iPhone, iPad problems

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
02 Jul 2010 12:00 AM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

Justin, I think I mentioned before that, on the iPhone, although the log in and a couple of other features bring up the keyboard, the reply to post 'box' doesn't - so you can't effectively reply to a post when viewing EOS on the iPhone or, it would appear, the iPad.  Can you look into this possibly?

Thank you!!!!!! 

Like 0      
03 Jul 2010 6:46 AM by roddy1 Star rating in Leeds/ Balsicas. 250 posts Send private message

roddy1´s avatar

Hi Pitby

I have tried this to no avail perhaps Justin can create an Application for Eye on Spain!

Like 0      
03 Jul 2010 10:51 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

I've had these comments for a while but I only just picked up my iPhone yesterday so now I can see what the problem is.

I'll take a look and see how we can resolve this.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
26 Jul 2010 5:21 PM by ptan Star rating in Los Naranjos Jardine.... 1696 posts Send private message

ptan´s avatar

Hi Justin,

any advances on getting it working?  As an iPhone user yourself you now know how annoying it is not being able to post on the move

Phil

Phil

Email: phil@naranjosuno.com

Web: www.naranjosuno.com

Like 0      
26 Jul 2010 5:30 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

Yes, it's a bit frustrating!  I was sat in the car waiting for school to come out and wanted to answer a post and had to send a pm to the member with the details in the subject line - which was the only thing I could do.

Like 0      
30 Jul 2010 9:40 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

It is SOOOO frustrating that it doesn't work.

I have tried a couple of things but it looks like for smart phone users we will only see a regular text box with no ability to include links or images, etc.

There's no way around it at the moment that I can see.

I will get it up and running next week and see what you think.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
23 Aug 2010 2:06 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
I am sending this from my iPhone so I think it works now. Can you see if it works on your ipad please? Also, because of the workaround that I've had to do it means that we don't have the smilies etc for iPhone users. Best I can do at the moment. Justin

Like 0      
23 Aug 2010 2:17 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
It seems to be working from the iPad too, Justin!! Great stuff! Thanks!

Like 0      
23 Aug 2010 2:42 PM by roddy1 Star rating in Leeds/ Balsicas. 250 posts Send private message

roddy1´s avatar
Yes works on iphone

Like 0      
25 Aug 2010 1:43 PM by carolinej Star rating. 420 posts Send private message

carolinej´s avatar
Great. It's working from my iPad here in Duquesa Village. Thanks Justin!

Like 0      
31 Aug 2010 2:03 AM by carolinej Star rating. 420 posts Send private message

carolinej´s avatar
However I just tried to edit a post and and to reply to a PM and couldn't do either as the keypad didn't come up. I apologize therefore for any typos etc in my posts!

Like 0      
31 Aug 2010 7:47 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Doh! I forgot about those so I'll sort them today. Thanks justin

Like 0      
31 Aug 2010 1:41 PM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

Justin, what about us Android geeks?  The site doesn't look right in HTC's browser.  Not tried Opera Mini yet, but will let you know.

Read my blog: Spain Money Saving Tips and Offers 

Use TransferWise to send money abroad. A lot cheaper than the bank and other online currency exchanges!.

Like 0      
05 Sep 2010 4:02 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

I've sorted those out now.

David, don't tell me I now have to buy an HTC phone too .  We'll have to meet up for a beer and I can borrow your phone and check it out.

Justin

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

N.I.E PLAYA FLAMENCA - 10 posts
Online check in Ryanair - 16 posts
jet ski hire - 0 posts
90% mortgage required - 5 posts
Cox apartment ref. SP1176 - 0 posts
Administrator at meeting - 0 posts
Birthday thread - 4 posts
Photovoltaic cells - Feeser income tariff - 3 posts
Cedula de Habitation for an old house - 3 posts
Caba de gato & snorkelling - 1 posts
San Javier information - 1 posts
Advice Please on Schools In/Around Calahonda - 13 posts
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAN (PITBY) - 5 posts
reposession of my Apt - 2 posts
Problems with the 'Rough Justice again' thread... my previous post has been deleted... !! - 4 posts
moving asap - 10 posts
Erection party. - 2 posts
Driving UK car in Spain - 13 posts
handing keys back - 10 posts
EOS moderators question - 12 posts
Green stuff on chairs - 2 posts
insurance when purchasing. - 3 posts
Warning! - 4 posts
Mexico, no. Any thoughts/advice on considering a move to the Valencia area? - 9 posts
moving furniture - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 14

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x