Any similar experiences....?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 Jul 2010 12:00 AM by po11yanna Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi, I'm  please to be on this site and to read about so many different issues!

I would like to tap into anyone's experience regarding a problem I am in the midst of.  I am dealing with a solicitor in London (since June 2009) on a no win no fee basis after losing my faith in my Spanish solicitor to reclaim a deposit I was entitled to by the terms of the contract (!) on an off plan property in Spain (2007-2008). 

It has now come to my attention that if I indeed LOSE the case, I could be liable for 3rd party fees (I should have known that, but hindsight is a wonderful thing, and so is being wise!!).  In essence, 2/3 years ago the Spanish developer conceded to owing me the money and and an email to that effect was forwarded to me by the Spanish solicitor, along with a copy of  a 'draft' document to that effect, which, although had names on it, was never completed with dates and amounts, or signed, and that was the last we heard (which is one of the reasons I moved on from this solicitor).  Two years later, the developer is still elusive

Any similar experiences will be read with great interest!

Regards

My question is, does anyone know if there are inurers in the UK that will insure agains losing this type of case, and, if so,  how much the premiums are likely to cost.  My current solicitor has asked for a £100 fee up front for the insurers they are proposing to just assess the case.  (The courts are still trying to pin the developer down so it hasn't 'gone to court' yet).

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Proposed changes to Spanish Health system - 1 posts
Ferries to Southern Spain - 2 posts
Warning to iPod/ iPhone users updating to OS4 - 0 posts
TEFL teaching vacancies - 13 posts
Any recomendations on a good solicitor - 10 posts
Do you need to hire a car in the Torrevieja area? - 0 posts
dont like heights - help - 4 posts
Bad news in the U.K. - 78 posts
Good news in the UK :-) - 82 posts
iPhone, iPad problems - 13 posts
N.I.E PLAYA FLAMENCA - 10 posts
Online check in Ryanair - 16 posts
jet ski hire - 0 posts
90% mortgage required - 5 posts
Cox apartment ref. SP1176 - 0 posts
Administrator at meeting - 0 posts
Birthday thread - 4 posts
Photovoltaic cells - Feeser income tariff - 3 posts
Cedula de Habitation for an old house - 3 posts
Caba de gato & snorkelling - 1 posts
San Javier information - 1 posts
Advice Please on Schools In/Around Calahonda - 13 posts
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAN (PITBY) - 5 posts
reposession of my Apt - 2 posts
Problems with the 'Rough Justice again' thread... my previous post has been deleted... !! - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 1

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x