we are in control of the actions we pay the solicitors to do.  All three lawyers are members of Spain's body that oversees the work of solicitors but the difference is stark.  As posted before, I am happy to recommend Spanish Solutions based at La zenia near to Torrevieja.  Polaris world has had a bad press with their financial difficulties, but the place is finished and the properties are legal, unlike many others. I have relatives living there and they like it very much.  Hope it goes well for you.

Jane

Like 0      
06 Jul 2010 4:51 PM by thereeces Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hi 

Getting the information we need now. Now for a silly question!  with the current economic climate and company's folding is there any guarantee when you place the money into the solicitors hands for completion, they just can't waltz away with it on a friday afternoon and never be seen again?

Thanks for the previous replies

Like 0      
06 Jul 2010 5:36 PM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

It could happen ....

But you don't have to send the money to your solicitor for completion.

You could transfer money to your own account and bring the drafts along to completion (the notary) yourself. But you will need to watch the bank don't fleece you on receiving charges and charges for issuing bank drafts (cheque bancarios).

If you want to protect yourself then get more involved in the transaction yourself.

Like 0      
14 Sep 2010 11:59 AM by maryodriscoll Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hi thereeces

My geography is not good but I have just completed a purchase in Torrox near Malaga and i had the most wondeerful, helpful solicitor. He always explains things and keeps us updated and he is even sorting the registration for the electricity, water, taxes etc for us. He is based in Torrox Costa and is fluent in English and German. Here are his contact details. I hope he can help.

Oscar Medina España
Abogados
Urb. Centro Internacional Bloque 83, bajo
29793 TORROX COSTA – Malaga - SPAIN
Phone: (0034) 95253 15 91 – Fax: (0034) 952 53 06 61

Like 0      
14 Sep 2010 3:21 PM by newboy Star rating in spain. 29 posts Send private message

hi ya

if it helps, we have used a very good lawyer called Miguel Bascones http://www.nblawyers.es/

perfect english speaksing and very helpful

hope this helps

Like 0      
14 Sep 2010 6:36 PM by John Wolfendale Star rating in Granada. 53 posts Send private message

Carmen Atkins of atkinsmorales.com is bilingual and has practiced law in the UK and in Spain. She is also someone who, I'm not quite sure how to put this, she has very high standards and is sensitive to her clients needs. 

Like 0      
14 Sep 2010 6:54 PM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

to which colegio does she belong?

Like 0      
14 Sep 2010 7:03 PM by John Wolfendale Star rating in Granada. 53 posts Send private message

is this a question about where she is based? Shes in Vejer so I suspect her colegio would be Seville. Could be Cadiz.

Like 0      
15 Sep 2010 10:27 AM by gillmurcia Star rating. 26 posts Send private message

Hello,

I think it is important you find a soliciotr you are going to be comfortable with, who you can trust.

I cannot recommend enough the law firm we use, Adriana Perez Legal Services in San Javier (Murcia). She, and her staff, speak perfect English, she is open minded and extremelly helpful. She is also, and that is I believe quite important as well, fair with her fees.

You can contact them on the 0034968334178.

Best of luck

Gill

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Do you need to hire a car in the Torrevieja area? - 0 posts
dont like heights - help - 4 posts
Bad news in the U.K. - 78 posts
Good news in the UK :-) - 82 posts
iPhone, iPad problems - 13 posts
N.I.E PLAYA FLAMENCA - 10 posts
Online check in Ryanair - 16 posts
jet ski hire - 0 posts
90% mortgage required - 5 posts
Cox apartment ref. SP1176 - 0 posts
Administrator at meeting - 0 posts
Birthday thread - 4 posts
Photovoltaic cells - Feeser income tariff - 3 posts
Cedula de Habitation for an old house - 3 posts
Caba de gato & snorkelling - 1 posts
San Javier information - 1 posts
Advice Please on Schools In/Around Calahonda - 13 posts
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAN (PITBY) - 5 posts
reposession of my Apt - 2 posts
Problems with the 'Rough Justice again' thread... my previous post has been deleted... !! - 4 posts
moving asap - 10 posts
Erection party. - 2 posts
Driving UK car in Spain - 13 posts
handing keys back - 10 posts
EOS moderators question - 12 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 11

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x