reposession of my Apt

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
01 Jul 2010 12:00 AM by stewal Star rating. 12 posts Send private message

Hello, I think i am not on my own when i say that i am out of work in uk and struggling is not the word to pay my mortgage in Spain, I heard there may be a new law to let banks reposess property without any penalties, I paid 90,000eur + tax for my property in playa flamenca, orihuela costa, My mortgage is on 64,000 eur, I would think that with what i am going to lose then the banks would understand this, Can you advise please

Steve

Like 0      
02 Jul 2010 12:01 AM by golfus Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hello Stewal,

You are not the only one, of course not.

I work for a Spanish bank and I have seen 1000s of people in the very same position.

What I would suggest first is trying to get your finance together, try to speak to your branch manager in Spain and re-arrange the mortgage if possible. We are very good listeners! 

If nothing works then do a "dacion en pago" which means that you are giving up the property because you realistically cannot afford it. To do so you will need to proof them that you are out of work and you've got no money left on the bank account for the mortgage.

Before you do anything really, think twice because you WILL loose all the money you have already invested in your dream and that is a shame. If you think there is a small possibility to make it work do it. Do not just give up because you will never, ever get a mortgage in Spain, ever, not only that. Spanish banks now have access to Experian and you may have trouble in the UK.

I am deeply sorry for you :(

Hope it helps

golfus

Like 0      
02 Jul 2010 4:48 PM by angelmouse Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Can you look at taking out a long term let? Your bank may agree to stop repossession if you can meet most of the mortgage payments this way. It is better for the bank too. I have a friend who received a bank repossession notice over a year ago and nobody has entered the apartment. She regularly pops over to Spain to stay in it despite no water or electricity. So it may be months and months before your bank does anything at all.

If you go down the long let route try to advertise privately and that way you don't have to pay a percentage of commission. Good luck....

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Problems with the 'Rough Justice again' thread... my previous post has been deleted... !! - 4 posts
moving asap - 10 posts
Erection party. - 2 posts
Driving UK car in Spain - 13 posts
handing keys back - 10 posts
EOS moderators question - 12 posts
Green stuff on chairs - 2 posts
insurance when purchasing. - 3 posts
Warning! - 4 posts
Mexico, no. Any thoughts/advice on considering a move to the Valencia area? - 9 posts
moving furniture - 1 posts
Toll Fees - 5 posts
Water sports activities for teenagers in Fuengirola - Benalmadena - Torremolinos? - 0 posts
OUT OF AFRICA - 8 posts
White paint - 2 posts
Driving to Spain, - Stopover etc - 6 posts
FIFA Introduce latest goal-line technology! - 1 posts
Property Management - 9 posts
My 1000th post! - 3 posts
bungy - 1 posts
Palmera Properties - 11 posts
England Vs. Germany WHAT A GAME - 8 posts
Good quality tools required... - 4 posts
Justin, help needed, please - 0 posts
Estate agents charging double fees - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x