Hello just joined eyeonspain!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
18 Feb 2010 12:00 AM by 17lamata Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hello I am Mo and just joined, it seems brilliant way to have discussions with other English who have bought in spain. 

Also a good way of solving problems and sharing advice! I can't believe the laws in spain!!

At the moment I am trying to sort out my wealth and income tax!  Had no advice when we bought and it is mind boggling!!

Do we get a solicitor to sort this out or not???

Has anyone used 'spanishtaxforms' on the internet  to pay their taxes?  They sound really good and efficient but I am reluctant to hand over money to a company I do not know!!! I would really appreciate any views on this.

Thanks a million.

Mo

Like 0      
19 Feb 2010 6:45 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Welcome in!

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
19 Feb 2010 6:50 AM by samcampbell Star rating in Costa Del Sol. 136 posts Send private message

samcampbell´s avatar

Hi Mo,

Goodmorning and welcome!

Sam Campbell Business 1st...

mail: info@business1st.es

www.business1st.es

Like 0      
19 Feb 2010 1:16 PM by Jimbofinn Star rating in Chiclana De La Front.... 224 posts Send private message

Jimbofinn´s avatar

We used the SpanishTaxForms people (based in the UK) and found them very very helpful. (this was purley to sort out our "wealth" / La renta taxes) and probably no where near the prices quoted by local abogados etc.  If you email them, they will / should explain all to you. Good luck.

Like 0      
21 Feb 2010 12:19 PM by Sunrise Star rating in UK. 417 posts Send private message

Sunrise´s avatar

Welcome

Sunrise

Blog De Sunrise

Like 0      
07 Mar 2010 11:38 AM by bluesky01 Star rating. 18 posts Send private message

Welcome to the best Forum in the whole net, Mo!

Like 0      
07 Mar 2010 1:10 PM by Jontymellor Star rating in Warrington & Cabo R.... 144 posts Send private message

I used my lawer who I purchased with, 75euros each to sort my taxes out then after the calac was done I paid the lawyer he did the rest.

though my tax bill was only 35e each, and for some that 150 I paid may be a lot of money, but I'm still in the UK working for another 3 or4 years before I come over.

jont

Like 0      
22 Jul 2010 6:57 PM by kumamayo Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

I am new member. but I had a bad Expeirence with lawyers they are unprofessionals I been stung twice, and I have lost my faith with spanish lawyers.(unlimited corruptions) it is not like in britain, I wish I had bought my off-plan propery in britain. I have lost lots of money and this was my life savings.blood money.   

can someone tell me who is victimesed  like me???

Like 0      
22 Jul 2010 10:55 PM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 689 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

Hi Kumamayo - sorry to hear of your experience. 

If you search the Community section of the forum you may find others who bought in the same urbanisation and who may be able to offer specific advice.  There is a lot of information in the forum so, if you do a bit of searching, you may find many others in the same or similar positon to yourself.

If you can't find anyone from your urbanisation then post some details here and someone may have information to assist you.

All the best.

Like 0      
23 Jul 2010 12:29 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Welcome to EOS 17lamata

I am sure you will enjoy this site, it has a wealth of information

The Wealth Tax has now been abolished, you are only liable for La Renta

PM me for more information

Kind regards,

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
23 Jul 2010 2:46 PM by fpegman Star rating in San Miguel De Salina.... 441 posts Send private message

fpegman´s avatar

It is not correct that the Wealth Tax has been abolished it has only been suspended

Fred

Overseas Property Company

fred@overseaspropertycompany.com

Real Estate sales - rentals and Lloyds insurance agency.

Like 0      
23 Jul 2010 3:23 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

fpegman

I quote from a news article of 2008:

Spanish residents and property owners should have one less tax to worry about – wealth tax is being abolished.

It was on 18th April 2008 that the Council of Ministers approved a measure to get rid of wealth tax in Spain from 1st January 2008. The measure has to go through Parliament and be approved by the Congress of Deputies and the Senate before it becomes law in Spain.

Assuming the proposal is approved by Parliament, the last assessment date for wealth tax will be 31st December 2007, with the final wealth tax bill being paid around now in 2008.

No doubt Maria can verify this abolition?

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
23 Jul 2010 6:46 PM by fpegman Star rating in San Miguel De Salina.... 441 posts Send private message

fpegman´s avatar

My information came from the Daily Telegraph Published: 2:14PM GMT 10 Feb 2010

Other factors that might be considered include tax-efficient trusts and new opportunities created by the 100 per cent exemption of wealth tax in Spain since the start of 2008. However, it is important to note that wealth tax has not been abolished; the Spanish government could recommence these charges simply by reducing or eliminating the new exemption.

Fred

Overseas Property Company

fred@overseaspropertycompany.com

Real Estate sales - rentals and Lloyds insurance agency.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Holidays/short term visits - 2 posts
Horizontal Law Community Buiding Insurance - 3 posts
Any tips? - 0 posts
CAMERA PROBLEM - 2 posts
You need a strong physical guy doing the hard work? - 0 posts
Free Pre-paid Master Card - 0 posts
Paperless banking - 2 posts
Wanted palletts brought over from the uk once a month - 0 posts
Tumble Drier - 4 posts
Costa Del Sol - 0 posts
Dog breader - 3 posts
Does anybody know where i can buy................. - 0 posts
Plus Valia - 1 posts
Property Purchase? - 1 posts
Private Messages! - 5 posts
Car hire Alicante - any recommendations ? - 13 posts
Publicity is part of the contract - 0 posts
New Iceland store opening in 2010 - 7 posts
Any items bringing over - 1 posts
SECURITY SIGNS - 1 posts
Colds and Stuff? - 3 posts
Paying off my spanish mortgage - 2 posts
Karl Mullins - 2 posts
Wanted: 1.5m+ Satellite dish. - 0 posts
any help appreciated- cuevas del almanzora/villaricofiestas/bars/eating out - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 13

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x