dont like heights - help

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
03 Jul 2010 12:00 AM by honeyboo Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hi everyone,

I am new to this site and hope you can help with my enquiry. We will be driving to Javea, Costa Blanca in the near future and I am trying to work out the best route to take over 3 days. The major factor is that i am absolutely terrified of heights, and although i am looking forward to this trip, in the back of my mind i'am thinking, "do i really want to do this." Can anyone tell me if there is a route that would be suitable for us. We would like a senic route with 3 stopovers (not too expensive) so any info would be great.

Regards Honeyboo

Like 0      
03 Jul 2010 12:49 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Honeyboo, welcome.

Well..... you're not flying so that's ok

I assume you mean you don't want to travel on a road where to the right (or left ) there's a megga drop vertical!!!

Once you reach Javea I know I wasn't happy to travel the road between Javea & Denia for that reason though .. in Greece .. standing up in an old bus that was chokka with tourists I saw worse, nightmare when you really cannot stand heights, I can sympathise.

Like 0      
03 Jul 2010 1:14 PM by honeyboo Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hi Morerosado

Thanks for you quick reply, we go to Javea every year as my sister and brother in law live there, but we always fly. I know that road bewteen Javea and Denia, my sister in law throught she was taking me on a nice senic route and I thought I was going to have a heart attack, never again. Just Hope someone can tell me that on  the journey from england to spain i wont suffer and nervous breakdown.

Regards

Honeyboo

Like 0      
28 Jul 2010 8:44 PM by Febe Star rating in Flix, on river Ebro,.... 240 posts Send private message

I expect you've left already, I hope you found a good route.

We go this way:

Calais/ boulogne down to Abbeville.

Rouen.

(Now pay attention, this misses Paris and is stress free)

Everux.

Nonancourt.

Dreux.

Chartres.

Orleans.

(Back on ''normal route'')

Verzon.

Chateauroux.

Limoges.

Brive.

Toulouse.

St Gaudens.

Vielha.

After Vielha is the tricky bit for you. You have to get over the Pyrenees some how!

The views are lovely. The road does twist some what, but most of the way there are lakes not very far below you. It's not very long (maybe an hour) untill you're on level ground again.

After that it's down to you. We live 4 hours from Vielha and don't go any further down!

Tolls are around 40 euros.

We do this in an easy one night stop, mind you, we are in a subaru WRX STi! No even in the landrover it's a one night stop. Two if we want to take it easy.

Hope you have/had a good trip.

Take care,

Febe

No matter where you go, there you are.

Like 0      
30 Jul 2010 5:56 PM by honeyboo Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hi Febe,

Thanks for your reply, it sounds a good route, I will look at the map at all the places you've mentioned. Just a bit concerned about the pyrenees, I really want to go on a lovely senic route, and I know we have to cross them,but if i've got my eyes shut under the dashboard I wont be seeing any lovely views. Think i will have to toughen up a bit.

Regards Honeyboo

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Bad news in the U.K. - 78 posts
Good news in the UK :-) - 82 posts
iPhone, iPad problems - 13 posts
N.I.E PLAYA FLAMENCA - 10 posts
Online check in Ryanair - 16 posts
jet ski hire - 0 posts
90% mortgage required - 5 posts
Cox apartment ref. SP1176 - 0 posts
Administrator at meeting - 0 posts
Birthday thread - 4 posts
Photovoltaic cells - Feeser income tariff - 3 posts
Cedula de Habitation for an old house - 3 posts
Caba de gato & snorkelling - 1 posts
San Javier information - 1 posts
Advice Please on Schools In/Around Calahonda - 13 posts
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAN (PITBY) - 5 posts
reposession of my Apt - 2 posts
Problems with the 'Rough Justice again' thread... my previous post has been deleted... !! - 4 posts
moving asap - 10 posts
Erection party. - 2 posts
Driving UK car in Spain - 13 posts
handing keys back - 10 posts
EOS moderators question - 12 posts
Green stuff on chairs - 2 posts
insurance when purchasing. - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x