Land registry and notary fees

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
28 Apr 2010 12:00 AM by simco Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

I am buying out a friend who owns part of an apartment. The property is worth 225k eus and I am paying 76k eus for  a third. We are in dispute  about who pays Notary and Land registry fees.    Is it the buyer of seller  or shared?

Our solicitor has stated that Notary fees are 1000eus and Land registry 1500eus. This seems very high compared to what other people say in the forum.

Has anyone a view.

Like 0      
28 Apr 2010 11:05 AM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

Worry more about what your solicitor will charge you!

All your solicitor is asking for is money on account of costs to pay these items for which you will get receipts and your solicitor should then refund the excess.

I would not think both would be more than EUR1,000 in total unless there is a mortgage deed as well and if so that may need re-jigging so there could be cancellation of existing mortgage and registrtaion of new deed and that could lead to extra notary fees and property registry fees.

As regards the property the norm is buyer pays these costs but any fees payable in respect of cancellation of existing mortgage should be to the seller and fees for a new mortgage to the buyer etc.

Unless the whole share ownership is complicating matters but if so I don't now how? In most cases property registry fees would be about 1/3 of notary fees.

Personally I do not like any form of shared ownership.

Like 0      
28 Apr 2010 11:19 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

The legal rule is that seller pays plusvalia and the around the 90% of Notary fees and  buyer pays Land Registry, around 10% of Notary fees and transfer taxes.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
28 Apr 2010 11:30 AM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

But in practice the buyer almost always pays notary and land/property registry fees (related to acquisition only) and of couse as Maria says the seller also pays the plusvalia tax.

I suggest you ask your solicitor to prepare and email you a draft completion statement.

Like 0      
28 Apr 2010 12:04 PM by sharonw Star rating in Coin, Malaga. 281 posts Send private message

sharonw´s avatar

Hi simco,

Has your your lawyer mentioned anything about transfer tax? Normally when transferring name ownership on the title deed there is a portion of transfer tax to be paid - I am sure Maria can confirm this.

Regards

Sharon

sharon@tmasspain.com

www.themortgageservicegroup.com

Like 0      
28 Apr 2010 12:16 PM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

If he is not already a part owner then he will have to pay 7% transfer tax and more if the transaction is less than the so called deemed value.

Like I said ask for a draft completion statement.

Also I think you need to discuss with your solicitror the implications and possible future problems of joint ownership and I would recommend some type of agreement between all owners as to how to dissolve or buy out one owner etc.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Costa Blanca Transfers Car Hire- anyone used them? - 9 posts
wi-fi extenders - 4 posts
HELP WANTED - 0 posts
ITV & INSCURANCE - 5 posts
Universal Hospitality - 0 posts
Family Fun Day in Calahonda, Saturday 15th May 11:00-20:00 - 0 posts
items for sale - 0 posts
Looking for a caravan - 15 posts
Help! new type of Endesa Smart Meter - 4 posts
looking for a church in Corvera area - 3 posts
Major UK Airlines Launch 'Ash Cloud' Seat Sales - 0 posts
Can a devloper sue if you are unable to obtain the mortage ? - 1 posts
Digital switchover - 12 posts
Baby Show - Torremolinos - 1 posts
Creative hair Show in aid of Vera Orphanage - 0 posts
Owners/long term renters stealing community electricity? - 2 posts
van in UK leaves saturday - 1 posts
internet connection - 23 posts
motobike wanted - 0 posts
wanted - 2 posts
Who is having trouble accessing Facebook - 7 posts
I.B.I. - official rated value of property - 1 posts
Recovering from the Marathon? - 0 posts
Railway Museum near Algar Waterfalls - 3 posts
Telefonica blocking websites - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x